[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I just get the first 168 tracking
I will send a email to them with the tracking tonight

:+1: Thanks.

You know how people around here always ask for more info. No patience. Lol

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I will patiently await the email! Happy new year

Ah, what the hell. No more temptation. Add me to the list!

Coyotehawk will add you to the list on his next update. It will be early January when you will get an e-mail giving you all the details of where to go and how to pay.

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 22

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 15.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Video of Drop Test

Fine! :+1:

I do not know if I am among the first 168, but I need the tracking to present the import declaration at least 24 working hours before the container arrives to my country

Add me to this list please.

Lol. Good choice !
Are you a member in “flashlight powerfreaks” on FB by Any chance?
Wonder how many people here in Sweden that will get this light. It can’t be that many.

I just checked with my local DHL, and there is nothing sent from Shenzhen to my zip code, so I’m guessing that I am not in first 168 lucky members :cry: :cry:

The smart, easiest and fare way to do it is ship the orders the way it was paid. Meaning the first person that paid is the first light to ship out and so on.

Coyotehawk will add you to the list on his next update. It will be early January when you will get an e-mail giving you all the details of where to go and how to pay.

Welcome to BLF.

I don’t necessarily think a lot of people are impatient. I personally don’t usually spend over a hundred dollars on a flashlight and then wait a month before a shipping notification. I understand the process and am not worried. Many other people haven’t been part of a blf project and its understandable if they need reassurance imho. Cheers

I am in maybe first 50 people who paid, but I don’t think it’s practical to send them that way, since those packages will be sent to different regions and will be packed in bulk, so don’t be surprised if all 168 are just for Germany,or USA…

You’re probably right. I’m nr. 1 on the list but I haven’t received an email with tracking code yet.
Not to worry, not in a hurry.
Just lying awake at night looking at the dark ceiling wondering when I will get my light, apart from that no issue whatsowever…… :wink:

Happy X-mas to all!

Cheers
Nico

Yeah i used to work for a shipping dept in US and that is probably what is being done.

Ah crap, looking at the photos of the carriers, it looks like the “button-top” Samsung 30Q’s I got from banggood won’t fit.

Anyone got any suggestion for nipple-top cells? I’m loathed to email Neal to try and get some of the group buy cells now these things have started shipping.

I’ve a decent soldering iron but really don’t feel comfortable solder blobbing my cells.

I guess worst case I just take the protection off the carriers.

Just solder blob them. First you want to sand the terminal or scratch it. Then once roughened, apply some flux. Allow your iron to get up to temperature, then quickly heat the terminal and melt a blob of solder on. Remove the iron fairly quickly then allow the terminal to cool. I’ve done this successfully, many times, even with ICR cells (more volatile), without the cells showing any signs of overheating.
Good Luck
Christian

I have some of the same and the raised flat top measured 7.3mm. TA said up to 8.5mm will fit. So check the diameter. Hopefully yours will fit as well.

In my experience no need to do anything prior to soldering, I don’t even use extra flux just rosin core soldering wire (contains flux already), works every time for flat top samsung or sanyo/panasonic cells.