[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

A quick question which i think i have not seen been adressed before.
I have orderded/paid for 2 x GT and 2 x cells in the second group with batteries and im located in Sweden so of course i have not received any shipping details yet which is all ok for me. (its coming in due time im sure)
Im considering to order maybe 2 more GT and im wondering, can i go back to the pm i received for the first order and use the same link and make an additional order there, using the easy click buttons in the shop which i did the first time?
Or should i again show my interest in this thread again?

I wish all a contiued happy New Year.

Cheers //Jorgen

I’m 159 on the paid list, 760 on the other list. Ordered with batteries. Got the shipping text today. No email or PM though. I’m in the US.

maybe it’s not as worse as you think. The EU is shipped soon and most of them are registered mail. With a bit of luck it could be here before the end of January. Registered mail is faster than the ordinary China post airmail.

You wilI receive a PM (Personal Message) here on BLF that will contain all you need to know about paying, when it is time for you to pay.

Vinh
[/quote]

Does Vinh accept outside build requests? I thought he just focused on the lights he sells.

I know he built a TN42 using the CFT 90, but said he would not offer them for sale. Maybe just a limited run at $600 each. He’s still working on a driver for it, though.

LATEST NEWS:

USA orders with batteries seem to be shipping right now. Notifications are showing up.

It seems the first shipment went out by region instead of the exact order in which we paid for cost reasons.

Initial quality has been fantastic. A handful of people have gotten opaque black switch covers instead of translucent black. Replacement switch covers are being sent on a case by case basis.

The first shipment of lights (168 total) shipped on Dec 23. This was a pallet going to the USA from the first 576th person on the paid list that did not include batteries. Tracking numbers went out on Dec 27 and lights started arriving to customers on Dec 29th. DHL shipping was very fast.

There should be a European order going out soon.

The next group to purchase lights (#1040 and up on the list or who signed up after 10/23/17) will get their emails mid January instead of early January in order to let Neal get caught up with current orders.

BLF GT official support thread

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 27

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 10 or 12.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey.

M4D M4X: You can buy 8 of the button top Samsung 35E batteries (seem ideal, high mAh and good amps) for $40 when you buy your GT. No sign up required for these.
Battery details are here.

Video of Drop Test

Received shipping text message from dhl. With a batteries. Paid #62, from first 555.

Usa with batteries, got DHL tracking

DHL TRACKING TEXT NOTICE / 1-03-2018 / 10:06 am

• #154 Paid List / First 555
  • GT w/ batteries
  • Destination - Merica’
    ……………
    ………………….

Jet has a good tail-wind…
……I’ll have it by close of business tomorrow, Thursday 1-04-2018. . :smiley:

Is there a way to track a DHL package after it’s “Forwarded for delivery”? My GT was supposed to be delivered on Tuesday and still no sign of it

Oh, so now Vinh has at least one now. I wonder what his plans are?

Yikes, I just now see $1000! Must be a CFT90 I’m thinking.

His plans are a New Corvette :slight_smile:

I have a question for your British queuing instincts and a bad idea that might be of value in putting our situation into a better-looking perspective.

Question about queuing. It is a hypothetical question. Here is the fictitious situation the question is based on:

• You are at the loading dock in China, and it is your job to ship all the lights and batteries.
  • You have 300 GT’s ready to ship, arriving at your shipping facility once a week.
  • Going forward you expect 300 flashlights arriving you to ship every Sunday evening at 5pm.
  • You are running behind on adding new order to the list so you do not have all shipping labels.
  • You have 1,000 shipping labels stacked in order for the first 1,000 people on the list.
  • The batteries are coming to you from a different supplier. You expect the first 2000 cells to arrive not later than the end of January.
  • If you send lights without the batteries, the extra cost of sending batteries later exceeds the amount people paid for the light/battery combination by $4.00.

Here is the hypothetical question: are you going to hold up shipments to people who did not order batteries to avoid shipping out of queue order? I don’t know what I would do, because I don’t have normal queuing instincts.

And Here Is The Bad Idea I Warned/Promised
If 200 people put in $20, that could put $4,000 into one of our hands, someone who has the time and is trusted by the group here, to get over to China, at the facility where the shipments are being put together. Or to Neal’s house/office if he is controlling this. This person’s job is to be a reporter, so people no longer are guessing at what is happening. Some people might assume this communication could affect decisions being made, but that is secondary to core intention. The core intention is to reveal the facts so nobody has to guess what is going on anymore.

Bonus Question, this one is real: Who besides me is in for the $20 to send someone to help with communicating what is going on and to facilitate decision-making people feel better about?

He made a thread about this light, said it’s great in stock form.
He may in the future sell for $450-$500 with the CFT90 led, the $1000 would be a place holding price I guess

Best thrower? You mean dollar for dollar?

Bonus question answer: I’m looking forward to getting this light like everyone, but not enough to pay an extra $20. Like all Chinese purchases, I’m happy to order and forget, then it’s a nice little surprise when it arrives.
And who is to say that the $20 we all pay will make anything happen any faster? I personally would rather that $20 go towards an Emisar D4 or whatever light I want next.

I guess it’s okay to post a link to CPF? I think this is the thread you mentioned.

Yep, but whatever you do don’t go on CPF and post a link to BLF, gets you a moderator warning and possibly banned eyeroll
I love how so many CPF members are “seeing the light” and coming over to us. I hope that other forum dies a slow and painful death.

Edit: yep that’s the thread I was referring to mate

Exactly. Like the truck litebar co-developed with Richard from Mountain Electronics. It’s on the Skylumen website as a placeholder and link to the mtn website, but amount listed is $999,999.00.