[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I paid on the 8th but i’m not on the list.

What’s the final lux figure on this light? I wonder how it will compare to the tv42vnM

~1.3Mcd +/- .1
A bit more than the TN42vn but if you put a dedomed XP-G2 or black flat in it you should be able to reach 2Mcd

im pretty sure that even the prototype has higher intensity than tn42vn

The 8th is pretty recent so you will probably show up on Neal’s next shipping list update.

Nvanlaar’s links for page 361. Updated 12/9/17

Original List up to 1213

Continuation of Group Buy, 1214 - Current(?)

Paid/Shipping List for first 555

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone involved for making this happen. This is my fist of many orders I hope to make on BLF.

Enderman, he was referring to the black flat version. It has the M at the end of the model name.

Vinhs TN42vnM has a bit over 1Mcd, a bit over 2,000m throw and 700 lumens from its tiny die. It costs $400.

Now if you want to campare apples to apples, put a black flat or xpg2 in the GT and watch it outperform everything.

Great, just paid for my BLF GT and batteries.
Gave a donation.
Now the wait—lol

I know the TN42vn uses a black flat.
I am saying that if you put an XP-G2 or black flat in the GT you can get 2Mcd.
The “it” in the second sentence refers to the GT, I thought that was obvious.

from a price/performance standpoint there is no way I can pass this light up. Better than paying $400 for something similar

Oh, I see now. Sorry.

BTW, the TN42vn still uses the xhp35. Vinh swaps the driver to get 400 more lumens plus his own UI.

The TN42vnM uses the black flat and is converted to 3v.

Okay, i thought i’d ask, wasn’t worried (yet).
Thanks.

I just paid for my BLF Gt as well , It comes with 8 batteries right ? you have to opt for the Samsung batteries correct?

yeah I missed the M when typing the name.
The regular TN42vn non-M can be purchased with a G2 though, it’s not only XHP35.

No, it does not “come with 8 batteries”.
If you want the 35E batteries to come with it you order them.
Price for 8 (shipped with light) is $40.50

The TN42vnM is not all that similar. It has this tiny little hotspot that is hard to see with.

If you look here:
Vinh slideshow
You can see the xhp35 hotspot compared to the Olson black. You go from a big hotspot to tiny.

This is why the GT team went with the xhp35 over something smaller. It’s just more usable in the real world.

Okay. It’s currently not listed on his website, so I didn’t know.

Well crap I thought originally it said Light plus batteries it has been a few months ago…so it doesn’t come with any batteries :frowning: dam so how can i order the batteries now since I have already paid for the light ,sorry guys for the trouble. that’s the 18650’s right ?

After seeing how well the GT took to the XHP70.2 with a sliced dome (over 1600m of throw!) I am sure that there are BIG gains to be had with a flat black or other LED in the GT.

That said I finally got some proper centering rings printed up for the XHP70.2 and did some testing. By defocusing it slightly I was able to eliminate the dark spot! Only lost a little throw as well, it was still over 1600m IIRC. The beam looked better as well.

I took these quick wall shots during my G35 review with the sliced dome and a 3.5mm tall centering ring (vs the factory 2.5mm, I think that 3mm tall could be the sweet spot).

Closer to what the eye sees (although much brighter, literally painful to look at the reflection):

With the exposure turned down to see the beam a bit better:

Sadly shortly after this I was messing with it some more and something must have landed on the die and caused it to start burning. While trying to fix it I scraped off the Phosphor layer so I now have a mega powered UV light saber (it is super painful to look at, I am scared to turn it on).

So I will be switching to the 80CRI LED next and most likely leaving the dome on it.

Once I get the V1 prototype back I might try another shot as a sliced dome, maybe even an xhp50.2. Or maybe I will try a flat black….