[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Ordered cells -just got DHL text

Just got a notification as well with expected delivery this Friday. Hoping for a fun weekend filled with giggles :smiley: Can’t say enough thanks to the whole team, you are all amazing!

Looks like a couple of others beat me to it, but I’m also in the first group, US address WITH cells and I just got my shipment text from DHL. My GT is on the way!

That’s such a tiny voltage difference that it might be due to one carrier having a tiny bit more electrical resistance in it than the other carrier.

Wat? Customes duty on a paypal donation ???

Das gibts doch gar nicht mein Freund!

LG
Nico

You can set the customs value of the light to whatever you want.

You can also add a donation here if you want.

The communication has actually been pretty good for china overall. Lumintop has kept us in the loop better then most. China simply doesn’t put a lot of emphasis on communication with the US during things like this as a rule. I have dealt with FAR FAR worse. I mean Thorfire with the Q8 was way worse then this.

You have to remember there is the language barrier for one thing, so almost everything has to be filtered through Neal for translation, this adds a delay. Also it has been the holidays, so things are crawling along anyways, add to that Neals Wedding less then 2 weeks ago and you have what we have been working with.

No one is to blame, just a lot to do and not enough man hours to do it all.

Far as the difference in voltage between the carriers, that is simply the resistance between the carriers, most likely the higher voltage carrier was the one near the tailcap. If you let them rest for a little while before testing they would balance back out so that the total voltage in each carrier was the same.

Plus even a .1V difference in voltage is not something to worry about with how we are using the cells, they will get rebalanced when you recharge them anyways. All that matters is that a cell doesn’t drop below ~2.5V and damage the cell, you would need around a .5V unbalance for that to happen seeing as the LVP kicks in around 3V. That would also only happen if the cells were seriously mismatched.

With 30Q in 1 carrier and laptop pulls in the other they generally don’t get more then .1V out of balance, perfectly fine since we are not charging them in series. If I let them rest they will be matched again. For example they sat all night after using it last night and I just tested the carriers at 16.09 and 16.10V respectively, that is as perfectly matched as you will get.

LATEST NEWS:

USA orders with batteries seem to be shipping right now. Notifications are showing up.

It appears that the first shipment went out by region instead of the exact order in which we paid for cost reasons. Initial quality has been fantastic.

The first shipment of lights (168 total) shipped on Dec 23. This was a pallet going to the USA from the first 576th person on the paid list that did not include batteries. Tracking numbers went out on Dec 27 and lights started arriving to customers on Dec 29th. DHL shipping was very fast.

There should be a European order going out soon.

The next group to purchase lights (#1040 and up on the list) will get their emails mid January instead of early January in order to let Neal get caught up with current orders.

BLF GT official support thread

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 27

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 10 or 12.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey.

M4D M4X: You can buy 8 of the button top Samsung 35E batteries (seem ideal, high mAh and good amps) for $40 when you buy your GT. No sign up required for these.
Battery details are here.

Video of Drop Test

Starting to feel optimistic that I might get my notification soon, was 36 on the list and paid immediately after receiving the PM… Fingers crossed! :innocent:

17 here, I got in very early. If they’re going in order down the list you should be any time. I think that’s probably unlikely though, especially given that my text came from DHL, not Neal. So even if Neal is actually packing them in order there’s no guarantee DHL goes through them in the same way. It’s coming though, I’m sure. :slight_smile:

Neal is still going down the paid list as far as shipping is concerned. Usa orders with no batteries after the 576 person to pay did not get shipped. So it was everyone before that.

If Neal is doing another pallet order to Usa with batteries, then I’m sure he is starting at the first person who paid and then filling it up as he goes along the paid list.

As more people get notifications we will figure out the logic. :wink:

When am I supposed to receive payment PM. #1153
Sorry for my question, but I just don’t want to miss it. :wink:

i hope you’re not just teasing us lololol i was 511 with cells

Not teasing 28 on paid list

Sorry to repeat, but it’s een about 4 days since I paid and I haven’t received a confirmation.

I should not panic, right?

Thanks for the explanation gents. Yes, I pulled them out immediately and checked the voltage giving almost no time for them to balance.

I paid 1 after you and signed up 15 ahead of you and just got mine, I think you will be fine :slight_smile:

Hello,
To whom it may concern,

I have requested many, many times to be placed on the list for the BLM Flashlight - Giggles.

I have requested to be placed on the list and gotten no reply. I should have been placed on one of the first lists that were offered. I even sent a private message to several people and only one person replied to me to let me know that he was the wrong person to contact.

I don’t know what to do, to be placed on a list to receive one of these flashlights. It’s getting to the point where it’s a ridiculous situation.

It shouldn’t be this hard of a procedure to be able to buy one stupid flashlight. If somebody could please put me on the list for one of these flashlights I would greatly appreciate it.

I think anyone would agree that NO flashlIGHT is worth this much trouble.

Kosta88
My email is Kosta88_2@yahoo.com

Please put budget light or giggles in the subject line of a reply email so I know someone cared enough to reply. I believe the cost was 110 or 150 for the second list people.

Someone please reply & thank you greatly!

Kosta88

Received DHL notification this a.m… Shipment started in Hong Kong. Signature required. GT + batteries.

My mistake when taking registered mail is i assumed that they will ship same time as DHL :person_facepalming: