Panasonic CGR18650E 2600mAh (2 for $7.80) at Fasttech

Ya, you got me there shadowww. :bigsmile:
Was thinking of the old AW cells. Missed the PD.

AW 2900mAh batteries use Panasonic NCR18650 cell, which has later got updated with NCR18650A (3100mAh) and NCR18650B (3400mAh) :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, that’s them came about early 2009. I missed seeing the PD on the cells at fasttech. Went by the capacity even though I had reviewed the thread less than a week ago where they were announced at fasttech. Fasttech - interesting new products - Flashlights, chargers, batteries and DIY and knives - please no discussions.
:stuck_out_tongue:

A year or so ago the whole forum bought Rev Jim panasonic batteries for under 2$ each...They were old ...and are still really good .

The numbers on the batteries are

D

I think the 20% a year business is crazy talk

it hasn't been my experiance at all .

I do agree Boaz,
It does have a lot of variables to consider.
For instance me and you both buy the same battery at the same time. I use and deplete mine daily over discharging it slightly with a discharge load of 4amps. I leave mine in my car sometimes during the summer. I charge them with a charger that’s constantly over charging them not following the proper algorithm with a charge rate of 1.5C. Drop it on the floor a couple a times a week. In a year I may have 365 cycles
You on the other hand charge yours on a proper charger following the proper algorithm with a charge rate of .7C. You keep yours in a controlled temp room of 70. You never ever drop yours. You use it sparingly with only a 1amp discharge load over a month. Before the battery reaches 3.5v at rest you pull it and charge it to only 4.10v. In a year you may have 12 cycles.
I did everything that causes a loss in capacity and life of the cell over a year, you did ever thing to extend capacity and life over a year. Same battery but two different environments.
I was assuming 20% was a lion cell be subjected to several cycles over a year and maybe some flaws in proper usage (a typical user). From my experiences I would say that 20% doesn’t apply to my limited use cells. That 20% statement is just something I read more than once on the net. But if you where a heavy user with very bad cell care I guess it would be feasible to reach that number quite easily.