[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Shoot. I’m only getting one and I already want to modify it. That’s impressive!

Can you post a file to print a spacer by my own?
Mike

There is still time to get on board for a second if you want it.

Lets just say I am glad I am ending up with 3 of them, I am thinking 1: stock, 1: XHP70.2, 1: 3v mega thrower (flat black or xp-G2 I figure)

Yes, once I settle on a final size I will release the design. Remind me in a few weeks if I forget.

Heck, I should just release all the spacers I have designed so far, I have a few dozen different versions I have created over time.

One tip, only use White to print them, black will smoke with a high powered LED and other colors can shift the tint.

Nope. As much as I would like that I’ve maxed out my WAF (wife-acceptance-factor).

Nvanlaar’s links for page 373.

The Millers Original List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 12

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 8

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

lol, I completely understand. Only reason I have these is because I was testing the prototypes and get to keep them after the testing was complete.

From #1049 and up the PM/email goes out in early January.

From what I read about them they are supposed to have a range of +/- 0.5" so I figured an XL listed as 5" should be a snug fit for the GT at 5.31". The XXL is 5.75" which puts the GT at the lower end and might mean a looser fit. Its like a pair of shoes and is hard to say until you actually have them in your hand. The Optech wrist strap I have for my Q8 is 4.75" long laying flat and doubled over and it stretches to 6" long without too much force. So their neoprene is pretty stretchable. It does feel great using as a strap.

/\/\/\/\**

Thank you species8472, good info!! :slight_smile:

has anyone gotten a “shipping notice” or tracking number yet? I paied like 2 weeks ago, first day and I still have not received any “signal” from Neal.
I am a bit worried, that my order got buried in the order chaos.

I just heard from Neal a few minutes ago.

We are over 700 paid orders so far! I would like to fill the first 1000 before the end of the year to show Lumintop that we are serious and encourage future help with projects (such as the XHP70.2 “kit”).

None of the lights have shipped yet. They have been doing quality control and packing this week which took longer then expected but that means they were also doing a good job so hopefully there are no issues.

He is going to get a drop test video before he leaves, I will post it when I get it.

Neal said he is going to show lumintop how to pack the lights with cells and give them a list of the orders paid up to Friday for them to start shipping next week while he is on his honeymoon.

When he returns things will resume from there.

At that point we should have a good idea of how many people have paid from the second set of PM’s and we will send out a 3rd set of PM’s for any open slots. So if you want to take advantage of your early access to the 2nd batch, now is the time to pay.

After the 3rd set of PM’s goes out it will be first come, first served.

A bit off topic but, how are you attaching it to the Q8?

The XHP70.2 pill KIT ist definitely on my list…
and thx for clarifying what is going on at the moment, gives me peace of mind :wink:

You can use the threaded tripod hole to screw in a metal loop. Something like this.

The GT also has this option.

Holy cows, that 70.2 mod smokes Texas Ace!

Any chance I can get away with sipik-ing the 70.2 mcpcb on top of the orignal and get away with it using a thinner centering ring?
I know, far from perfect, but it might work? Might fry the 70.2, but for a second attempt I can hopefully use the kit from Lumintop. The 70.2 MCPCB for the GT is not available I guess? Or is it in Oshpark?

Also interested in the 8Amp driver. Great news and thanks for the beamshots. I love it!

I’d like to be put on the list for a “GIGATHROWER”thanks!

The hole in the Q8 is too shallow for that to seat completely with grinding the tip or using washers. Hopefully those fit better in the GT. Do you have a link for that second one, or better yet, do you have both on hand to compare thread lengths?

Someone here said that Maxtoch carries a 32mm, 12v mcpcb for the xhp70, but it’s not currently listed in their store.
http://s.aliexpress.com/amq6VNri

You would have to ask them for it.

Nvanlaar’s links for page 374.

The Millers Original List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 12

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 8

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT