[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

People say they dont care but they keep typing and arguing
Ironic

I was looking at Google maps in my area, pre-planning areas to test the throw of the GT when it/they arrive

Very near where I was has a clear path just over a mile long to a mountain side and a water tower. I unfortunately don’t have decent camera for beam shots. I’m sure there will be plenty others anyways. These places are right in my neighborhood a brief walk away.

Plenty of open desert and mountain sides if I want to take a short drive.

Just in case anyone needs a refresher………… Refresher

The GT will be my furthest ever thrower. Considering the intensity, I can picture after toying with it a while, someone will call the law. I thought that as I was driving through town today, when I seen a cop. I thought about stopping to chat with him/her about what may come over the air waves, eventually. More to give them a heads up, that I'll be out there some evening soon. Then I just drove past where he/she was sitting

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 22

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 15.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Video of Drop Test

I can testify, this statement is absolutely 100% True! . :innocent:

It will be hard finding a good dark area with enough range to give it a good test, at least in this part of the country. Half the people getting a GT will be looking for the nearest water tower after seeing adventuresportflashlight's review. Its just too bad it is going to be incredibly cold here for the foreseeable future. At least humidity won't be an issue.

I've been wondering how long it will be before the law is called about a GT. The question isn't "if" it is "when". Then will the guilty party fess up to the forum. My close neighbors are used to some guy flashing lights around almost every night so they should be cool with it.

There are plenty of lights more powerful than the GT, I don’t think anyone will be getting in trouble any time soon.
As long as you don’t point it at vehicles or buildings it is 100% safe.

Oh, I'm sure someone will be foolish, shining their light at one specific area for too long of time. Someone will freak out, and phones will be ringing. If I was confronted, my answer, hey, it's a flashlight.

I would never admit it here in the forum if I were to get into unintentional trouble!!

gotta say… somebody really hates you. but you know, as much as any of us would hate to be in your position, you’re kinda drawing more unneeded attention to yourself . don’t wanna push it and get yourself banned or anything like that.

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 22

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 15.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Video of Drop Test

what most people seem to forget:

this carrier has the cells in series!

thats why it can be really dangerous to insert one battery the wrong way (if unprotected are used)

thats why the manufacturer does apply the need for a mechanical polarity protection!

(a electronics solution built into the carrier makes it less powerful and more expensive - none of that we want ;) )

and about the “discussion“ here:

this is the GT project thread - remember?

too many off-topic posts make it impossible to read the real information, that's why the same questions and answers are posted repeatedly - adding just more confusion.

we definately will need some changes in future projects...

One closed thread where the information is published without any discussion.

One Q&A thread (good points will be pasted to the infothread)

One chit chat thread

I totally agree! Very hard to keep up with the reading, and non relevant information/questions/questions posted a zillion times before keep coming up. A closed thread will be most valuable.

Don’t worry, sb will come soon to clean everything up.
For now just keep discussing the GT and ignore anything else.

Pretty sure that’s only for direct drive, any other type of driver will most likely not have any effect on output current.
It does make everything more complicated though and hardware protection is easier and more efficient/effective.
Anyone intelligent enough to desolder the protection PCB is hopefully intelligent enough to know the consequences of incorrect battery placement.

:+1: …… Wise words! . :slight_smile:

A few more good reads:

Explanation on Rude!: [2016-06-11] Crackdown on rudeness
How to deal with trolls: [05-FEB-2013] How to deal with trolls

Back on track…

Looks like my GT has just boarded the plane out of China.

I’ve been away from this thread for a half rotation of the earth. When I saw the number of new pages I got excited and thought someone must have received a light. Sadly, not.

I’m wondering if I’m going to use turbo mode much. From TA’s post (I think) 2 amps was 2,490 lumens and 2.5 amps was 2,630 lumens. Seems inconsequential and validates the decision to stop ramping mode at 2 amps. I’ll probably leave it there most of the time.

I’m also curious if people are planning to use 4 batteries in the tail versus all 8. It’s a question of weight management. I’m undecided.

Finally, I’m wondering if Cree is actually planning to release a 35.2? Someone was speculating upwards of 3,500 lumens, although I’m not sure if they were serious. How much extra distance could that net?

:laughing: :laughing: :person_facepalming: :+1: