[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Hi senior BLF members,

I am new to this forum, and hv no experiences in flashlight.

I would like to know if it is possible to have flashlight with combination of flood and throw, regardless of the head sizes ?

For example,
(1) head diameter of 18-21 cm with 38,000 lm + 2,500 meters throw, remain in turbo mode for a useful 30 minutes, fan cooled, 12*18650 batts (say about 200-225W) ?
(2) head diameter of 14 –15 cm with 30,000 lm + 1,700 meters throw, remain in turbo mode for a useful 30 minutes, fan cooled, 12*18650 batts (say about 170-180W) ? ?

Except Acebeam X65, it seems that we have to choose either flood or throw, and can’t have both in a flashlight.

Many thanks for the advices.

This project is done.

Maybe that could be another project, It would be nice if it can be just an interchangeable head with the GT so we save on the body…

My apology for Steel_1024

I was thinking about that, a nicely driven 6x emitter head would be awesome on this light. One center emitter with a larger reflector, and 5 emitters around it with shallow reflectors.
Thing about the carriers and body, makes it very versatile, should have the voltage and amps to supply to nearly anything.
I still think a shorty tube would be an awesome addition to this light too, even though many claim the balance will be off

Don’t need to mention it.

We all hope GT is great.

:blush:

This reminds me of Astrolux MF03 prototype under construction. 7 x xhp70.2 in shallow reflectors for flood, plus a xhp35 in center with a bigger reflector. It’s a big light like the X65 as well. Astrolux MF03 - new pictures + video

Here is a thread people can discuss future projects on BLF. Talk about future projects and donation topic

Dear sir/madam,

I would be like to be added to the list to purchase a “giggles”. In advance thank you.

I need european shipping (norway).

Regards,
lolcat

Yes. I would love an interchangeable flooder head for GT.

If I am late, please check the chimney!!

This was discussed at the beginning of the project.

Currently the important thing is to ship out the lights and get started producing the other 1000 lights for everyone else who wasn’t on the first list.
A multi-LED head or reflector may come in the future, just not any time soon.

@Enderman

whaaaaaa… Well if that time ever comes, I’m in for one. :smiley: :wink: :+1:

Coyotehawk will add you to the list on his next update. It will be early January when you will get an e-mail giving you all the details of where to go and how to pay. There are currently 2 shipping options, DHL Express in one box or registered mail in 2 boxes. You can also choose your declared value as well.

Welcome to BLF.

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 22

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 15.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Video of Drop Test

Just saw the demo video on youtube and would like to be on the list also. I have and old school flashlight with a 7Ahr battery and 1,000,000 cd or so it says. I would like to have this also.
Thanks

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but if I ask to get put on the list (again) and then decide not to buy it at the end, is that ok?

I already paid for my first GT, and I was thinking of getting a second one for modification, but I won’t be sure about whether I will actually want a second one until I have the 1st on my hands.

However, the interest list might close any day now, and I would not want to be left out of the 150usd price.

If someone could answer that question, that would be great. Thanks.

Yes, asking to be put on the list isn’t a contract or commitment, just shows interest

Thanks Pulsar.

In that case, CoyoteHawk, please put me in the list for a light. Thanks.

The XHP70.2 with dome has an apparent die size of 5.25-times that of the XHP-35 HI. The hotspot will be that much larger.

Coyotehawk will add you to the list on his next update. It will be early January when you will get an e-mail giving you all the details of where to go and how to pay.

Welcome to BLF.

I want it pls