[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Exactly. Like the truck litebar co-developed with Richard from Mountain Electronics. It’s on the Skylumen website as a placeholder and link to the mtn website, but amount listed is $999,999.00.

I don’t see my name on the paid list? I sent the full payment to Neal. I received my PM and followed the instructions regarding payment. I then received the email from Neal, and the I replied with my phone number and BLF username. That was several weeks ago, I still have not received any emails regarding the shipping of my BLF GT.

Don’t think the paid list has been updated for a while. I paid on the 28th of dec and my name isnt on it either.

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Anyone else’s wife taking pictures of it to send to their friends to tease you? Just me? Ok… Lol

I see you as down for 1 light and 1 set of batteries with registered shipping. #45 on the second list, or about the 525th total paid. I’m pretty sure someone from that first shipment reported having registered shipping, but I’m not so sure anymore.

If you didn’t get a shipping notification, then your light did not ship.

Maybe it did not ship because it was registered mail? I really don’t know.

Ps, I think the last date from that 2nd paid list was about Dec 12th. BLF recieved it and posted it on Dec 15th. I really wish Neal would send us an updated paid list.

LATEST NEWS:

USA orders with batteries seem to be shipping right now. Notifications are showing up.

It seems the first shipment went out by region instead of the exact order in which we paid for cost reasons.

Initial quality has been fantastic. A handful of people have gotten opaque black switch covers instead of translucent black. Replacement switch covers are being sent on a case by case basis.

The first shipment of lights (168 total) shipped on Dec 23. This was a pallet going to the USA from the first 576th person on the paid list that did not include batteries. Tracking numbers went out on Dec 27 and lights started arriving to customers on Dec 29th. DHL shipping was very fast.

There should be a European order going out soon.

The next group to purchase lights (#1040 and up on the list or who signed up after 10/23/17) will get their emails mid January instead of early January in order to let Neal get caught up with current orders.

BLF GT official support thread

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 27

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 10 or 12.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey.

M4D M4X: You can buy 8 of the button top Samsung 35E batteries (seem ideal, high mAh and good amps) for $40 when you buy your GT. No sign up required for these.
Battery details are here.

Video of Drop Test

I don’t think it will be $450-$500. Unless people send their GT to him for upgrade, then it is possible at that price.

Robert007…… actually you are not in the “second batch”.

Your numbers are 1150 & 1151.

You will receive the PM mentioned above before to long. It will most likely be at least two weeks… possibly longer.
…………
……………
1149 Hugh Johnson
1150 Robert007
1151 Robert007 2nd
1152 hoekjor

Now I have to be careful with my wife when my GT arrives.

It is shipped, when it is shipped … but now I am very worried
I hope to receive the tracking code before the Giggles arrives in my country with enough time to make the correct customs declaration, otherwise I will have many problems

Please add me to the list! I wish I had found out about this sooner. Please let me know if there’s anything else I need to do other than posting here.

From what I have read in the last few posts, it looks like this post will suffice to get me on the list, I just need to wait until I am contacted. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, please!

Vinh’s words:

Here is why this GTvn90 can never be $400 (At least from me)
$157 Shipped for groupbuy price (Light will retail for $265)
$120 CFT LED (Assuming buying multiple LEDs)
$25 Circuitry Related (At least)
$15 USA shipping (At least with parcel post – ground snail mail)
That’s $317 total out of pocket
$400 Selling Price leave me with $83 profit.
30% income tax on profit = .7*$30 = $58.10 “take home”

Add another $50 to $100 to that “take home” price and I’d say then he would be very interested…

Distance measure:
In Google Maps on the phone

1. Hold a spot on the map to get a pin.
  2. Open the panel at the bottom
  3. Under the row of icons the first entry should say sth. like “measure distance”.
    Tap on it.
  4. now you can drag the map arround.
    (5. If you like you can set waypoints by clicking on the plus sign)

Joe

Ya, but CFT90 is a different beast. The wattage is much higher, he has to develop new driver for GT to get to full potential of CFT90. And if we calculate the labor work hour, $150 is not much for him. Unless he does it for his friends, then maybe.

That LED might work with the new driver VN he is developing, who knows, however it may also come down to how many requests he gets and the potential money he could make in doing so, time will tell :slight_smile:

same here.
i had a feeling this would happen, so i ordered 16 batteries from another source, and had them in hand and charged in 3 days

Can I please be put down for another light. thank you.

Coyotehawk will add your names to his sign up list. You’ll see your name when he does the next update. It will be sometime mid January when you are emailed with the details of where to go and how to order.

You can also buy 8 of the Samsung 35E batteries for $40 at the same time as you buy the light. No sign up necessary for those. There are plenty of batteries in stock.

Welcome to BLF Fubs261.

Ps, The group buy is still open, but could close at any time.

If you still haven’t received your light, call the DHL Express contact phone number. Give them your DHL tracking number, and they should be able to give you the tracking number for the third party shipper they are using for your package. DHL forwarded my light to the USPS, and were able to give me the new tracking number. The DHL Express agent I talked to told me that they require the third party shipper they use to get the package to you in one to two days. Fortunately for me, USPS got my light to me the next day.

was browsing some of my subscribed threads just now and saw this.
its from just a little over a year ago
shows you how fast this led tech is progressing

……………. comment is on the tn42, after it came out……………

“” Wow, 600kcd! That’s crazy for a stock light! I wonder if there would be any modding potential or is that about the max we can expect ? “”
lol, now we are exactly double that with the BLF GT, stock.
Let the mods begin!