[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I wonder how a dedomed XPG2 S4 (original design) emitter would do in the GT. I still have 2 I’m holding on to for the perfect light :smiley:

More throw then any other light they have been in outside of a wavien collar custom build.

Ok you talked me into it :laughing: I don’t have much measurement equipment though. It would be like giving a kid the Hope Diamond and they treat it like a pet rock :person_facepalming: Maybe after the new year I can place an order for a second one and test them side by side. Or send it off to a member on here that has better measurement equipment than I do.

I’m still thinking about wavien collars from time to time.

I should ask the guys at optolife if they could make something similar…

Maybe once I get the GT and experiment a bit with the aspheric lens. I doubt I will heavily mod my light, but if I could get my hands on a wavien collar (or lookalike), that would give me the motivation to go ahead and do the full modding package.

Been a busy weekend for me and have not had time to update the request lost. I will get it updated and posted tomorrow PM.

Nvanlaar’s links for page 362. Updated 12/9/17

Original List up to 1213

Continuation of Group Buy, 1214 - Current(?)

Paid/Shipping List for first 555

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

If you really want to see something amazing, try de-doming the tiny XP-E2 Torch and put it in a light this size…. just sayin. :wink:

The black flat is the same 1mm^2 die as the E2 but has much higher output and intensity, which is why everyone is using it these days for the top throwers.

How about xhp50.2 in this light, almost double lumen compare to xhp35, smaller hotspot than xhp70.2

Yeah that would also work, however I think most people would prefer the 70.2 simply for more lumens :slight_smile:
It’s a trade off between lumens/spot size and throw.

Yeah, since the Xhp70 reached 1600m, i think we can make the xhp50.2 goes over 2000m, which is still insane to me

The 1600m was with a sliced dome 70.2. A domed 50.2 has the same size hotspot, but less output so it’s not really an upgrade. You’d need to slice the dome on the 50.2 to get a smaller hotspot and more throw.

Exactly. The GT team decided that the XHP35-HI was the best tradeoff for this light design. It’s got good lumens and a good sized hotspot so that you can see what it’s shining at.

Luckily this driver Del designed is quite flexible and can be adjusted to handle xhp50 and xhp70 levels of power.

I don’t know why people want smaller hotspots. What can you see with an xpg2 or black flat? A tiny little dot way out in the distance? I’ve had lights like that. I didn’t like them.

It’s for fun.
Let people do what they want with their flashlights.

I don’t know with you guys, but I want my GT with moonlight, and it will be the farthest-throwing moonlight so far…

PS- with a tiny 1mm LED like the black flat, the max spot diameter at 1km distance is still going to be huge, almost 100m.
Maybe just take into consideration the needs/wants of others and how they may prefer to use their lights before criticizing.

Paid for the first one with donation and reply email , waiting for the 3rd batch email now… Thanks guys!

Me? Who did I criticize?

There are many people on this forum that are not familiar with certain kinds of lights and they might just naturally assume that a light with a longer throw is “better” not realizing that there are tradeoffs for that longer throw. I just want to make it clear that you get a much smaller hotspot which makes it harder to see what your aiming at. So it’s not necessarily “better”, just different. You have to decide for yourself what best suits your needs.

Like if your a sailor and you need a light on your boat that has maximum distance to see other vessel, markers or land, then a small spot, low lumen, super long thrower light would work well.

I don’t think I have any lights just for fun. All my lights are work lights. They all serve a function and are used regularly, so maybe that’s why I’ve not liked any small spot, low lumen, super long throwers.

Just delete the extra ones.

The Delete button is between the Edit and Quote buttons.