[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Here is the Google doc I think you mean.

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 8

It shows you with dhl. I’m not sure what happened on the most current list. Neal will have to explain it.

Thanks. Is Neal still back? Ich answered him on purchase / order Mail with changed subject in Mail to “shipping change to DHL”.

Yes, he is very busy right now. There was never a guarantee he would be able to change the shipping on an existing order. It all depended on if he was able to see your email before the light got shipped off. Maybe it will be changed, maybe not.

OK. You are right. I’ll wait and will see what happen.

same here… no msgs of any kind….

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 22

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 15.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Video of Drop Test

Now THIS is a BadddAsss Blinder…

BTW, JasonWW, I also payd for 8 x samsung cells :expressionless:
It seems that if you want to do the job properly, you have to do it by yourself :expressionless:
and …. another email and PM to Neal :person_facepalming: :person_facepalming:

Now you’re talking!

WOW!!! Does it come it Titanium? :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: Powered my eighteen hundred 26650 :stuck_out_tongue: That is the bat signal light :smiley:

Well, sort of….The 60” mirror is plated in Rhodium……the “ium’s are the same.

I don’t see any tritium inserts, pshhhh. amateurs :smiley:

Well, I have solder boobed 8 Sony VTC6 batteries that I’ve had waiting for this monster. Got them all charged up today. Numbered them all with a Sharp, 1/8….8/8. My email & text did not state a delivery date, but I didn’t want to get caught with my batteries down!

That Google doc from Dec 8th has this weird note next to your name
“first invoice: 1 x GT flashlight $33.99 - 8 x Samsung button top cells that you supply for GT $10”

I have no idea what that means other than you bought 1 light and 1 set of batteries. Yours seems like a pretty unusual situation for some reason.

Hopefully it will get sorted before you light ships.

It needs a pocket clip… :partying_face:

Now that one made me laugh!!

I’m just glad that BLF has these projects that take alot of coordination by folks and they end up making a low cost nice light that has limited appeal outside of people who have a flashlight problem…

Evidently, there’s a LOT of people with a flashlight problem…….

Would they be protected or unprotected. Better go with protection. :smiling_imp:

Way to be prepared Mike, I knew you would be.

I’m just one of the hundreds of people who are content to 1) patiently wait, 2) really appreciate the work that was put into this, 3) will be super thrilled when it arrives, 4) isn’t looking for tracking, won’t be tracking, will just be surprised one day when it’s on my porch.

I’m nothing special: Number 847 on the order list. Number 137 on the paid list.

Guy, thanks for doing such a super job!!! I would NEVER, EVER complain so anything written below are just my observations and experience.

Some “next time” suggestions:

Keep an outside the forum spreadsheet going on Google Docs or whatever and have Hyperlink for this appear maybe at the top of the Original Post at all times to be referenced by participants. Also have it appear in the signature of all the organizers?

Use columns in the list for various milestones for each BLF profile. For example:

• Assign each profile a discrete ID number for all communications.
  • Your order prioritization. I was number 847 somehow or other. Definitely not in the first 555 list.
  • Number of units ordered, date ordered for each unit. Maybe add the post number where each order was placed?
  • PM sent (or any other administrative milestones)
  • A column for any needed information: address, phone, etc. and whether received from participant or still required.
  • A paid or unpaid column
  • Shipping method chosen
  • Items on order such as batteries optioned for…

Participants could even report receipt of the item and people could see which people had received tracking or the actual units.

Whatever information you’re tracking can then easily be kept in one place and fully accessible by all participants at all times. Each column could even have an updated date at the top to let us know how current the data entry. We could see what you see. If I go to that spreadsheet and see that you are missing something, there could be a SINGLE email I send to with a single reference ID number assigned to me as a person/profile.

This thread is quite unwieldy, a mix of way too many subjects including product updates, complaints, the same questions asked over and over and over and over and confusing. I never knew where to look for things and so did quite a lot of searching (hard on a mobile device at times). I asked some stupid questions a couple times but it was clear I wasn’t the only person having difficulty finding my place in the order list or whether I was missing something or not.

I’m sure someone has thought about it. I’ve organized many group projects in this manner and though simple it’s hugely effective. Just post a single spreadsheet accessible to all and direct people there over and over and over until it sticks.

Thanks again from a really sideline nobody!