[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I have not batteries included and I am #118 in the list,but no info.

Your in Greece, not usa.

DHL is so streamlined nowadays…
Ordered PCBs in China and had them delivered within 24h of shipping.
And that was not at their special Express rate.

it seems like the USA DHL GT’s with no batteries went first. And that’s a good thing if you are in Europe. The waiting is far more fun than when you have it, at least, that’s what my father used to say when I had my nose against the window of the toystore :)

Ok so orders with batteries haven’t shipped yet, got it. Thanks!! :+1:

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 22

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 15.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Video of Drop Test

Is anyone familiar with DHL? There’s a high probability that no one will be there to sign… is it like ups, where you can leave a tag for the 2nd time they deliver saying to just leave it… or do I have to call? Thanks!

If you get a text message or call about the shipment from DHL you can usually change the delivery settings some, such as asking for no signature confirmation IIRC.

Any updates from Neal about DHL for Europe ? :beer:

List Updated - Click to view latest list of names

And for the ones that ordered GT with batteries in the USA with DHL / Registered, thanks! :slight_smile:

I would love to know too.

Wow Coyotehawk, haven´t seen you here for some days. It must have been a lot of work to scan the last pages for people to be added on the list. Thanks for that effort .

Huston… Shipping conformation confirmed. We have lift off :smiley: :smiley:

No, they are apparently working in pallets like we suspected so things are being driven by that right now. They are not really keeping us informed with the details but we can assume that they will be shipping things out in whatever order works best with the DHL shipping pattern and the number of lights ordered for a specific area.

Someone a few seconds and 300 posts ago asked for a joke… from my boy…

Do you know why Flamingo’s kids are so spoiled?

Because their parents never put their foot down. baddaboom

I’ve heard DHL shipments have left Hong Kong, en-route to the USA.

For anyone with a raised top cell that won’t fit the protection in the carrier, it should be pretty easy to Dremel out the opening about a mm on each side, on that top pcb, making the slot wide enough for the raised top. :wink: Easier to do with the pcb removed but doable while assembled if one is careful enough. A file with no cutting teeth on the side (smooth side, so as not to scratch up the contact pad) would even do it, in the manual fashion of O-L.

I wonder what O-L would turn the gt into? It would be interesting I bet. Does his family still post here?

FWIW, the GTs with cells are now shipping. I just saw a notification from Neal in my inbox.

O-L wouldn’t be prone to mod this light, he really wasn’t keen on Li-ion cells and was in his comfort zone working on Maglite’s. He did a few one-off’s as custom built lights for the challenge. He told me that when he was trying to get the lathe set up for solid work he was finding that he’d prefer to stick with the hand tools and keep it on the personal challenge level, anybody can churn out stuff on a lathe, not just anyone has the drive to use hand tools to accomplish similar feats and there was pride to be found in doing it the hard way. :wink:

His wife has been heard from, she’s very appreciative of the forum and the help that’s been generated through group buys here in her honor. She used to call BLF his other wife, now she’s seeing the draw. :wink: (it’s been a rough year on her, keeping her in my prayers)

This is a good question. I did a quick look around when I checked my DHL tracking yesterday and didn't see a way to request and alternative delivery option. I hope there is.

Separately, you don't have to wait for USPS to make a first delivery attempt. You can request drop off without signature on their tracking page.

EDIT: Opps, you said UPS.