[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

You can use the threaded tripod hole to screw in a metal loop. Something like this.

The GT also has this option.

Holy cows, that 70.2 mod smokes Texas Ace!

Any chance I can get away with sipik-ing the 70.2 mcpcb on top of the orignal and get away with it using a thinner centering ring?
I know, far from perfect, but it might work? Might fry the 70.2, but for a second attempt I can hopefully use the kit from Lumintop. The 70.2 MCPCB for the GT is not available I guess? Or is it in Oshpark?

Also interested in the 8Amp driver. Great news and thanks for the beamshots. I love it!

I’d like to be put on the list for a “GIGATHROWER”thanks!

The hole in the Q8 is too shallow for that to seat completely with grinding the tip or using washers. Hopefully those fit better in the GT. Do you have a link for that second one, or better yet, do you have both on hand to compare thread lengths?

Someone here said that Maxtoch carries a 32mm, 12v mcpcb for the xhp70, but it’s not currently listed in their store.
http://s.aliexpress.com/amq6VNri

You would have to ask them for it.

Nvanlaar’s links for page 374.

The Millers Original List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 12

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 8

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

This is a random sample picture I found.

Sorry for being thick, but what is the reason for the modding of this light , is it to make it throw even further ?

Coyotehawk will add you to the list. Your name will show up once he does the next update. It will be early January when you will get a PM (personal message) and e-mail giving you all the details of where to go and how to pay.

Welcome to BLF.

No, the xhp70.2 makes it throw less, but you get a bigger hotspot.

In the pic below, you have the GT with the 70.2 at 7,000 lumen and it’s giant reflector.

To the right you have the Klarus G35 which is Xhp35-HI, 2000 lumen with a smallish reflector size. This light is only rated to 1000 meters so it’s not a fair comparison to the stock GT at 2,200 meters, but you can see the size of the hotspot.

The 70.2 has a big diameter and the xhp35-HI has a small diameter.

So if your the type of person that does not need extreme long range, you can mod it with the 70.2 to make it more useful at closer ranges.

I think the currently farthest throwing xhp70 or 70.2 is about 1000 meters. In the GT it gets bumped to 1300 meters. So if you only need to see out to 500 meters, for instance, the GT with 70.2 will give you a bigger hotspot diameter than the stock light. Some people prefer that over the smaller hotspot. It’s just personal preference.

Ok, thanks.

maybe I missed it…but was/will an email be sent out with a tracking number for those of us that chose DHL for shipping?

thanks!

I’m guessing four 35E’s would struggle with the amp draw on 70.2. Will the full 8 be sufficient or would I still need something like the 30Q’s?

Like JasonWW's picture. I call them tripod adapter screws used for cameras. The ones I have allow the upper portion that you grip to rotate down to lay flat when nothing is attached to them. They are easy to find with a search. If the screw is too long you can just grind off a little (my preferred way) or use a washer. The hole on the Q8 and hopefully on the GT is deep enough to give a solid grip. I think the screws or something similar will be needed for the shoulder strap on the GT like JasonWW shows. So if you order a screw be sure to get a couple.

With the series battery configuration, plus a little overhead, the 5A at the emitter will draw about 5.5A from each cell if you use 4 cells.

If you use 8 cells the load drops to about 2.25A per cell.

I would say the 35E should be fine at 5.5A.

Now if later on you swap the driver for one that can do 8A then 4 cells are pulling 8.8A each. I think the 35E can handle that no problem.

8 of the 35E would see 4.4A which is easily handled.

I’m no battery expert, but as the load increases, the 35E might drop out of regulation before the 30Q. Then the 35E would run longer than the 30Q until the lvp kicks in.

Hopefully some battery gurus can speak up on this.

+1

My biggest worry is knowing the tracking number of package (the AWB of DHL) just be shipped
I must do the import procedures at least one business day before the arrival of the package to Uruguay to be able to join the duty-free import exemption.
If I do not comply with those formalities in time and form before arrival, the package will be retained by customs and I will trapped in the hands of the bureaucracy $$$$$$$$

I’m sorry, but I must express my worry

I know that many of you guys will have a more technical and precise way of saying this, but this is what I have observed regarding throw distance.

If a light says that it will throw 1,000 meters, it will. But the amount of light that hits an object at 1,000 meters is not enough to show much detail. For me, the EFFECTIVE throw of a light is much less than the stated throw distance. I usually just substitute feet for meters and I am pretty close. I tested this once with one light with a stated throw of 340 meters and another with a throw of 1100 meters. When I shined the first light at an object 340 meters away I could see that it lit up somewhat, but I could not really see the object well at all. When I used the U21vn the object was lit up to the point that I could see the object in very good detail.

Since I plan on using the GT for spotting deer in distant fields where I will need to be able to determine the size of the antlers on the bucks, the EFFECTIVE throw of the stock GT will likely be around a half mile. This is probably the limit of my naked eye to be able to determine relative antler size anyway, so the stock GT should be just about perfect for me.

I can’t wait!

This is true.
Instead of the ANSI .25 lux standard, the distance to 1 lux is more realistic for real world use.
Especially due to the atmosphere and humidity which reduces the intensity at a faster rate.
This means the GT is useful to about 1000-1500m.
Also, this depends on the type of object you’re shining it on.
A white building will be very visible but a bunch of dark green trees will be a lot less.

please add me to the list

Can you PLEASE stop reading my mind ? :innocent: