[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Well I broke down and solder blobbed some laptop pulls to test this out. Got sent home early from work due to the blizzard. Had to play with it finally…
Have not really got into the UI yet, but basic on/off, and going to moon and turbo so far very intuitive. I accidentally got into strobe mode and played with that for a min.

Going to be awesome to shine this over my town tonight in the blizzard haha. I live on the side of a hill just outside of downtown so it should be seen across all down town I imagine

Edit: I have not been really modding anything lately, but I do think I will be changing the emitter in this light. I know it is built as a thrower, the ultimate thrower, but for me I feel it would benefit from a lot more lumens, and loosing a bit of throw in the process will not be a big deal. Living in Maine, there really is not many places that you can see a mile with out some sort of obstical

That last line of Pulsars, where can you see over a mile? So losing throw wouldn’t entirely be a bad thing. I’ll have to think about it. The MT-G2 would suffer more than the 70.2 in throw, but then I can also use a 9V MT-G2 and not do much by way of changes to the light. Trade-off’s and compromises, however you look at it.

Sunny day here, in the low 50’s. Our house is a light cream colored brick, not white but not so far from it. In broad daylight, no shadow but direct sunlight on the brick, the GT shows it’s hot spot in Turbo from 20-30 yds away. :smiley:

Coyotehawk will add your name to his sign up list. You’ll see your name when he does the next update. It will be sometime mid January when you are emailed with the details of where to go and how to order.

You can also buy 8 of the Samsung 35E batteries for $40 at the same time as you buy the light. No sign up necessary for those. There are plenty of batteries in stock.

Welcome to BLF.

Ps, The group buy is still open, but could close at any time.

Said it before, and I’ll say it again. I think lumintop should make factory accessories for this light. Shorty tube, stainless bezel, led boards for different emitters. Got to thinking after reading Dale’s post about mtg2, a giant OP reflector would be cool.

Different heads would be cool too, but I think that would be worth another BLF project in it’s own.

Then we got other must haves for EDC, like pocket clip and head bands

I tried a chain necklace for mine Pulsar but the big 3/8” car chain links kept pulling the hairs on the back of my neck. :stuck_out_tongue:

LATEST NEWS

2 orders have been shipped. 362 lights in total.

The first 2 shipments went out by region instead of the exact order in which we paid, for cost reasons and because there were not enough DHL orders to fill a pallet for anywhere except the USA.

The first shipment of lights (168 total) shipped on Dec 27. This was a pallet going to the USA from the first 576th person on the paid list that did NOT include batteries. Tracking numbers went out on Dec 27 and lights started arriving to customers on Dec 29th.

DHL shipping was very fast and is recommended for all USA buyers in the future.

The second shipment of lights (194 total) shipped January 3rd. This was a pallet going to the USA from the first 740th person on the paid list that DID include batteries. Tracking numbers went out on Jan 3rd. We may see lights arrive on January 5th.

Another 200 GT’s are supposed to ship by the end of the week. No word on where these 200 are going.

The “slowish” shipping is due to the large reflectors being slow to produce. Only about 200 lights are made per week. So we should see 150 to 200 lights ship every week.

Of the first 1000 people on the list that have been able to pay, about 800 have ordered. Hopefully all 800 will get their lights shipped by mid January when the next round of payments should begin for the people who have signed up after 10/23/17.

Initial quality has been fantastic. A handful of people have gotten opaque black switch covers instead of translucent black. Replacement switch covers are being sent on a case by case basis.

The next group (3rd batch) to purchase lights (#1040 and up on the list or who signed up after 10/23/17) will get their emails mid January instead of early January in order to let Neal get caught up with current orders.

BLF GT official support thread

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 27

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 10 or 12.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey.

M4D M4X: You can buy 8 of the button top Samsung 35E batteries (seem ideal, high mAh and good amps) for $40 when you buy your GT. No sign up required for these.
Battery details are here.

Video of Drop Test

Honestly though, without fail, every single person I’ve showed it to immediately smiles really big, even before seeing the output. “Cannon”, “WhatthehellisTHAT?!”, “Holy sh*t!”, “Where’s the trailer?”…exclamations abound wherever the GT is displayed. :smiley:

Lighting up the license plate (reflective) in broad bright daylight on a vehicle 40+ yds away, the much acclaimed giggles spring forth… this even from a retired cop that’s “seen it all”. “Dayum!” says the cop. Yes, it’s true, most of the exclamations are expletives. Such is the nature of the beast…

I also sugested this, several hundreds :smiley: of pages before, MCPCB + centering ring, as a set, this shouldn’t be too hard for them.

• spare driver, just in case something goes unplanned :smiley:

I am trying to get some of these made but waiting to really talk to them about it until they get caught up on the current order list.

A strap is something I would like to see included with the “retail version” (aka, the $250 retail price).

An XHP70.2 kit is something else I would like to see made.

Problem is most manufacturers won’t want to sell components that users have to solder in… 70.2 sounds like a good one, Dale’s mtg2 sounds like a good one… I’ll probably leave mine stock until more people get them and see what real world results come from different mods people do

If you look at Lumintops website, you’ll see they really don’t make any accessories.

I really think the GT should include a sling, but Lumintop has never made any slings. Maybe they could buy a batch of the Thorfire S70 slings to include with the GT. This is a hard light to carry around in cold weather. Lol

I do think led boards are a good idea as well since no one else makes them. Have some xhp35, 50 and 70 made up.

The xhp50.2 might be a sweet spot for this driver. Running it at an easy 5A you could get over 5,000 lumen and 1600m throw. Slice the dome and your lose lumens, but gain throw. Maybe get 1800m to 1900m throw. Not as far as the xhp35-HI, but a bigger hotspot. (All rough calculations based on TA’s 70.2 tests)

Just some ideas.

Please add me to the list

Please add me to the list

There is a source for Chinese slings (I don’t know what it is) but the sling I’m using cost me <$4 shipped (I bought 4) and it’s a bungeed sling. It’s fine for the use.

Please add me to the list too

LATEST NEWS

2 orders have been shipped. 362 lights in total.

The first 2 shipments went out by region instead of the exact order in which we paid, for cost reasons and because there were not enough DHL orders to fill a pallet for anywhere except the USA.

The first shipment of lights (168 total) shipped on Dec 27. This was a pallet going to the USA from the first 576th person on the paid list that did NOT include batteries. Tracking numbers went out on Dec 27 and lights started arriving to customers on Dec 29th.

DHL shipping was very fast and is recommended for all USA buyers in the future.

The second shipment of lights (194 total) shipped January 3rd. This was a pallet going to the USA from the first 740th person on the paid list that DID include batteries. Tracking numbers went out on Jan 3rd. We may see lights arrive on January 5th.

Another 200 GT’s are supposed to ship by the end of the week. No word on where these 200 are going.

The “slowish” shipping is due to the large reflectors being slow to produce. Only about 200 lights are made per week. So we should see 150 to 200 lights ship every week.

Of the first 1000 people on the list that have been able to pay, about 800 have ordered. Hopefully all 800 will get their lights shipped by mid January when the next round of payments should begin for the people who have signed up after 10/23/17.

Initial quality has been fantastic. A handful of people have gotten opaque black switch covers instead of translucent black. Replacement switch covers are being sent on a case by case basis.

The next group (3rd batch) to purchase lights (#1040 and up on the list or who signed up after 10/23/17) will get their emails mid January instead of early January in order to let Neal get caught up with current orders.

BLF GT official support thread

Nvanlaar’s links.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 27

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 10 or 12.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey.

M4D M4X: You can buy 8 of the button top Samsung 35E batteries (seem ideal, high mAh and good amps) for $40 when you buy your GT. No sign up required for these.
Battery details are here.

Video of Drop Test

Coyotehawk will add your names to his sign up list. You’ll see your name when he does the next update. It will be sometime mid January when you are emailed with the details of where to go and how to order. (Uses PayPal, btw)

You can also buy 8 of the Samsung 35E batteries for $40 at the same time as you buy the light. No sign up necessary for those. There are plenty of batteries in stock.

Welcome to BLF.

Ps, The group buy is still open, but could close at any time.

Or for a no solder XHP70.2 upgrade they can sell the switch section of the host with inserted modified driver for XHP70.2 and XHP70.2 led soldered in and centering ring . The user just need to remove the tube and head front section with reflector and put in the other “engine”
I mentioned this idea a long time ago in this thread.

One thing lumintop should make available is the front glass , some are bound to break sooner or later by dropping the light & being clumsy.

I’ve been looking at my switch cover and i think i got one of the opaque black covers . It is barely visible even when dark.