[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

It’s Monday afternoon in China, hopefully we will start getting shipping updates soon… (fingers crossed) :sunglasses:

Thanks Jason :+1: :smiley:

People can still read it even if marked through. They might flag it as rude. It might be best to delete it.

I’ll delete any of my quotes as well.

Don’t forget that Martin (M4DM4X) also said a few pages back… “sometime next week”.

He said that a couple of days ago…… so, sometime this week.

I’m sure whenever it is…
……Neal is doing the best he can with this monumental task. :+1:

And the fewer interruptions he has, the more he can get done. :wink:

Can you tell me what mcpcb would work with the black flat? I haven’t seen this little LED beast before. Looks interesting!

Nvanlaar’s links for page 363. Updated 12/9/17

Original List up to 1213

Continuation of Group Buy, 1214 - Current(?)

Paid/Shipping List for first 555

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

It’s said to fit on XP sized boards. Of course you need a very large diameter mcpcb to use it with the GT.

This is called a subtle or indirect criticism:

A few more examples:
“I don’t know why people like loud cars. What can you do with noise? I’ve never liked them. ”
“I don’t know why people like expensive phones. Why spend so much money? I don’t waste money like that.”

I think you don’t understand that when using lights at several kilometres, your “small” hotspot is dozens or hundreds of meters in diameter and is definitely enough to see what you’re aiming at.
The point of having a small hotspot is to pinpoint an object without flooding everything around it and potentially annoying people or causing safety hazards.

This is correct, however you keep contradicting yourself with comments like “makes it harder to see what your aiming at” (which is obviously not true) or “What can you see with an xpg2 or black flat? A tiny little dot way out in the distance?”

Enderman, I’m not understanding what your saying. Why are you posting this?

Because you’re basically telling everyone that wants to mod this light with a small high intensity LED that “you cant even see anything” or “it’s just a tiny dot”
And I explained to you why those statements are completely wrong.

Let people do what they want.
The point of this light is to be flexible, both a thrower and a flooder, so if people want to mod it into a superthrower with a tight beam then they certainly can, and it will not be a “useless tiny dot” like you seem to think.
It will actually be a really large spot, due to the reflector design instead of aspheric lens.

OF COURSE I GOT A EMAIL AND DID AS IT ASKED RIGHT DOWN TO THE DONATION.
I would never jump the list or do anything wrong here or anywhere .

Do we get a general notification here from Neal when the shipping from the first wave begins!? :partying_face:

Thank you !

Thanks! I would imagine that this LED is among the highest lumen output for it’s die size?

Please add me to the list for one light.
Thank you

Yes, lumen output per area is also called intensity and is measured in cd/mm^2.
The Black Flat is #2 highest intensity LED we currently know of.

Oh, I see. You misunderstood me. I wasn’t saying that at all.

When I said “you can’t even see anything” I meant “you can’t even identify anything”.

Also, it is just a tiny dot. A 100 meter circle of light at that long a distance is a tiny dot. Now if you use binoculars then things are different. Then you can identify things.

How am I not “letting people do what they want”? This makes no sense. How would that be physically possible?

Keep in mind that I’m simply playing devils advocate. I’m being the ying to the yang. Making sure both sides of the situation are known. This site is all about learning so I felt I should point out some of the downsides since no one else has.

I feel we are just cluttering up the GT thread.

Thanks! So what is #1? :smiley:

Idk about you, but I could clearly identify that part of the radio antenna at 1km in the pics I posted without any binoculars.
And that spot is only a few meters in diameter, not like the giant 50-100m that it would be with a GT.
I guess not everyone has 20/20 eyesight though.

Another “fun” part about a superthrower is not what is at the end of the beam, but the beam itself.
A lot of people on this forum enjoy throwers for the beam they create, which is very impressive.

“let people do what they want” is an english expression that can also mean “let people do what they want without criticism”
If your opinion is “its a tiny useless spot and you can’t see anything” then good for you, you can keep that opinion to yourself.

Very small size and low lumen output. I recently bought some of them for use in a special searchlight.

Had I not been laid off recently (after 36 yrs with same employer, due to re-structuring = getting rid of the old folk, welcome to The Netherlands) I would have ordered a second light, to customize with Oslon Black Flat, just to see how far it would go and to play with it during the night time……….like they say, men will always be boys :smiley: :+1: :wink:

Cheers
Nico