[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Thats right.
“I want one” is all you need to say :smiley:

awesome, thanks!! wanting to push the led a bit harder :slight_smile:

You can’t really.
The batteries don’t have a high enough forward voltage and heat is already decreasing the output.
If you want more throw or more lumens you will need to swap out the LED.

Yes, Coyotehawk will add you to his sign up list. You’ll see your name when he does the next update. It will be sometime early next month when you are contacted with the details of where to go and how to order.

If you plan to buy batteries, please sign up for them in that link I have. This let’s the guys know how many sets they need to keep on hand.

Welcome to BLF.

You are listed for 1 light and one set of batteries with dhl shipping.

I try to post all the links on every page. Just look at Neal’s paid/shipping list. You are on the 1 to 555 list. Use the search function to see your name.

UPDATES: It appears that the first couple of shipments are going out by region instead of the exact order in which we paid for cost reasons. Initial quality has been fantastic.

The first shipment of lights (168 total) shipped on Dec 23. This was a pallet going to the USA from the first 550th person on the paid list that did not include batteries. Tracking numbers went out on Dec 27 and lights started arriving to customers on Dec 29th.

A second shipment of lights (size unknown) shipped Dec 27. Location unknown. No tracking numbers recieved yet.

There should be a European order going out in January.

BLF GT official support thread

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 27

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 10 or 12.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey.

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here.

Video of Drop Test

Did you not see your name on the paid list? I see you paying in the first group. One light, no batteries, DHL.

Right. The driver is already capable of delivering 6 amps, maybe even 8A with just a resistor swap. The problem is that the xhp35-HI is already running at 2.5A on turbo so there is nothing left in it. You might get a little more output by going to a higher bin or a cooler temp. If you want more lumens, but less throw, you can go to an xhp50.2 or xhp70.2 and adjust the driver output to suit it. You need a fairly large mcpcb to put it on and it needs to be 12v, copper and DTP.

how does my modded tn42, push out close to 2600 lumens, with xhp35 hi i wonder ?

In the final preproduction sample Texas Ace measured 2,490 lumens at 2 amps and 2,630 lumens at 2.5 amps.

Why do you hate America?

my ceiling in my office is tuned close to what the lights put out
every light i own is pretty consistent with the lux readings bounced off the ceiling
both my gts bounce out at around 2000 lumens or so

ok … I’m in the second batch … so how do I pay ???

I hate the movie A Christmas Story.

(By the way, my mom and my sister hate it, too.)

That has nothing to do with whether or not I like America.

“”YEAH”“!!! :laughing: That’s what it looks like! :sunglasses: :+1:

The first (1-555) and second (556-1000) group have already paid.

You are #1150 and #1151 on the sign up list so you would be in the 3rd (1001 and up) group which is going to start getting emails in early January.

Yeah, its on isle 2458, on your left about 300 meters down. You’ll find what your looking for there. :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: Bring a flashlight :stuck_out_tongue:

Buzzing,

Sorry for the delayed response, this thread is hard to keep up with at times.

The list you are referring to is the output from my program which automates the sending of PMs. Unfortunately the formatting was lost when it was posted in this thread. It should look like:

That is the list of people who were in the first group of 555 who were PMed about the initial down payment. It is NOT “the list of people who got Pm’s that their GT is on the way”.

(before anyone panics, there is no longer a down payment, it was only for the first 555 to show Lumintop our commitment.)

EDIT: I now see JasonWW answered you about this list being for the down payment, but will leave this post so people can see what the formatting should have been.

“” :laughing: :laughing: :person_facepalming: “”