[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

+1 . :+1:

I know that Lumintop can not crank out these big lights as fast as Thorfire did with the Q8 (500 per week). I don’t know actual numbers, though.

I think production started in late November, then they had to stop to make the changes to the driver and switch cover. There’s no way they have completed the 1400 lights that people are asking for. So they will be churning them out as fast as they can.

Yeah, but I’m not sure exactly what to add. What info should I put there?

I tried it out on the next page. I tried to add good info without being too long.

Tell me if I need to adjust it.

Ps, I can’t pin it to the top.

mine arrived yesterday

good lord its big

charging cells now.

I agree with you most of the way teacher… However!

The biggest problem would be discussing who is going to pay for shipping from the Original Purchaser to you. I don’t think any of us can say with any level of certainty that shipping addresses can be changed quickly enough considering how slow neal is to respond. And even if you offer to pay for reshipping to you, I doubt they would want to let it go once they have it in their hands, especially at $111 or $150 (+S&H).

BTW, This is NOT a complaint to neal!! He is obviously busy and I have full respect for everyone working on this project.

Besides, as put-down as many people are at not being part of the First shipment, I’m sure EVERYONE is hoping to be part of the Next shipment, and if not, then the Next One After since they are already on the list and it is confirmed that getting their GT is not an impossibility like it could have been a month ago.

So the only reason I see anyone relinquishing their claim on a GT are people who have unexpected, immediate, and/or serious financial issues or those whom developed a severe distaste for this project altogether along the way.

So, to those people, I say this:

I offer $10 more than teacher and $5 more than xCentrino!! hehehehehe :smiling_imp:

UPDATES: It appears that the first couple of shipments are going out by region instead of the exact order in which we paid for cost reasons. Initial quality has been fantastic.

The first shipment of lights (168 total) shipped on Dec 23. This was a pallet going to the USA from the first 550th person on the paid list that did not include batteries. Tracking numbers went out on Dec 27 and lights started arriving to customers on Dec 29th.

A second shipment of lights (size unknown) shipped Dec 27. Location unknown. No tracking numbers recieved yet.

There should be a European order going out in January.

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 27

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 10 or 12.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey.

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here.

Video of Drop Test

^

Yep that should do it. Maybe a disclaimer that due to regional shipping costs, orders aren’t strictly being fulfilled on a first come, first serve basis, and for now at least, looks like they are being shipped per region.

And on the bright side, the whole group buy is well ahead of schedule with initial reports on QC being excellent.

On the question of how long shipping takes, who’s statement does one go by, Neal’s or DHL’s? DHL states in the tracking that the package was picked up on the 28th in Hong Kong and it arrived here on the 29th. That is fast!

On the comment asking “Who are you?” referring to the statement asking people to not shine these at populated buildings… we know not to shine a bright light at an individual, if someone starts shining long throw lights at the windows of apartment buildings then it’ll be unavoidable the law gets involved. In much the same way that lasers get confiscated anyone shining a very intense light at populated buildings will be taking their own chances at losing said light and possibly facing criminal charges.

Let’s please act responsible and not be the cause for new law being written and in so doing protect our right to possess and use these powerful flashlights.

Enjoy, but please be conscientous and safe…

Here is some battery and carrier information.

It looks like the max cell size is 70.5mm. It seems one brass button on each of my carriers is not fully flat. It sticks up about 0.5mm. I will fix these the next time I have my soldering iron out.

Here is a 70mm cell and the spring is almost fully compressed. Only 0.5mm left!

Here is the space from the polarity protection. It’s hard to measure, but I’d say it’s between 0.5mm and 0.7mm.

Contrary to Texas_Ace’s report earlier about the button top gap being 8.5mm, I found mine to be 7.5mm.

My raised flat top 30Q cells from Banggood have 7.3mm wide buttons. They seem to fit fine.

I ordered 2 and I think I’m in the 555 no email yet

Remember that DB had neck surgery and can’t put much force on it. The bezel can be hard just due to the size but it is not glued.

Although I would leave the bezel alone to help protect the reflector and just remove the whole head from the “engine” instead. There are hidden threads in the 3rd fin from the top.

This torch is amazing. My only complaint is that it did not come with a pocket clip. I have used my camera sling to carry it around. With four cells the light weights about 4 1/2 pounds.

Far as the rest of the world getting theirs, like I said, I wish they were being shipped in the order paid but I can also understand lumintop trying to save some money by using this pallet service to countries that have enough DHL shipments to make it worth it.

They are working on getting them out as fast as they can.

Has anyone notice the temperature readout to be off by a fair amount? After setting all night it displayed 25 degrees. The room temperature was 17 degrees. At the same time the Q8 setting right next to it displayed 14 degrees. Is that amount of variation normal? Will that make the thermal protection kick in quicker? I do remember reading that some of the Q8's were inaccurate but can't recall what was said about them. I don't think it is anything to worry about and just wanted others to be aware of it.

Yeah, this is normal. The built in temperature sensor has a wide tolerance range. Lucky for us, that is not a big deal, it does not have to be precise, just keep things from melting.

Neck surgery or no, I managed to break the fiber reinforced rubber strap on a large Boa Constrictor strap wrench trying to remove the bezel. After making reparation to the broken strap wrench I finally succeeded in loosening the head from the pill section. No pain no gain! :wink:

Jason? Doesn’t that picture of the opening at the positive contact show over 8mm on yor slide caliper? Like, almost 10mm? The slide rule shows a line for use with inside measure that is just shy of the 10mm indication unless I’m missing something…

You are listed for 2 lights and one set of batteries using dhl. I’m guessing they are shipping both lights to you together instead of breaking up the set. ??
Let’s see if you get a notification once the USA lights with batteries tracking info comes out.

Sorry Jason, my bad… was looking at the 32’nds markings instead of metric. :person_facepalming:

Coffee, need coffee!

Big +1 on this. People are getting huge prison terms and fines for pointing even low power lasers at aircraft. Pointing at people in nearby buildings does seem something to be careful about. Maybe I'm wrong, but the one building beam shot I saw up in the thread did not seem an issue to me. The light hitting the building seemed pretty faint due to distance. Of course, when out there with this light, it's probably best to error on the side of caution when in doubt.

Separately, Lumintop and GT Team knocked this one out of the park. What a fine light and great bargain they created. Congrats folks!

How do you guys know what number you paid?