[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Okay. It’s currently not listed on his website, so I didn’t know.

Well crap I thought originally it said Light plus batteries it has been a few months ago…so it doesn’t come with any batteries :frowning: dam so how can i order the batteries now since I have already paid for the light ,sorry guys for the trouble. that’s the 18650’s right ?

After seeing how well the GT took to the XHP70.2 with a sliced dome (over 1600m of throw!) I am sure that there are BIG gains to be had with a flat black or other LED in the GT.

That said I finally got some proper centering rings printed up for the XHP70.2 and did some testing. By defocusing it slightly I was able to eliminate the dark spot! Only lost a little throw as well, it was still over 1600m IIRC. The beam looked better as well.

I took these quick wall shots during my G35 review with the sliced dome and a 3.5mm tall centering ring (vs the factory 2.5mm, I think that 3mm tall could be the sweet spot).

Closer to what the eye sees (although much brighter, literally painful to look at the reflection):

With the exposure turned down to see the beam a bit better:

Sadly shortly after this I was messing with it some more and something must have landed on the die and caused it to start burning. While trying to fix it I scraped off the Phosphor layer so I now have a mega powered UV light saber (it is super painful to look at, I am scared to turn it on).

So I will be switching to the 80CRI LED next and most likely leaving the dome on it.

Once I get the V1 prototype back I might try another shot as a sliced dome, maybe even an xhp50.2. Or maybe I will try a flat black….

You don’t have to buy the Samsung 35E batteries if you don’t want to. It’s just a special purchade option you can choose thanks to Madmax. Most unprotected 18650 would run you $48 to $64 plus shipping for 8 of them. So $40 shipped with the GT is a pretty good deal.

You can run 4 or 8 cells. They just need to be button top or similar.

I found a deal for 4 Samsung 30Q for $18 a while back, so I got those. I dont need long run times.

Yes, go back to the link and just buy the cells, this is not ideal but it is ok for those that forgot the first time around.

For new orders please try to order the cells with the light.

If you want to, you can still get in on the $40 deal. Just go to the link I posted near the top of the page and fill it out.

Or you could buy some batteries locally. Liion Wholesale and Mountain Electronics are good sources for US customers. You get them quick as well.

Ok sorry I guess I remembered it wrong and Thank you, sorry for the trouble. it is the 18650 right

Yes, 18650 button top. You have a charger right?

Ok Thank thank you I got the batteries purchased ! sorry for the trouble …

1600m is quite impressive, but the lose of lumens would probably make me want keep the dome on. Experimenting with my L6 taught me that.

Why would you want to go with a smaller 700 lumen emitter? Just to experiment?

Yes I have a nice Nitecore charger . Thank you, Do think it will be here before Christmas ?

Only if Neal can pack and ship roughly 140 boxes a day for 5 days straight. I have no clue how many he can do. He’s going to try and get as many out as he can. The rest will be packed and shipped starting in early January.

If you are in the first 555 you will likely get it before Christmas. If not, sometime in January.

It didn’t seem to loose that many lumens actually, although I could not measure the exact amount. The bigger issue for me is the tint shift. While far less noticeable then old school dedoming it still does give it a bit of a tint shift. Not enough for me to write it off but enough for me to not automatically want it.

The flat black would be for the fun of it since I have the old V1 prototype that would just be sitting there otherwise.

I wonder how a dedomed XPG2 S4 (original design) emitter would do in the GT. I still have 2 I’m holding on to for the perfect light :smiley:

More throw then any other light they have been in outside of a wavien collar custom build.

Ok you talked me into it :laughing: I don’t have much measurement equipment though. It would be like giving a kid the Hope Diamond and they treat it like a pet rock :person_facepalming: Maybe after the new year I can place an order for a second one and test them side by side. Or send it off to a member on here that has better measurement equipment than I do.

I’m still thinking about wavien collars from time to time.

I should ask the guys at optolife if they could make something similar…

Maybe once I get the GT and experiment a bit with the aspheric lens. I doubt I will heavily mod my light, but if I could get my hands on a wavien collar (or lookalike), that would give me the motivation to go ahead and do the full modding package.

Been a busy weekend for me and have not had time to update the request lost. I will get it updated and posted tomorrow PM.

Nvanlaar’s links for page 362. Updated 12/9/17

Original List up to 1213

Continuation of Group Buy, 1214 - Current(?)

Paid/Shipping List for first 555

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT