[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Assuming that the Miller just had enough and bailed out, I hope that in the future you guys find a way to step away for a day or two to keep your sanity instead of hanging on too long and end up going off a cliff. You work too hard on these projects not to be there at the end.

Give him time and he will be back.
BTW, the team should consider creating a single account for all future projects. Or a few anonymous team accounts with shared content, especially PMs. IMHO it would relieve the pressure on individual members like poor Miller and would make keeping track of communication and private messages much easier. Having a personal account constantly exposed to the people on the forum who keep asking the same question over and over again is a recipe for a burn out. I hope Miller will come back eventually.

I believe team KRONOS has an account like that, accessible by all team members.

EDIT: I just noticed an account: team-Giggles, there must be a reason for creating that.

You would be correct, in the future all team projects should be posted with a team account to keep issues like this from happening.

Let’s say you stepped away for a few days or had spotty Internet or just didn’t get an email notification for this thread and you come back and see there are 400+ new posts. How many here would read all those posts to catch up and how many would just skip to the last page? Maybe 98% just skip ahead?

The Miller would not only need to read all that to catch up, but also answer any questions that needed it plus count up the new people for the list. How many of that 2% would catch up on the 400 posts plus do all that extra stuff? Anybody?

When the Millers Internet went out for a while he got a taste of freedom and was then surprised to see the 400+ posts. I’m sure he just got overloaded and decided to take a break. I think we can all relate.

Maybe he will show up after the holidays when he gets bored and starts missing us. Lol

I personally doubt he will want to get back in charge of this project, though. It’s almost finished and the lights are starting to ship. Maybe he will come back at a reduced capacity. Come back to have some fun and not so much to “work”. That’s what I’m hoping.

TA mentioned a team account for future projects several days ago. That way the hardships created by not being able to acess post #1 for updates, as well as a few other things; could be avoided if someone bails.

I think the single account is how TheNiller wanted it if he was to be in charge. Thinking that because of the thread he started about Rules For His Group Buys. The BLF specials, my "rules" and FAQ :)

Either way… it is a good idea. Never count on one person… anything could happen to them & cause hardship for the rest…. as well as the project.

Thankfully, in this case when the miller bailed at a critical time in the GT GB a few stepped up & were able to overcome the diffuculty caused and carry on very smoothly…… or what I consider very smoothly.
Extremely smoothly in fact……… :+1:

I still think he should have said something, anything, not just drop from the forum… Just a simple “I can’t do this anymore, someone please step up…” would bring closure to this. IMHO

+1 I agree totally.

If it had not been reported of his facebook activity there might still be the question whether be was dead, alive, or even able to reply.

That seemingly has been answered. If he had wanted to ‘get in touch’ he could have it appears. So that leaves one conclusion…….

It would not have taken long at all to type…. “I Quit”. …… and send it.

My opinion……. YMMV

ill say it….its pretty crappy to leave out like this and not at least give a reason …
its like being at a party and your the host, then sneaking out the back door when nobodys looking,and then never coming back , without telling SOMEBODY at least, whats going on…

l believe you are reading the situation wrong, and it would be prudent you delete your post.

No need to keep jumping on the mat y’all.

The situation isn’t ideal, but we seem to be getting along reasonably well with lights shipping/getting very close to shipping because of all of those who have stepped up to pick up the slack.

Might as well just let it be.

Anyway, I’m glad we’re as close as we are. Looking forward to getting a DHL notification in the future. :slight_smile:

JasonWW…. I am not chastising him at all. I do not think I said one word out of line. I simply stuck with known facts & did not mention what my personal feelings on the matter are.
Simple as that………
Well said nodoubt…… :+1:

Okay, I deleted my post.

Throw me in to … says maybe some folks are frustrated and questioning. Maybe that’s what I was sensing.

I agree, we are getting along “reasonably well”!!!

ln fact… I think it is much better than reasonably well. I think the progress has been fantastic & smooth considering all that has been done. :wink:

Looking forward to the light too……

No problem JasonWW. I took no offense at all to what you said/asked.
I just want to answer your concerns. :slight_smile:

You are one of the people that has stepped up & made this go as smoothly as it has. My hat is off to you sir!!! … :+1: . :beer:

Thanks.

I’m learning to ask what people mean before just assuming. I’m just not good at reading moods over the internet. :zipper_mouth_face:

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 22

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 15.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Video of Drop Test

Your welcome & as far as I am concerned you are doing a great job!!

I think “internet moods” are very often hard to read by anyone. I think asking, like you mentioned; could save a lot of ‘pain & heartaches’…. :slight_smile:

I know it could / could have, for me…… :smiley:

ok, wheres my light?
i need it now ! :stuck_out_tongue:

I hope mine arrives soon. I paid for it even though i was broke. (now broker >.<