[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Hello, please indicate if Argentina is among the remote countries, not only pay GT but also battery pack and donation of 2 dollars, a total of 199 ……, greetings!

$40 extra for shipping to remote area?
i will wait until neal send me notification about it

I’m in!

You don’t need to dispute anything. If you would like a full refund no one will argue about it or refuse you. Neal will gladly refund your entire amount.

Id be willing to throw a few bucks in to help the cause.

the strap loop on mine is not aligned to either button or tripod mount. from the other thread:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/48625/4

Why do the font lanyard attachment hole not line up with the button?
The driver compartment and the reflector housing are two separate pieces that screw together. It is difficult to have this align and it was never intended to align.

I’m in to

Maybe find out the total of money owed by members in remote locations, raise money until after new years, then divide what is left between the members in remote locations. Any luck we can get the extra costs covered or maybe significantly lower what is needed

Edit: I mean this for existing orders. Any new orders I think should be covered by the customer as it is a known issue now. I think the GB was left to go too long too. This was not a small GB by any means

Please excuse my off-topic question, but what’s that material wrapped around the Emisars in your photo, T18?

Can’t say I disagree… The fund to cover charges for existing orders idea was more to help the BLF members get the lights that are rightfully theirs at a minimal increase to them… Not to help lumintop get more money. That’s why I feel if they do allow a fund to help covering charges, it should only be to help existing orders. But, the more people that back out, the faster they can release it to the public and start getting higher profits…

One more who’s in on a ‘crowd-funded’ shipping solution.

Not being from one of those “etc.” countries, and also not yet holding my own GT, I’m happy to help the group buy move along as smoothly as possible. If a couple of hundred of us put up $5 each, that’s a big dent in any shipping fees.

Now I wish Neal won’t contact me. :cowboy_hat_face:

Guys, first many people ask Lumintop to help evading import tax and VAT.
Now people ask Lumintop to suck up the losses due to unforeseen cost for such a big size and heavy light.

We want Lumintop to manufacture a good light for us, we also want Lumintop to lessen our own countries tax problem or shipping problem.

I think just request refund is the right way if you really can’t accept it. Any currency conversion loss is not really a lot to complain about. Of course it is unpleasant experience, but it will cut your pain as soon as you get your refund.

In particular, I felt hesitant to participate in the initial group of 555, but in the end accept and join the second group, I think I asked if there would be problems with the shipment, to which they replied that everything would be ok, well here we are 45 days later and 200 dollars in limbo, it seems unfair to me that several members classify complainants to whom we demand some kind of response, after all it is a deal or not? I wonder, as a large company that sells globally does not know what are the tariffs of the packages !!, well I think that soon if I do not get some kind of communication with NEAL, I go for a refund of my money, greetings!

Hi, Sry for The question but iam of The List as 1442. i Not have Paid yet. But i would Like To pay and get The GT. Could you tell me what I have to do so I can pay? Can i get Equipment for The GT on this way Here too? Thanks and best regards —Sry for my Bad english

+1 :+1: I agree with you! They should own up to what they stated for the pricing! I mean, come on, this shipping to other countries was never thought about before they posted the pricing? :person_facepalming: The Chinese are not stupid! I just feel for TA and others here trying to do the best they can! So cheers to team GT :beer: , Jeers to Lumintop! :rage:

P.S. I’m guessing the GT flashlight costs them under $40USD to make, and that is probably way over-kill :wink:

I am still trying to figure out another option rather then having people pay extra but I have to consider both sides to this. There is simply no perfect answer here.

On one hand I agree, they set a price and should stick to it but on the other doing that will cause a substantial loss on their part. A few thousand dollars is entirely possible, on top of the many thousands they have already lost just from shipping costing more in general then they estimated.

Remember that they have been working on this light with a significant amount of manpower for the last 6 months, this is no small endeavor for them.

Now a crowd funding solution would be great and if people are willing to do it this way I can look into the logistics of setting this up. It would at least reduce the amount that those in the affected countries need to pay.

I really wish there was a perfect option that worked for everyone but if we demand that Lumintop go 100% by their prior agreement it would be very short sited. Things like this are what stops manufactures from ever doing a project like this again.

Hopefully Neal will get back to me and I can figure out some alternative options.

It means and other similar countries basically. I have asked for some clarification but a complete list of all affected countries appears to be hard to do. So it is best to wait and see if Neal contacts you about needing extra payment before worrying about it unless you are in one of the listing places.

As jason said, no need for a dispute, they will send you a refund without a problem (it just might take a little bit as everything is moving slowly right now).

TA, I’d be willing to chip in to help others out! This may be a good solution, but we need others to follow suite!

Don’t be too hard on Lumintop, they are doing there very best to find other options, which is why I didn’t even hear about this till the other day.

Also $40 is not even close to how much the GT costs to make. The hunk of raw aluminum for the head alone costs something like $22 + a similar hunk for the reflector + the body + the engine + the machine time + the high quality ano + all the other mics parts + the driver + assembly + packing + everything else involved with this.

All said and done, they are loosing money on the $117 lights for sure. I have no doubt about it. Even the $157 lights are iffy on if they will turn a profit at this point from what I am hearing.

They have invested over $100,000 in this project, keep this in mind. That is no small amount of money even to a company like Lumintop.

It is just a tough situation all around, they never expected so many lights to sale at all, much less internationally. They are not getting rich off this, that is for darn sure.

I am looking for alternative options, but I am not finding any good ones. If someone has a better idea, I am all ears, I already talked them into splitting the extra shipping costs with the buyers as anything more was unacceptable and this is as “fair” as it can get that I can see.

The group funding option is the only other option I have seen with any promise at all.