[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Wow, that’s an expensive light:

$400 Spec 5 Oslon Flat Black 6500K - Pencil beam, Max Throw, Low output
Lumen: 700-850
Intensity: 1.1-1.3Mcd
Throw: 2098-2280m

Your getting lux measurements higher than Vinh measured. How do you feel about the lower lumen output and smaller hotspot? Is it still a usable hot spot compared to the GT?

Let’s work towards solutions. TA and Neal sort things out. Most addresses are in common countries, some already switched to DHL.

Thanks for the info Jason. I have not paid much attention to the thread.

I’ll sit tight and wait for a PM/mail, then.

I find it insulting calling ones opinion "yapping", just because those opinions differs from yours. There were many similar instances, I only quote yours since it was the latest. What some of you guys need to understand is that there are people that don't share your opinions. Telling those that don't agree with you to stop voicing their own opinion, and call that "yapping", is simply rude.

Furthermore, this is not about patience. Not anymore. Now it is about whether we will get the GT light at all.

I don't mind the waiting. I never complained about waiting. What I (and most of the people here) complain is getting 36% price increase almost 5 months after the final payment.

So please don't tell us to stop voicing our disagreement for something we deem very unfair, and stop calling it "yapping".

Yes, it is a common practice today, to call someone "racist" because of stating the reality about different cultures (or peoples). Never mind that it IS the reality.

Thing is, most people never bother to understand other cultures. Most never experience them, and even those that visit those countries, they mostly stay in tourist resorts and never experience the local culture. I have seen the same products sold to several different people for prices ranging from 1x to 20x, all in time interval of 15 minutes. It's one price for tourist, other price for tourist that haggles, price for locals, and many variations in between. That is not good or bad, it simply is. That's just part of the culture. It really is not exclusive to China. In fact it's pretty much similar on most places outside western countries. Ever visited a turkish bazaar? No? It's the same, you know the price and you haggle and you talk with other sellers, or you get ripped off. It's simply like that.

So calling some "racist" just because of stating the obvious, that's just ludicrous.

On the bright side, I can offer this clip from Monty Python's Life Of Brian, to try to somewhat successfully illustrate what we are talking about here. Please do watch it, it's both funny and educational (even if some might call it "racist"). :)

Well that "racist" trump card doesn't seem to be intended to work both ways. :D

Are you saying Neal has contacted you and told you that you need to pay an extra 36%?

Or are you just jumping the gun and assuming that?

This is a rhetorical question as I know he has not told you that.

Please let’s wait and see IF anyone has to pay anything extra before we start complaining about it. Okay? Thanks.

Talon
look here TK's Emisar D4 review - #217 by T18

You can always ask for refund, stop your haggling. Now it looks like you are haggling with seller while everyone is waiting for final decision.

Before the OT posts were light hearted discussions about miscellaneous activities and interests… now it’s just racism, insults, complaints, speculation and veiled cursing… :person_facepalming:

Team giggles needs a lock button so people can actually read important updates and chill while everyone waits for the next bit of real information.

So people should either ask for a refund or stfu? Please, keep such silly ideas for yourself next time.

Could we ALL just give it a rest & keep our opinions to ourselves & not post them as we wait on an update from TA which will hopefully come in a bit??

Can we please?? This is accomplishing exactly nothing…….

I was responding to his post about haggling culture that he thinks it is culture outside western countries that he thinks people think it is racist to say that. Well, it is not racist at all. And he is determined to get his GT and justify he and some loud members has right to make noise while now haggle against potential price increase. So i think he is haggling.

No, i didn’t tell anyone to shut up. I will shut up now though. Too bad now is my BLF time after work. I wish i am asleep now.

It was about culture, not race. There’s a difference.

I thought the chipping in for additional costs was a good idea.
Worth pursuing i.m.o.

+1 …… :+1:

For the first time I am in complete agreement with teacher, lets leave some space for ‘normal’ off topic while we wait for a team member to let us know the facts as they know them.

Cheers David

A

I just hope that Neal will stay behind his words!

Well this thread has multiple functions probably. Some need to react out of disappointment. The feeling being fooled or whatever. And somebody (or the whole Chinese culture) has to be blamed for that. But at the end you have the choice of a refund or a reasonable deal to get the GT. If you’re in for the last option, wait for TA with more info. And let’s hope the reflector man has recovered from the flu :)

Let’s hope he has & is not like several from my area that have died from it. :open_mouth:
Otherwise health people too… they got it & it killed them dead as a door nail. It is some bad ‘stuff’ this year it seems…… :frowning:

But Jason, the following is stated in the first sentence, in the first post of this GB:

That part "will need to pay extra" sounds very definite to me. That is what I refer to, I am not assuming anything here. I am stating the obvious. If the stated is not true, why is it posted in the very first sentence of this discussion?

I am sorry if I am perceived as negative. I do fell for the situation you guys are in, but please do understand our standpoint also. We were patient for so long time, and I for one (and most of us here) are very thankful for your efforts and your work. But it's kind of insulting having that information visible in the first post, in the first sentence in that first post, and saying that people are impatient and jumping the gun with assumptions. As it is insulting some other people calling these legitimate complaints as "yapping".

And than there is this post from NikolaS, just 2 posts above this. So it seems that the "assumptions" were quite real:

[quote=NikolaS] !https://s19.postimg.org/qjqqhwg03/Screenshot_2018-02-02-13-49-42.png! A I just hope that Neal will stay behind his words! [/quote]

Eh mate, you can't haggle AFTER the deal is done. That is a fact. But than again, you seem like somebody who never haggled in his life. :-)

edit: Sorry for posting after the thread was closed, I opened the reply window before that and I missed it. :-/

Thread closed until tempers cool down. Please do NOT start a new thread elsewhere to continue the discussion.