[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Post 2 or 3 of the Q8 thread is about Narsil, all info can be found there.

You must be joking!!
Are there already plans for it? Sounds awesome and can’t whait what Simon will make! It’s definitely going to be nice quality and good looking light.

Agreed, no reason for another poll.

:person_facepalming: Shaking the bush Boss, just shaking the Bush! :smiley: :+1:

What I thought everyone just loved a good “Poll”. :stuck_out_tongue: … :person_facepalming: … :wink:

“Polls R’ Us” ya’ know……… :wink:

Thank you sir!!! :+1:
There is so much to keep up with, my “semi-oldish” brain has trouble remembering where it all is. :wink:
I appreciate the road map to where the info is. :slight_smile:

For anyone, such as myself, not familiar with “Narsil”…. the links below to the posts The Miller mentioned above do indeed have a wealth of information.
Thank you again for the info……… :+1:

Post #2
Post #3

It is very good to shake the bush, just the sort of thing progress can originate :wink:

When things are split and function does not lean a certain way a poll can and will be done, however here this is not the case… :wink:

LOL
Not joking at all. While it’s only been discussion, Simon and I have been talking about it ever since the release of the L6 and he’s been looking into the XHP35 ever since it hit the scene. That was one of the reasons for the smooth L6 reflector. I wanted to make a true thrower version of the L6 but the SMO reflectors have been too inconsistent. Don’t get too excited yet as it hasn’t gone beyond talk. It will remain there until we can consistently source large mirror finish reflectors. Even the L2 reflector at around 55mm (inner reflector dia.) has given Simon a bit of trouble. As the diameter increases so does the percentage of defects. We’re working on it though. All these things take time.

Why do you think I asked J-Dub74 for an aftermarket copper DTP board with complex pads for the Q8, stalling my friends to get the GT out before the Convoy
L10 :smiley:

Aha! I knew you were up to something! :stuck_out_tongue:

Been out of the BLF loop for a while and just came across this awesome looking project. How close are you guys to actually building these things?

Also, I’m a fan of NOT having a tail clicky. I think everyone had a Maglite at least once in their life, and know how to work the side clicker. People who try out my Convoy L6 always get confused when trying to turn the light on with the side switch. A few of them have said “looks like its dead” :person_facepalming: Just my 2 cents :beer:

I think the L10 L100 and the L6000 will be out sooner! :smiley:

Just kidding! :person_facepalming:

Sounds like you need some new friends. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’m kidding of course but people outside of our world don’t understand many of our flashlights at first glance. I start talking about a flashlight UI and they look at me like I’m insane. I get that a lot these days…

They may be onto something there but man I’m enjoying the ride! :laughing:

Most of my really cool lights confuse the uninitiated. For that matter, some of my lights confuse me functionally on occasion now that I have so many. My love of dual switches is just that…mine. I don’t expect all to agree and in the case of this light it has been decided that it will be side switch only and even if a bit grudgingly, I will respect that decision. If I waited for everyone to agree on every aspect of the L6…we would not have the L6.

This light has a LOT of thought and community input behind it and one thing I can say about this choice that makes me feel better about the side switch only design is that Tom has put great effort into not just the firmware itself but but the documentation. What really first impressed me about Narsil was the manual he wrote for it quite some time ago. This was for a lesser developed version of Narsil than this light or the Q8 will have but he does a truly excellent job of explaining the UI and making what could be astoundingly complex quite understandable to someone who has just a basic understanding of current flashlights. That is no easy task. :+1:

Hi new to BLF, have you got any updates on this project? Does it still have the 6 x 18650 battery option?

Well said J-Dub74!

No 6 cells are no option
Either 4 or 8.

list should be updated

Long time listener, first time caller…

Please add me to the list.

Thanks!

Welcome to BLF!
Will update the list later :wink:

Rough idea on the price?

It would be good if it's a combination a smooth reflector near the LED and a tiny bit of orange peel near the bezel.

We aim for $100
At I think two surface areas in one reflector could add complexity

Please add me for one,