[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

ATTENTION DAVID LOCKE

’Scuze me for yelling, but wanted to let you know your light is apparently on the way. I say that because when I clicked on the DHL link in the text I received, your name and address came up instead of mine.
—Baffled in Georgia

Interesting. This could actually be considered as a scam. You run a kickstarter project, collect cash from people all around the world certainly faster than you would without US market and then when all is done you just decide that shipping to US is too expencive and you just dump those folks that trusted in your project.
They just used your money for financing, for free, instead of getting a loan from the bank, with interest…

OR you can go balls to the walls with a CFT 90 max driven with 5000 lumens and 1.6m cd. No compromise. But of course that comes at a price

[Quote]OR you can go balls to the walls with a CFT 90 max driven with 5000 lumens and 1.6m cd. No compromise. But of course that comes at a price
[/quote]

Now that’s what one of my lights will get. Just need to find someone in the USA that will do it.

Received my yesterday. I really expected to be one of the people thinking it would be smaller than expected. But nope this thing is bigger than it looks in pictures. What I notice being so big is the diameter of the handle. Pinky to thumb around the grip, it’s as big as some of the fatty beer can lights. The tint seems pretty similar to the NW of my TN42 which I like. It’s clearly more intense indoors than the TN42 by quite a bit. It was a little snowy to do much testing outside. I used to own a Olight SR90 back when they were the new and baddest thing. I think stock they were around 150k lux. But they are almost cartoonish proportions like this light. The TN42 feels lighter than you would expect, this is just as heavy as you would think it is. Looking forward to ordering another one.

LATEST NEWS:

USA orders with batteries seem to be shipping right now. Notifications are showing up.

It seems the first shipment went out by region instead of the exact order in which we paid for cost reasons.

Initial quality has been fantastic. A handful of people have gotten opaque black switch covers instead of translucent black. Replacement switch covers are being sent on a case by case basis.

The first shipment of lights (168 total) shipped on Dec 23. This was a pallet going to the USA from the first 576th person on the paid list that did not include batteries. Tracking numbers went out on Dec 27 and lights started arriving to customers on Dec 29th. DHL shipping was very fast.

There should be a European order going out soon.

The next group to purchase lights (#1040 and up on the list or who signed up after 10/23/17) will get their emails mid January instead of early January in order to let Neal get caught up with current orders.

BLF GT official support thread

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 27

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 10 or 12.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey.

M4D M4X: You can buy 8 of the button top Samsung 35E batteries (seem ideal, high mAh and good amps) for $40 when you buy your GT. No sign up required for these.
Battery details are here.

Video of Drop Test

I’d love to get on the list, please. Wishing i had heard about this earlier. What do i need to do to get added to the queue?

Thanks!

I mean, with the battery configuration it pretty much is 2 beercan lights stacked with a lampshade size reflector stuck on the end.

It’s glorious.

I noticed that mine has green highlights as well. All of those green highlights are registered mail which makes me wonder if it doesn’t have something to do with location in some regard.

Is it too late to jump on the bandwagon? If not, can I get in on the fun please?

I would like to join the GB if possible.

Yea got the call and she said it would be delivered on the 2nd. In fact I tracked it but it never updated. Everyone was getting theirs on the 29th or the 2nd so I figured I would too. The lady today said to contact LUMINTOP and ask them why they haven’t sent it.

Coyotehawk will add your names to his sign up list. You’ll see your name when he does the next update. It will be sometime mid January when you are emailed with the details of where to go and how to order.

You can also buy 8 of the Samsung 35E batteries for $40 at the same time as you buy the light. No sign up necessary for those. There are plenty of batteries in stock.

Welcome to BLF.

Ps, The group buy is still open, but could close at any time.

ok so I received my shipping email from DHL , today… Package to be delivered on Jan 5 by end of day….

Got my shipping notification
Registered as # 954 sybersonix
DHL
Batteries
USA

I know it might be a while for Neal to respond, assuming he does at all, but I would go ahead and email him with your info and explain what you know. You’ll definitely get your light, it just might take a bit longer.

Received a text from DHL today just saying that they have a package from HKG that is on its way, signature required. No other info except a link to their website. USA, with batteries, I was 114 on the sign up list and two hundred something on the paid list. :beer:

Received text from DHL today, same as above with batteries /\

lawallac, I still have the Intimidator only it’s now fitted with an Illuminations Machines LUM5-90 diamond faceted reflector and an XHP-70.2.

I see the interest in the CFT-90 but like in the case of the round die CBT-140, they’re expensive. They’re also still 3V emitters. AND they require well over 20A to yield the numbers. Sure, I’m interested like anyone else that likes cutting edge, I mean, I’ve liked the round die SBT-70 forever and have more than I should in lights even now. The CBT-140 is hard to find in the optimum color temp and power bin, I had contacted Luminus and was told the President of the company ok’d a sale of the particular combination I was looking for, then they dropped the ball and I never heard from em again.

Maybe I’ll try again…

just got a text from DHL that mine is shipped. I ordered light and batteries

Thanks Jason but it was in the po box just now. Wonder why they couldn’t find where it was?
Oh well, everything is ok.