[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Add me to the list as well please. Thanks!

If there is still a place on the list, please count me in as well. Thanks!

But it’s printed the wrong way. For easy usage it had to be upside down

:slight_smile:

OK, since I “bit” on the Tee shirt and was told “I could have one drop shipped from 2015”. :person_facepalming: … :smiley: ……. I might as well ask this question too and see where it leads. :slight_smile:

Is the person in this picture really the “Neal” we are speaking of in this thread??

Welcome to BLF
Will update list later, probably not before Sunday evening

Yes, that was taken back when he was helping with the BLF A6 project. He’s a large part of the reason why BLF is able to get custom lights mass-produced now, because he convinced manufacturers to build what BLF wanted instead of what the manufacturer wanted. Before then, group buys were for mostly-stock hardware designed by the OEM. Sometimes BLF could convince companies to make a few changes here and there, but it wasn’t like the totally-custom stuff we have now.

The shirt happened because people initially had difficulty understanding the UI, so they joked about making my diagram wearable for easy reference… and djozz and Neal then turned it into a real thing. I never did actually get one, but that’s okay… I don’t generally wear t-shirts.

It was a running gag for a while, like when people wanted a similar shirt for the BLF-348.

So… yeah, that’s Neal. We go way back (if ~3 years can be considered “way back”). He’s good people.

You know who else we need around here? Saabluster, patron saint of throwers and creator of the DEFT-X.

And I know exactly how to summon him. Check this out.

All I have to do is perform a weird little ceremonial dance…

… and then chant the magic incantation three times:

ONE MILLION CANDELAS!
ONE MILLION CANDELAS!
ONE MILLION CANDELAS!

Any moment now, he should appear in a puff of smoke.

Haha thats awesome! Good to put a face to the man

Wow great news, sorry for catching up late with this project. But if someone remember I was actually proposing a Lumintop for a manufacturer way back from beginning. Awesome ,thanks Miller !!!

I would love to have a t-shirt with the UI on it. How cool would it be to be traveling & have someone say “hey I know that diagram”? Our own secret society…BLF Forever!

If it isn’t too late, I would like one.

Seems to be a full time job just adding people to the list. :wink:

Secret society, huh? What should we call it?

• Beautiful Lumen Federation
  • Bewitching Luminosity Fellowship
  • Brilliant Lantern Fabricators
  • Breaking Limits Frequently
  • Bewitched Lamp Fellowship
  • Barely Legal Flashers
  • Beyond Legendary Fluorescence
  • Blissful Luminescent Fantasy
  • Brandishing Luxurious Flares
  • Beware of Luminary Fires
  • Beacon of Lustrous Fortune
  • Battery of Luminous Folks
  • Band of Lumen Fanatics
  • Battalion of Lantern Fiends
  • Bunch of Loony Freaks

I vote for that last one. :smiley:

Of course, our secret society’s sworn enemies will just say we’re Being Lame Forever. But that’s okay, we can just Blaze our Latent Ferocity at them and leave them Blinking Like Fools. Or give them a gateway drug like a BLF-348 (Beguiling Little F**ker), wait until they come down with a bad case of Burning Lux Fever, and welcome them to the family.

Bunch of Lumen Freaks

Oh, hey, what a coincidence. Funny seeing you here.

How’s things?

Funny seeing me here? I know I know. Saablusters here. There goes the neighborhood. :wink: Truth be told I have been enjoying it around here. People like you have made this place incredible and done so much to move flashlights forward. Thank you! I have to say that there is a youthful vigor about this place. Upon rereading that it makes me sound old. I digress. Been doing great. Haven’t put out anything in a really long time. Hopefully change that soon. The past 6-7 months have been interesting. It has been the single greatest creative period of my life. To the point of exhaustion. I had a hard time doing anything normal. I’d be at the gym and my mind would just start engineering uncontrollably. Fortunately I took very detailed notes of everything. My mind has quieted in the last month. Now just working through the science of it all. Science being time consuming, money intense, and tedious. Oh yeah and fun. :heart_eyes:

Thanks for appearing on cue. I wasn’t sure if I said the summoning thing right, a few posts ago, or how many bond wires to sacrifice.

Science ALL THE THINGS!

It’s the noobs. If you mix their blood into BBQ sauce it adds a refreshing zing!

It must be horrible to live that way. I mean, from what I imagine. I wouldn’t have the slightest idea what that’s like, of course. Nope. I’m a perfectly normal human being who is totally not pretending to be mortal.

I’m interested in the answer to this question too.

Wow saabluster and TK, that was freaky with the summoning

What would be better
AR coated or ultra clear
And what would be least expensive?
We could always ask for it, idk if it will be done but asking doesn’t hurt :wink:

Hopefully it’ll be, ’cos according to google maps my stock TN42NW hit 1.5 miles, and it still has the photons to go further! Looks like my expectations of the GT’s just went through the roof… by the way, will it be available in NW and CW?

edit: scratch that… it hit a tad over 1.6 miles, although it was a reflective surface…. but still! :open_mouth:

Why go for the XHP35 instead of the XHP50?