[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I share your concern and I don’t disagree at all. While I think it’s OK to attempt avoiding taxation on import packages through legal means, I don’t support trying to make others bend their rules to facilitate that. Unfair demands and requests were being made by BLF members.

I have to take this one step further. Those whose chose mail instead of DHL are not responsible for talks before the optional shipping was offered. It’s not just those who might be extorted and screwed by DHL, but those who thought DHL is very difficult and complicated who chose the alternative shipping. It’s a select few who get to receive anything from DHL (or most courier services) effortlessly, even when they do everything right. The home office entrepreneurs, the unemployed and the retired to name a few.

This is probably a majority of countries except the United States. Just based on what I hear on BLF, DHL seems to to a great job with private recipients in one country. The exact opposite of what I hear everywhere else.

Yes, they were. I still believe we were nice in trying to work with them.

Wrong on count 1. I’m not a nice guy.

That was faster than I ever expected. Worth even less than I expected.

Withholding information based on the excuse of fear of losing face is part of Chinese culture. That went on for weeks and prevented proper response from BLF to sort this out.

Extorting money when you can is part of Chinese Business culture. Textbook knowledge unless you’re non-racist enough to ignore it.

Only behaving when you have to is part of human nature. I don’t have to know Chinese culture to state these points. I don’t have to be Chinese to demand adhering to basic ethics from others.

Yeah, what could I understand. I’m a racist after all by definition and my (supposed) race. How convenient.

No doubt. By how much is out there.

Yes, I have read that all over again and wonder why. Sounds stupid. Mostly because of the fraud they do, I guess. My second guess is some f-up by FedEx (why?).

Probably because LT went with the demands to scam the customs. Most of the time this works with smaller parcels, it seems this was an experiment and did not work with something this large.

I don’t support the customs scam as I have said for months. Around here it does not matter if valuables are marked as gifts or at $5. What matters is the invoice the customs requests and the recipient provides. This is how it works when there is a functional state, however draconian their demands may be.

Not a bad idea if those individuals requested fraudulent declarations. They should pay or preferably have their orders cancelled.

A really bad idea would be to divert these costs to those who live in “countries who prevent commerce” (as in countries that collect VAT) or as it’s trending, “s* countries”. Kinda racist.

Seems like the people who would want their light to be shipped at £15 in the UK are more expensive customers than even those living in “s* countries”.

You forgot the sarcasm font Mr.Scott

I hope you are not referring to me, for example. I completely understand the nature of a GB (especially of an in development GB that you seem to be referring to). This understanding is why people line up for something that does not exist yet, and even do a down payment when assured everything will eventually work out. Most even accept it can take a while (months or years). Of course some don’t.

It seemed to be going faster than expected anyway. Does not matter if it’s spring or summer.

Agreement based on trust, exactly.

With the Q8 some still believe issues with the the lighted switch were extremely rare while in reality it could have been more than half of the first batch. “PMS SEND (?) TO THOSE WITH ISSUES” did not mean that, really. Several members said they did not care and would fix that for themselves, it’s a BLF SE GB after all. Those were not offered any help or spare parts, and that’s how they compensated as it was an experimental GB after all. I have one of these faulty units and I’m not complaining. I reported that of course as the widespread nature of the issue would be good to know.

Still I have not fixed a failed Q8 switch light, and I would purchase a spare part if available. There’s probably a market for that part anyway, btw. Not just those 100 or 200 with a faulty part ATM.

If there was a bad O ring with the GT, I would not be complaining or actively requesting help. I don’t expect full warranty. There has already been some interest to buy a better reflector.

A watertight contract as in having an actual warranty or a date of delivery? Yes, that would need a retail purchase.

Oh. My wall of text was probably less than the quota for some active non-team users for a single page. In these ADHD times more than 3 lines is a lot.

Keisari, a new Q8 switch board was sent out to those said they had an led issue. The kit even included a tool to remove the switch ring. I think The Miller handled these through PM. Since he’s not here, I’m not sure who is handling it anymore.

Check this post and below it.

My only reply to you is that you should think deeply about your statement of linking an action by a single Chinese company to Chinese culture is racist or not. If you think it is not racist, basically you think VW’s emmision fraud is a German culture. Hope you come out a better person. The most scary part is of a racist is being racist unconsciously.

+1

In that case, your reply is quite slim. I’m not making this up while we “discuss”.

I’m well informed enough to know this is not an isolated indicent. This is a textbook case and part of tradition.

Oh, that’s nice. Let’s not go into politics shall we? VW emission fraud(one of dozens around the world) should be treasured by the environmentalists. It reduced the holy grail of believer emissions, CO2 emissions at the cost of other emissions. Please don’t derail further.

That’s an evil thing to say. Quite sad those blurts are commonly accepted and my acknowledging them should be frowned upon, according to the modern narrative. I’m evil after all.

Just keep +1’ing his rant.

Ow God I’m starting to think the refund will not too painful after all :person_facepalming:

This much off topic banter is quite excessive.

Maybe SB should close this thread for a day or two so Texas_Ace can get more info.

:+1:

Agreed.
Sb please lock this thread until after chinese Newyear :wink:

I was going to say, where’s an admin when you need one? Nobody should be forced to read this. I hope someone will have a serious word with this person.

Sorry I can’t help when I see racist statement. I don’t think I can stop people from linking anything unrelated to culture of other race. But I can’t let it go. Even my friends posted something racist on his facebook wall, I will remind them not to be racist.

Got my second GT today and its amazing how close it is to the first one i got. If it was not for the slight and I do mean slight off center corona on the newer one I could never tell them apart looking at the hotspot.absolutely increadible lights. still get almost 1.2m cd. When I ordred this light I thought to my self this will be the longest throwing light I have for awhile. Well I was wrong. Finally got my tn42vn back with Oslon flat black led. Took 5 measurements at 10meters and all were over 1.5m lux with the highest just under 1.6m cd. I was in shock. It clearly out throws the gt visually. Million plus CD throwers are becoming more and more common now. :slight_smile: ill post photos tomorrow. Its more complicated for me to post photos here then other forums.

Why not. While the GB threads were earlier filled with interesting off topic chatter about vehicles and stuff, it might be a good idea.

While it’s not really off topic to strongly voice an opinion about raising the GB prices at late January or early February 2018, it is quite off topic to make the thread into politics and accusations of racism. I felt it’s somehow almost appropriate to say how things are assuming the latest official info was correct. Even if it may butthurt some members.

Hope we can do better than this,and just wait until TA tell us what LT could offer …

My personal thoughts have may F… word’s but I didn’t posted a single word since the problem with shipping started.

PLEASE people stop making this even worse than it is now, and let’s face the problem like a team ! ! !

so you got your second GT today? When did it left HK?

I’m aware of this kit. It wasn’t sent to those who either did not report or reported they don’t care(I reported I won’t need replacement parts) and would fix it themselves. This was confirmed by The Miller.