[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Coyotehawk will get you on the list when he has time to update it. Don’t worry on missing out on it, you are already on it now just by asking to be on it, just not on the list until it’s updated.

There are no more down payments to be made. Was only for the first 555.

Since you’re on the tail end of the list, Payment info PM will be sent in January, sorry don’t have an exact date.

Just patiently wait till then. If you change your mind, no worries, just don’t reply when you get the payment info PM in January.

A lens cap is a good idea for any kind of optic. It is just too easy to scratch even coated glass. I came across one called a Hood Hat from Op/Tech that is made of neoprene and fits a range of sizes. This one fits 5" + or - .5" which should put the GT in its range with a snug fit. Does anyone have any experience with this type of cover? Op/Tech straps are what I use on my cameras, binoculars and now my Q8. I plan on trying the neoprene neck strap for the GT. Plus, they are made in the USA.

https://www.adorama.com/othhxlbk.html?CategoryID=60164

Well as you know I am a train hopping fool, living in box cars, while I travel the country! So if you were in my shoes, you need to have a good flashlight. So now I am ordering this GT beast so I can blind every living thing I see at night…LOL…Just kidding! :smiley:

The real story is I was thinking about a name as I was signing up for this forum. And something just popped in my head about a train light and how bright they are. And that is when it hit me, bada-bang-bada-boom, Box Car Willie! :laughing: If only I could do the train sounds like him! :smiling_imp:

add me to the list please

Anyone got a cad type file I can take to a friend to have a 3D printed lens cover made locally?

Nvanlaar’s links for page 366. Updated 12/9/17

The Millers Original List up to Nov 11 #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, Nov 12 to Current(?) #1214 and up

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

There you go

Neal is going to pack and ship as many as he can this week, but leaves after that for 2 weeks. He will be back in January to continue packing and shipping. So the majority of lights, including CodyWolfeMusic, will be sent out in January.

The last time Coyotehawk’s list was updated was 12/7. You signed up on 12/8 so you will see your name on his list when he updates it. It’s the same for everyone who asked after 12/7. You should be able to just chill until early January. Then the PM will go out to the folks number 1050 and up on the list.

What do you mean by close date for the 2nd batch?
Do you mean the latest date you can pay for people on the 555 to 1000 list? I don’t think a time limit has been established. At least until 12/31, but its probably longer than that. Your not under any obligation to buy either.
If you mean the close date to sign up for a second light at the group buy price, then you might do it now as the group buy may close at any minute.

134mm head OD
85mm fin OD at button
56mm battery tube
62mm battery cap OD
~315mm total length with long battery tube (ruler only goes to 305mm, guessing on the last 10)

There are no final specs of the production version. We only have the latest prototype to go by. Sorry.

The driver is designed to draw 2.5A from the emitter on turbo which means the lumen output should be right at 2,700 (+ or - 100 lumen). 2.5A is pushing it pretty hard so there is no more output to be gained from the XHP35-HI emitter. It puts out a lot of heat, but the large size of the GT handles it very well.

If you have specific questions like the operation of it, etc… just let us know and we can tell you.

Any type of adjustable shoulder strap should work. You will just need to add some small rings if the strap end clips are too big for the holes in the light. I’m sure people can find straps locally as there are plenty around.

Ebay is also littered with folks selling inexpensive Chinese made straps. I got some for $4 per, shipped.

It’s been awhile since first-round payment for 115$, eleven days actually. There is still 4 days before Neal go to deserved vacation… :beer:
Hopefully he will manage to ship out at least 500 packages until then.

Yes got it !!
Finally I got the screws like you show in your picture to go in.
They could only screw in the 2 end gates but wont go in the 2 middle gates.
Regardless finally got to charge some 10180`s.

Thank you JasonWW, I would not have gone back and tried again if not for you.

Still no email from Neil ,did receive an email from PayPal confirming payment but if Neil is busy packing boxes for Christmas I will forgive him LOL

Just check your spam folder. or sent email that same you sent payment, with your blf name and phone number.

And yeah… we all waiting neal gift :slight_smile:

For me with registered mail, it must be next year

Hi Teacher,
First there were no instructions,
Then I could not work out how to use the small screws and metal pieces to charge 10180`s.
Thanks to JasonWW I had another go and finally got the screws to go in BUT ONLY in the first and last slots , Would not screw in the 2 middle slots no matter how hard I tried.
Does not seem to have 0V activation.
Would not wake any of my ` Dead` batteries even thou it claims to do that.!
The metal connectors at the top of the slots that connect to the top of the battery are very small, It is really ` Fiddly ` trying to get 10440`s and even 18650`s to connect.
The screens are very small, It is a little hard to read and is in black /white and there is a lot of info in a small window.
I just do not think it is quality built.
Look I am just a little hard to please when it comes to chargers and maybe I am being a little hard on this charger.

Here are some pics I took ` really quickly ` sorry .
Just got my Xtar Dragon today and so far am impressed.
But the charger I really like is my Skilhunt MD4.
Cheap, Does 300-500-700 and1000mA , gives the time charging and the shows the amount of mAh charged in every battery.
Big slots, big connectors. and CHEAP .

I will take and post some better pictures tomorrow… ( 3.30am here ) need to get to bed.

I am no expert by the way.

Hope this helps you but any questions please just ask.

Cheers, Mick

Thanks Zozz :slight_smile:

Thanks Velocraig