[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Hello, will this bag be for GT?

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/JJC-Deluxe-Lens-Pouch-Bag-For-Sigma-150-600mm-F5-6-3-DG-OS-HSM-150/32342132589.html?spm=a219c.12010108.1000013.4.529943cdHV3fjq&traffic_analysisId=recommend_2088_2_90158_iswistore&scm=1007.13339.90158.0&pvid=ed7ad195-2752-4099-9173-2ab884a65ba3&tpp=1

These are the dimensions I found.

BLF GT Dimensions

134mm (5.5") head OD
85mm fin OD at button
56mm battery tube
62mm battery cap OD

315mm (12.5") total length with long battery tube

OH I thought that head was 120mm ……… not good.

How about this one?

Thanks, I like it, it’s similar!

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 22

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 15.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Video of Drop Test

Please add me to the list for two, please!

Coyotehawk will add you to the list on his next update. It will be early January when you will get a PM (personal message) and e-mail giving you all the details of where to go and how to pay.

Welcome to BLF.

Anyone on a computer able to do a quick edit of these two lights beside each other? Having seen a TN42 in real life, I wonder how the GT compares to it.

Found this render , here is the full image:

thanks Mr Renderman ;)

I remember only the comparison with the L6 in the video.

GT’s are ready to ship!

Well that is good news. When do you think they will start sending them out?

Here are the full size pictures from Bozlight29.

https://i.imgur.com/vWzPLzq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Tz3PS1C.jpg

I didn’t calculate the density of the GT.
But if you would know the density of the object and the density of the liquid and those are equal or the liquids density is higher you know it will float.
It’s one way to easily check if something floats.

Wat you say (that 1.8kg water equals a volume of 0.0018m3) is not 100% accurate. It depends on the amount of salt for example and the temperature of the water.
Sea water is iirc more dense that non salty water. And other liquids have a different density too.
That’s the reason the formula to calculate buoyant force uses the density of the liquid.

Sorry teacher but Keeppower and Blazers are very much ` TRIED AND TRUE `and in my opinion some of the ` Best` Li-ion batteries on the market.
Yes more expensive but without a doubt the top of the line when it comes to Li-ion batteries.
Have been buying and using them for a few years now and would not buy anything else.
I buy straight from the Australian source if anybody wants a link.

BrianK thanks.

I calced: Will it swim?

//Volume BLF GT
h[k]=1.0
h[d]=0.3
h[t]=3.15-h[d]-h[k]
d[ka]=1.34
d[kb]=0.85
d[t]=0.58 //5.8cm

//Volume Cone
V[k]=1/3((d[ka]/2)^2+d[ka]/2*d[kb]/2+(d[kb]/2)^2)*h[k]*π
//Volume Driver
V[d]=(d[kb]/2)^2*h[d]*π
//Volume Tube
V[t]=(d[t]/2)^2*h[t]*π
//VOLUME OVER ALL
V=V[k]+V[d]+V[t]

Estimated Volume of the GT is
1.616446286045434 Liter

If you know the weight of the lamp:
That same amount in kg is the displacement in Liter. Is the est. volume lower than this displacement, the lamp sinks.

The more precise method:
When you have the lamp, grease your o-rings and throw it in water.

I think Teacher was mainly trying to say you can buy just as good protected cells for almost half the price.

There are other factors involved, though. Certain countries might be hard to ship batteries to. Sometimes it’s best to spend more just to buy through eBay or to buy from the same country you live in. I think this is your situation?

It's 6.15 pm now in Kanton and they don't work on Sunday, so I guess shipping (preparations) starts Monday. (As far as I know there is no official Christmas celebration).