[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Is there any problem to change from registered mail to DHL? I`m can`t wait any more…………and I don`t care about that extra dollars to customs.

I checked the China post options to Europe, as far as I can see it’s at least $30 shipping for a 2-3 kg box.

no, Lumintop wants you to take DHL. But let them send the right invoice with specified shipping costs as stated before. If not, the customs estimate the shipping costs and that can be like $90 for a heavy box. You pay also the tax for the shiping costs.

Take as long as you need ,it’s done when it’s done :+1:

Thank you TA for the comprehensive update, and Neal for passing it all on etc. :+1:

Those are electroformed precision reflectors (larger ones cost hundreds of dollars). They are produced in a different way.

I used one here and also explained more in-depth how they are made.

this thread is slowly but sure turning into an tax avoiding thread…

just a short scenario : what happens if both registered parcel got stuck in customs and customs wants to see the original paypal transaction for each of the parcels and you can only provide the one transaction with $ 150 value

in my opinion this results in paying twice as much tax as opting for dhl shipment in the beginning (not taking into account the dhl service charge which varies from country to country)

maybe some people (depending on local customs policies) should consider this not completely impossible scenario

On my light, the bezel was easier to loosen than the head.

:person_facepalming: ……… yep. . :+1: …. :wink:

Cant get either off of my light. Need to get another rubber strap wrench

It’s possible you might need a second person to help twist it. I was lucky and got both loose myself.

As DB said, some of them might be tighter than others.

I had tried putting it on a grippy rubber mat and twisting like Dale said to try on a tire… and nothing. That usually works for tight bezels. I think if I just had a second strap wrench it would go easy. Broke my second one a while ago and never replaced it… :person_facepalming:

I used 2 strap wrenches, my bed and my whole body weight to open the head... it wasn't that bad!

Steps First attach 2 strap wrenches like this, make sure you tighten them up real good

Then put on the edge of the bed, the bed will keep the light from moving and slipping and lock one of the strap wrenches

Last, hold the head so it doesn't move and use your whole body weight on the other strap wrench to open it, the switch assembly will slowly start turning

Done!

As soon as I broke the head loose, 1/8 turn, it turned easily.

The bezel required about 1.5 rotations before the tension let off.

fwiw, asking your friend Joe to sell you something and ship it as a “gift” is fine, but asking a business to ship out “gifts” pallets at a time is unreasonable. they have to at least appear to be abiding the regulations. undervaluing it is already above and beyond the call of duty.

Ok I got my GT, the 8 batteries it came with, and my MiBoxer C4-12 came in too.

I don’t have a multimeter. Are the batteries already charged or do I throw them in the miboxer? Just let it do it’s thing or should I select a custom charge option?

Any tips on first assembly or other common goofs?

Joe? ….I think you mean our friend Neal? :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

I doubt they will be charged, but just put them in the charger and see?

I’ve been involved in a payment dispute, and have been pretty much skint (that’s ‘broke’ for non-UK residents) for the past month. Now that everything’s been resolved, I should hopefully have the cash sometime in the next few days. Can someone please tell me if my coupon will still be valid (I was in the second batch)? Thanks.

Oh ok thanks,i was hoping i was on the list i don’t care how long it takes. just want one of those awesome lights…