[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Your still there. One light, no batteries, DHL

Thank you JasonWW :smiley:

In , can’t wait til January to find out where and how to pay.

Coyotehawk will add you to the list. Your name will show up once he does the next update.

Guys, I am sorry to bring this up again. I know I’ve read it somewhere in the thread but even with the search function I can’t find it. And no wonder since we have 11536 posts and counting!

I am in slot 1261 and like some of you in the first two batches, I would also like to purchase batteries with the flashlight, since it’s a hassle to import them to Portugal. Can I still do it? And if so, what is the process?

Thanks in advance and again apologies for repeating batteries ordering theme again.

Cheers to all!

I would go to the battery link in my earlier post and sign up for the 8 cell $40 deal.

Then when you order in January there is an option to add those batteries. Then the cells are packed inside the battery tube when the light is packed up and shipped off.

You can also choose single box dhl or 2 box registered mail. You can also declare your own value for it if you want.

Is there way to check and see if I am signed up for the 8 cell list? I believe I did sign-up, or was going to, because I was under the impression that I could have it added when I make my purchase of the light in January. If I didn’t sign up for the 8 cell, I will immediately. I didn’t want to sign-up twice and create confusion.

I entered my email as requested and should be good to go, right?
All the options you mentioned are to be defined after I get the private message/email in january. Is that it?
Thanks, JasonWW

man, these gotta be shipping soon……….

I don’t know. My recommendation is to ask this in the battery thread. Maybe someone there knows or can check for you.

Yes, you can decide all this when you order.

as posted many times here and there ;)

the cells can be ordered together with the GT

no need to wait for a separate message ;)

I have also never received a paypal confirmation up to this day but in my paypal account the transaction list shows that I have paid.
As long as the payment shows in your paypal account I wouldn”t worry, I”m not anyway.
I got a confirmation email from Neal within seconds of paying though & replied with my BLF username & phone number.

Well… I’ve dreamed about the GT last night :laughing:

No seriously, I was shining it around and it had a very small, laser like, beam that reached really really far.

For some reason it had a very long head, more than twice the real length, but nog the reflector, that was the normal height. So if you looked down into the head you saw the reflector way down in there… :person_facepalming:

Oh it’s so close!!

Well I guess, if ISS flies over the Netherlands, we all shine upwards so they can take a pic for the BLF

I’ve always wondered if there’s a way to work out how bright a light appears to an observer at a distance.

Rubbish LED products always used to claim “visible from 5 miles!” Or whatever rubbish, I would assume on a dark night 0.25 lux would appear quite bright, but how about 0.1 or 0.01 lux?

The problem is that if the ISS is visible, it means it is in direct sunlight - they won’t see small light from surface. You should use it while ISS isn’t visible (at late night), and that means you have to calculate ISS position.
as for a brightness of single GT - assuming 1 megacandela and 500 km distance, it would be 1cd@500 meters. Visible for a VERY good eye, but barely… and only if away from cities.
If all GT owners would concentrate in one place, then maybe it would be different :slight_smile:

I’ve seen the ISS many times pass by in the night, when it reflects the sunlight. So if I can see them, they must see a dozen GT’s pointing at the ISS at the same time. It would be a record I guess.

No worries mate.
Everyone that has ever worked with Excel has been in a similar position. I know I have. :wink:
Nil shits given.

Cheers and keep up the good work! :+1: :+1: :+1:
Nico

Fascinating! Thanks! Should go without saying, this is purely hypothetical, I don’t recommend anyone shining the GT at vehicles.

Edit: what are those lights that they’re using?
Edit 2: whoops, finished reading the article.