[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 22

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 15.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Video of Drop Test

what most people seem to forget:

this carrier has the cells in series!

thats why it can be really dangerous to insert one battery the wrong way (if unprotected are used)

thats why the manufacturer does apply the need for a mechanical polarity protection!

(a electronics solution built into the carrier makes it less powerful and more expensive - none of that we want ;) )

and about the “discussion“ here:

this is the GT project thread - remember?

too many off-topic posts make it impossible to read the real information, that's why the same questions and answers are posted repeatedly - adding just more confusion.

we definately will need some changes in future projects...

One closed thread where the information is published without any discussion.

One Q&A thread (good points will be pasted to the infothread)

One chit chat thread

I totally agree! Very hard to keep up with the reading, and non relevant information/questions/questions posted a zillion times before keep coming up. A closed thread will be most valuable.

Don’t worry, sb will come soon to clean everything up.
For now just keep discussing the GT and ignore anything else.

Pretty sure that’s only for direct drive, any other type of driver will most likely not have any effect on output current.
It does make everything more complicated though and hardware protection is easier and more efficient/effective.
Anyone intelligent enough to desolder the protection PCB is hopefully intelligent enough to know the consequences of incorrect battery placement.

:+1: …… Wise words! . :slight_smile:

A few more good reads:

Explanation on Rude!: [2016-06-11] Crackdown on rudeness
How to deal with trolls: [05-FEB-2013] How to deal with trolls

Back on track…

Looks like my GT has just boarded the plane out of China.

I’ve been away from this thread for a half rotation of the earth. When I saw the number of new pages I got excited and thought someone must have received a light. Sadly, not.

I’m wondering if I’m going to use turbo mode much. From TA’s post (I think) 2 amps was 2,490 lumens and 2.5 amps was 2,630 lumens. Seems inconsequential and validates the decision to stop ramping mode at 2 amps. I’ll probably leave it there most of the time.

I’m also curious if people are planning to use 4 batteries in the tail versus all 8. It’s a question of weight management. I’m undecided.

Finally, I’m wondering if Cree is actually planning to release a 35.2? Someone was speculating upwards of 3,500 lumens, although I’m not sure if they were serious. How much extra distance could that net?

:laughing: :laughing: :person_facepalming: :+1:

Is it tense in here or did I go past my 10 beer limit…. I think… what was I typing? :smiley: :person_facepalming:

That was probably me. Cree seems to be pretty secretive so we don’t know what they are planning. We know they came out with .2 versions of the xhp50 and 70. So maybe they will come out with a new xhp35.2. Just theory. Nothing else.

I’m not sure about the distance. If it was an actual 700 lumen gain then the distance would definitely increase. Maybe another 300 to 400 meters?

Enderman might be able to do the math to see what 700 more lumens would do to the throw.

How 2 to the hundredth power would that be!!! :smiley: Another 3 to 4 hundred meters! Go CREE :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :smiley:

Cree has not done anything. The 50.2 and 70.2 are nice improvements.
Their xhp35 is still kinda limited. Kinda old.

It might be Oslon or CFT that comes out with a higher power led the die size of the xhp35-HI. Who knows?

I knew there were people here basically camping waiting for shipping news but I sure don't remember seeing any tents in here.

Has somebody from EU been informed about the shipping of his light,or all the lucky ones are Americans? :question:

So far only USA orders up to the 550th paid order without batteries got shipping notifications.

:smiley: :smiley:

NikolaS :

I guess I was sleeping at the switch and missed that one. It looks like one of those that is bigger on the inside like the Tardis. Now everybody is going to want one.

BTW - My tracking info now says "Departed Facility in HONG KONG" so it is getting closer. That was 18:10 their time.

I see the GT deliveries are starting to be shipped which is great news. Again hats of to all of the team involved making this happen.
Can i ask if anyone here have any knowledge, if all details including telephone number in Paypal, when making payment and recived confirmation from Paypal is forwarded to Neal by Paypal?
I ask because i never received any confirmation mail from Neal where i should have cofirmed with BLF username and telephone number.
I sent a pm to Jason about this and he said i probably should not worry because he probably get all my details from Paypal.
Im quite sure im on the shipping list updated to 15 dec, actually im the fifth from the end with 2 x GT and 2 x cells but my username is blank on the list. (i know this because i recognised the donation i made which was odd compared to others before the donations were edited from the list)

I have no rush and im sure everything will be sorted out, but of course if i need to send any additional info to Neal or anyone else i would be greatful if maybe Jason or someone else could instruct me.

I understand all involved are very busy now so take your time to answer, like i said im in no rush and sure everything will be sorted in time.

Finally, i wish all a happy new year!

Cheers //Jorgen

Yes, Neal gets the shipping address, email and telephone number from Paypal. His follow up email is just to confirm the phone number. You already sent Neal a PM about it plus you got your payment confirmation, so I think you are all right.

I’m glad you recognized your payment because I don’t know what is the cause for all the blank names on the shipping list. It’s odd.

JasonWW do you ever sleep :smiley: :smiley: