[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

99 votes ATM
An earlier poll was voted for more and when I proposed to call it people wanted more time/votes

Thank you, I am suggesting neither that the Poll be closed or left open.

I asked:

• how long it would be open
  • if there were a designated close date.

Most successful Poll’s I have been involved in through out my many years have a definite length of time they are open for voting. This is stated clearly in the Poll for all to see. Then, if someone has not voted in the designated time frame…. tough luck for them. They had their opportunity and for whatever reason did not take advantage of it. :slight_smile:

I am not suggesting what the time frame be, only that there be one & it be made public for all to see.
Whether it be a day, a week, a month, a year, or anything in between…… I do not care.
:+1:

The ratio of votes will not change no matter how long it’s left open, so who cares?
Let people vote if they want, it won’t change the result anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

I think you got that right… :beer: :person_facepalming:

…and it seem to be the same as the previos poll, so lets move on. :arrow_right:

What’s my concern is that the price will probably be above that 100$ mark, due to expensive shipping…but I’ll take it anyway!

I’ve read that Chinese shipping price is divided by 4 when compared to us-shipping… (30*4=120)
I presume it will be shipped from China (manufacturer) to us customers?

Over a 100 dollars!!! I’m down with that lol. :slight_smile: I just spent 134 and change for the DN70 and 35. Now I’m trying to decide between the Thrunite TN40S and the Imalent DT35. I think I’ll go with the Thrunite because I don’t own one and they have a really good rep.

As a reminder for those that have not voted, a link to the poll thread Poll: BLF GT basic outside design (see post #2 for options)

Cheers David

I am really only just now getting into the groove with this thread but

+1. I would definetly be interested in extra reflectors too.

Thanks. I hadn’t seen that. And I cannot believe that desing 1 is beating out that fabulous looking mock up of design 2!!

How about the people who are planning to buy several of them get to vote several times?

A hundred bucks is the target price for this light? WOOOHOOO if we get anywhere near that!!

Thanks again for doing this The Miller!

Hey wait, I have one question. Why does design #2 have a second switch in the tail? Is it possible to get design #2 but with only the one switch, or am I too late to the party???

Small stuff like that is undecided. The first one used to have a tailcap switch but then got removed.
Adding a tailcap switch will also complicate the build process so if we want to keep costs low it probably will not be there in the final product.

Narsil and driver are so good at keeping the parasitic drain low there is no real need for a tail switch

Hmmmm, the two of you make interesting observations. You may well be correct, I do seem to hear some kind of music in the distance. :wink:
But, let us remember it is not over until the large, rotund lady sings. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, apparently like you MD; I had not even considered the cost of shipping until The Miller mentioned it above. :cry:
Hopefully J-Dub74 will come back with some good news concerning shipping options after conferring with Simon. :+1:

I did some research and through my sources I come up with these options, the two cheapest carriers anyway.

• $40.77 for a package weighing between 1.5 - 2.0 Kg
  • $42.23 for a package weighing between 1.5 - 2.0 Kg

Hopefully who ever manufactures these lights will have the mixed macro inputs with various carriers that may be disseminated into more tolerable shipping costs, that will in turn be passed on to us. :+1:

Edit: Shipping costs listed above are in USD shipped from China to USA. Price is very similar to UK also.
Edit #2: I found a bunch more info on shipping from China. It “may not” be as bleak as it seems. Still trying to verify if my latest info is correct however.
A couple are sub $30 & one sub $20…. but I restate, I am still trying to verify the accuracy of this info.
ePacket may be a good option if the package weight is not over 2Kg.
More later…………

I hear ya’ man!!! :+1: Shipping costs be ‘dam-ded’……. :wink:

Do it right or don’t do it………
This thing needs to beat the TN42 right out of the box. :+1: And I do love my TN42, but I want the BLF GT to put it in 2nd place in the stock thrower category.

In other words….
Go BIG or go home…………

:wink:

list updated

8 x 18650?! Got to be honest, this is awesome.

Interested but final price the deciding factor.

I’m all for “go big or go home”

Amen brother, I think we all are!!! It’s gonna be epic……… just like was stated in the Op. :+1: :+1:

OK:

Design 1 52

Design 1 but would not mind design 2

Design 2 22

Design 2 but would not mind design 1

Valid votes 127
D1 81
D2 46

D1+D2 OK with D1 105
D2+D1 OK with D2 75

It seems OK to go with 1 yes?

If you build it they will come! :smiley: No matter the aesthetics, it is going to ROCK!! :sunglasses:

If there is still room on the list, I would like to be added for one!

+1