[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I vote for solder boob to be an official word!

OK, I know, off-topic. Sorry.

Good idea! Thank you :smiley:

I’ll second that,

As I understand it, DHL is international shipments only. While other countries may have lower prices, shipping out of the US via DHL is quite expensive. Like, $100. The first time I used them to ship a light to Neal in China they gave me a 30% discount, still cost $67 though. Probably explains why we in the US don’t use DHL more for shipping Internationally.

They won’t work. The flat top on the GA’s is to wide.
This was discussed several days ago and measurements were even given.

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 22

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 15.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Video of Drop Test

Can you find that post? I’m not sure what search word would find it.

I remember raised top 30Q being discussed and they were 7.3mm wide, which fits. I have those myself.

The only cells that I remember being too wide were some Evva brand protected cells which were about 9.5mm wide. Is that the ones you are thinking of?

If Majoroverkill has GA’s we need to know who added the button top or for him to actually measure the tops diameter.

The carrier opening was 8.5mm according to TA.

I am looking for it Jason… but no luck yet. :frowning:

Best I remember EVAA’s are Panasonic GA cells………

Yea… that is the same conversation. I just can’t find it.

But if you remember the polarity protection will accept 8.5mm…. all he has to do is measure his GA’s. :slight_smile:

Evva are not just Panasonic GA’s. They convert almost all brands to protected. Panny b, 30Q, etc… at least 13 different 18650 batteries.

I have Evva protected Panny B and GA and they all have a small diameter post. I think that fella with the big diameter post never said which cell he had. He just measured it.

Here is a link.

Besides, Majoroverkill never said it was an evva brand. Just that it was a button top GA. The button top might be from another company.

It’s looking like hundreds of us are going to be giggling in the new year.

is this what you were looking for Teacher?

it shows the GAs will only work with a magnet or solder boob :smiley:

Thank you DoNkEyConN…… that is it.:slight_smile: … :+1: … :beer:

I know all that Jason. I thought the EVVA’s we were discussing were the ones that used the GA cell……. :person_facepalming:

Either way……. the Panasonic GA …. WILL NOT work without modification of cell or carrier.

The end……. :slight_smile:

If he has that red one with the raised flat top, then it might not fit. According to this spec sheet that post is 9mm in diameter.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.orbtronic.com/content/Datasheet-specs-Sanyo-Panasonic-NCR18650GA-3500mah.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwi-5LCV5avYAhXLy4MKHckQC14QFggdMAA&usg=AOvVaw03vxLRRiQBZodvELywP62x

If he has a protected button top, it should work. We will let him measure his post diameter. Worst case situation it doesn’t fit so he adds solder blob or magnets. No big deal. :slight_smile:

I know, you are the one who first mentioned EVVA. :wink:

IF he has a true “button top” GA…… IT WILL WORK.

IF he has the “raised flat top” GA …. It WILL NOT work.

+1:slight_smile:

Its the raised flat top :smiley: 9.05mm OD

Ordering magnets now. Are the 6mm x 2mm OK?

That should be fine. Stock GA length is under 66mm so 2mm more is 67mm. The carriers can handle up to 70mm length.

Battery talk sure is a relief from shipping talk. :partying_face: