[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

payment sent for the light , samsung cells and donation for the team then responed to neals email . big thanks for all blf team for this light i hope it will arrive as soon as possiple to every one orderd it and for now just waiting…

It is very useful info, thank you.

So if that many of the 22 did not pay for their first light &/or dropped out, are you going to replace them by picking right back up with #23 on that list & continuing on down until those places are filled?

Seems that would be fair…….

It does seem fair.

Keep in mind that the deadline for the first 555 group to pay is December 31st.

Neil won’t know if all 555 slots have been filled until after that deadline has passed.

If all the slots are filled we will also be over the 555 user limit as well since we are at 540 right now and another 22 would put us at 562, so it makes trying to add more users very complicated.

I think that we will stick with what we have now, for the first 555.

If we have some slots left over at the end of everything we might give them away as a prize or something. We are still discussing options but trying to get more people on the list at this point would hurt more then it helps.

Please add me to the list for a second GT. I think that I need a second GT with a XHP 70.2

Hi mickscott,DQG make this charger for their 10180 powered keyring torches.Unfortunatly,the DQG Fairy or Spy torch is the battery carrier,$23 US plus on top.You could make/find a battery carrier and run a wire from the cell negative to the charger body,it’s only a neg return.Magnet on neg,zip tie,elastic band or even solder to the charger body,as it’s brass.
My 2 cells are 65 mAh,not hybrid high drain Japanese or Korean ,with high internal resistance(normal for tiny cells).They will not last long on even 100mA charging,that’s 1.5C.I had a 3rd cell,killed it with 100ma charging.
I use a LM2596 charging board powered by a 4.35v 18650 LG cell.The details are in thisthread ,go to post 17.I charge at 50 mA but 40 would be better!
Finally,the LiitoKala 100 charger.Check this post .You should be able to calculate the R5 resistor you need to get to or under 50mA,but I haven’t tried personally.
As you see,no simple solutions for charging 10180’s

Whoa, 540 already? We were at 416 just 19 hours ago. Orders are rolling in. :+1:

Just so no one is confused, you’ll need to get that emitter yourself and install it.

All GT’s come with xhp35.

Well, I meant 540 downpayments sent + the 22 possible extras from the list. I don’t expect all of them to pay up but I also don’t expect many left over slots.

By the time we know for sure, it will be too late to be worth anyone waiting to order. It would very well push them back to the 3rd batch.

We will discus what to do with any extra slots once we know how many there are.

Correct, I am modding the prototype with an xhp70.2 but it is a mod at this point.

The normal XHP70 has good performance but a dark spot in the middle. I have an xhp70.2 coming that I hope will fix the dark spot but not sure what the beam will look like yet.

Dang, 100mA is still too much?

Well, you can get the Zanflare F6S for $8.99 right now on GearBest with coupon code: Bfridaywp29. Buy the charger and get the light and another battery free!

I’m not sure what the charge rate is, but it must be correct since it is a 10180 powered light.

https://m.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_1117255.html?lkid=11975066

I see.

I’m just glad Lumintop is not pulling a “Banggood” and selling them to the public like they did with the Q8. Hopefully they will take care of all the BLF members first, then open it to the public.

(I don’t know if what banggood did actually delayed any members from getting their lights, but it sure did tick off a lot of people.)

I had contact with Neal and he told me that the GT’s are shipped at the start of next week. So the DHL shipments will be at the destination before Christmas. The China post receivers have to be very lucky if they get the GT’s that fast, all though I received two Mankers within two weeks. So fingers crossed and respect for Neal and the rest of the team for this incredible journey to make the best led thrower of this moment!

Yes, at least for these first 1000 they are for BLF only. Lumintop is treating us right at every turn so far. :+1:

Jason, the Zanflare F6 manual states that the 10180 is a 70mAh cell and it takes one hour to fully charge the cell with the built in charger. Read into that what you will, not sure how to figure that kind of thing…

My CottonPickers OctoCharger has rates of 50mA, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, and 780 I bought it from CottonPicker’s chargers when I frequented CPF.

I think MBI (Matchbox Instruments) has a small USB charger that will do the tiny 10180 but can’t remember for certain. My internet is super slow at the moment, trying this link I can’t open it, but if you have better success than me you might find the small MBI Charger work for you.

None of their website links are working and the last post on their Facebook page was 20 months ago. It seems they went out of business.

lf l remember it right, I once read HKJ saying that it is in the circuit of the device being charged that limits the amperage like in this case, the F6’s.

Can we move discussion about 10180 charging to another thread please? It has nothing to do with the GT at this critical time of this project and creates more work for the already burdened team members.

mickscott, if you have questions about 10180 chargers please create a new thread about that so it can be discussed in a more appropriate place.

I have one of these but have never used it, the TP4056 micro USB charger from Banggood can be set for from 50mA to 1000mA with a resistor change. It sells for $1.19.

HKJ reviewed this TP4056 HERE

I found this list of appropriate resistor size to reduce current, the 122 resistor at lower edge near the “in” pad is the one to replace…

Yeah, there is a tiny circuit board in the F6 that does the charging. For lithium cells it should do CC then CV charging. I’m trying to find the charge rate in a review. I hope to get mine soon (ordered on 11-11). When I do I’ll use my usb meter to see what kind of current it is pulling while charging.