[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

The Lumintop name or the BLF GT on the battery tube would have been cool. But anyway ordered the second one. Still never received Neals email form the first light.

Just hope I get mine before Christmas.

For the real giggles fans, you could make a copper plate with engraved giggles and glue it on the battery tube.

I’m scrolling through and can see Neal’s sheet but can’t see if anything has shipped. I’ve gone back a number of pages. I assume I’m not missing anything and they are just not shipped yet but I’d be happy if I was proven wrong.

Neal sent that list on Fri the 8th. So it is not up to date.

Ah no, my question was more along the lines of has anything actually shipped? I know my stuff was on there. I’ve just scanned the last ten pages and I’m confident I’ve answered my own question in that it’s not yet shipped for any of the first batch.
I’ll go back to my hole now and buy other toys :smiley:

Nvanlaar’s links for page 369.

The Millers Original List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 12

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 8

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Only Neal knows if anything shipped and no one has heard from him. Maybe TA has heard from him and will let us know once he wakes up.

The first 555 money goes to Limuntop. So Neal will have a cut of the 555 to 1000 lights. It’s not much, but I bet it helps. Not just for the honeymoon, but probably the wedding as well. That stuff is expensive.

Ps, why do you say it’s a “tosser”? I’m not familiar with that.

Why say tricked? He can do whatever he wants with his money.

If there is demand and the results are good enough to justify it, they are open to making an mcpcb for this application.

With this latest 80CRI XHP70 I can recommend that the beam is good enough to make it viable once I figure out the focusing height it needs.

The 70cri version was ok but I know that some would complain about the tint shift. This one still amazes me with how little tint shift it has.

Once the GB settles down I will start talks with lumintop about this again.

With a little defocusing yes, the dark spot disappears. The stock sized centering ring does still have a dark spot, although not nearly as bad as the normal xhp70.

The real issue with the 70.2 is the tint shift with the 70cri version. Surprisingly the 80cri version I am using now has tint shift no worse then the stock xhp35, every time I turn it on it surprises me.

I think Lumintop will spring for another xhp70.2 80CRI for me to play with and maybe another tint to try as well. If so then I will put this one on the sphere and try slicing the dome to see those results as well.

I have not heard from him yet, I sent him a message a little bit ago, I will report back when I hear from him.

My gut tells me that they have not started shipping yet. I think that final assembly and QC checks are taking longer then planned and I for one am glad they are not rushing it. The last thing anyone wants is a bunch of issues with the lights that have to be fixed.

Where can I buy strap in EU or China? Shipping from US is not the best option for me.

Thank you

Kind regards

If ebay is an option for you there are loads of nylon straps being sold on it that ship from the orient.

Texas Ace do you have a paypal for direct donation ?

I’ll buy a piece of nice nylon or leather and two clips and ask the local taylor if he can stich it together.

You can send the donation to the team when you buy the GT. It will be distributed between the team members once this is done. If you didn’t when making payment and would like to later, you may go back to the same link and add the donation later as well.

If you would like to send a direct donation for xhp70.2 LED testing or other aspect, you can PM me. I wish I could afford to just buy it all myself but while I have the ability to do the tests, I don’t have the funds right now to spare.

Arsee was making the joke that there were no lights being produced and that we all just paid for a very nice honeymoon for Neal instead.

My robot brain just does not compute certain things.

Besides, you could always start a dispute with Paypal, so no worries.

PS, some folks might mark his post as rude.

AliExpress?

Ha ha could you imagine asking PayPal dispute for same thing 1000 times and for more then 100K $…. :smiley:

That would be dramatic :disappointed: