[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

The problem is that if the ISS is visible, it means it is in direct sunlight - they won’t see small light from surface. You should use it while ISS isn’t visible (at late night), and that means you have to calculate ISS position.
as for a brightness of single GT - assuming 1 megacandela and 500 km distance, it would be 1cd@500 meters. Visible for a VERY good eye, but barely… and only if away from cities.
If all GT owners would concentrate in one place, then maybe it would be different :slight_smile:

I’ve seen the ISS many times pass by in the night, when it reflects the sunlight. So if I can see them, they must see a dozen GT’s pointing at the ISS at the same time. It would be a record I guess.

No worries mate.
Everyone that has ever worked with Excel has been in a similar position. I know I have. :wink:
Nil shits given.

Cheers and keep up the good work! :+1: :+1: :+1:
Nico

Fascinating! Thanks! Should go without saying, this is purely hypothetical, I don’t recommend anyone shining the GT at vehicles.

Edit: what are those lights that they’re using?
Edit 2: whoops, finished reading the article.

What do you know, I wake up and don’t have a dozen posts to address! Guess everyone is bust preparing for Christmas.

Caught up my PM’s and emails as well.

Nvanlaar’s links for page 386.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 17

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 15.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Video of Drop Test

This deserves a repost as its already a couple pages back when it was posted.

Jason, maybe you can add this video in your post when you post it on each new page?

Well i guess I’m gonna have to give in. Put me down for a second gt please. I believe I’m number 3 or 4 on the paid list.

If the lights are produced with the same solidity as this man tests the box with the GT, I have no more questions about shipping and handling. Everything will be alright:)

I did not sign up for batteries in the thread, I just added them to my cart when I got the link. Does this mess things up ? If so I’ll take what steps I need to remove them, but the way people are constantly being added to the “group buy” makes things a little fuzzy to me.

Yes, that is fine, the batteries are ready to be purchased by anyone.

Far as the GT group buy goes, lumintop has been too busy working on getting them shipped out to tell us to close the GB, so until they tell us, we will leave it open.

My guess is they will tell us to close it when they catch their breath or they might have us cap the limit at ~1500 lights since that is how many they have on order right now.

Either way, don’t wait around if you want one. The price will go up to ~$250 after the GB is over (coupons could drop the price around $200 once things settle). Basically you can get 8 cells for free if you buy it with the GB instead of waiting until after it is over.

It’s funny that with all the expense and planning that went into getting the large spotlights that it was the cheap 1W blue laser that the astronaut posts the picture of. But amateur astronomers would know that a laser would be visible at much greater distance. My guess is the laser was backup just in case. Since FAA really doesn’t like us shining actual lasers into the sky.

Thanks! I’ve been wondering about the ever-growing list for a while. I’m used to group buys having a stricter parameters, but the fact that lumintop will be selling them retail changes the game a little.

Maybe just 8-10 hours until we hopefully get some shipping notification :smiley:

I am just guessing, don’t get this as announcement!

But if you look page 43, post 1289 I’m very good in predicting future :smiley: :smiley:

That would be nice.

Hmmmm…. YES ‘NicolaS’, it would seem in the “predicting the future” department you are indeed talented!! :+1: … :beer:

Hopefully your accuracy will continue & your streak remain unbroken!! :wink:
….

Friday . 11/25/ 2016 . 12:03 ……… Post 1289

Please add me to the list for a GT

If you can see the future, could you reveal us the day we will see a dedomed XHP 100 emitter made of 16 old xp-g2 dies without empty spaces in between?

XHP-70.3 HI <———- That is what I want to see on Giggles in the future, 10,000+ dedomed lumens…

Ok that’s easy, in May 2018 Cree will present XHP 90 emitter made of 9 xp-g3 dies and 7000 lumens…. Sorry no XHP100 in the near future :smiley: :smiley: