[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I will probably post the review on CPF tomorrow and see what happens. If it goes the way things did last time I was over there, I can say it will most likely be the last time I try anything over there.

Who knows, maybe they have matured. I am not one to hold a grudge but I also ain’t one to stick my hand back on the stove just for the fun of it lol.

Awesome!
Does this include an LED like the SST-40?
Or would that require a 2S2P battery carrier modification?

With component changes the firmware and buck IC can handle anything from a 12V LED down to a 3V LED.

The limiting factor is that it will max out around 5A of current at any given voltage.

With some more component changes you might be able to increase this slightly but I would not expect more then 6-10A at the most with a rebuild of the buck side of the driver and that would be running pretty darn hot. Still cheaper and easier then building a driver from scratch though.

For something like an SST-40, which IIRC can take upwards of 15-20A, you would need something quite a bit beefier. A standard 46mm FET driver and a change to 1S4P would do it but you would loose regulation.

Although there is a driver in the works that might be able to handle even that but it is still very much in the works and a “might not even happen” type of thing. Just hoping that another driver I am helping with can serve double duty.

Wait till after the 3rd PM goes out if you can/will. :wink:

I personally wouldn’t want to run an SST-40 at more than 8 Amperes, but i assume you can get a little more by putting in a beefy inductor and FET and diode and perhaps the capacitor?
I guess we’ll see that in the coming mod threads. :smiley:
But i forgot about the fact that the LED gasket and MCPCB have to be changed too when you want to run a 5050 LED (or a 7070).
I guess it would be easier to run a heavily overclocked dedomed XP-L W2.
An aluminum or copper LED gasket could be interesting for some additional heat path right from where the heat is on.

You mean an SST- 90 right? The SST-40 should have a current maximum at 9 or so amps according to this Luminus SST-40, a N4 BA bin tested

1. zeroair paid.

Please do post it on CPF. I am curious to see if people dump on it. I like both forums. I think that the moderators/rules are the problem for the most part, not the members. The budget thing is a difference though. I really like the budget lights, but the quality has to be there. I have no worries about that with the Q8 and the GT.

If there is a need to get reviews up where people will see them, it may be worth going to both reddit and facebook, which both have sizable flashlight enthusiast groups. From what I hear, a lot of the CPF crowd has started migrating to facebook groups… particularly this one: https://www.facebook.com/groups/396898630419281/

It’s a lot of the same people, but in a more relaxed environment.

Ah those were the days, i glad i joined this forum 6 years ago after SB got banned from CPF and made BLF a reality just see how far BLF have gone so far in term of achievements.

I never heard that one. Please do tell. :slight_smile:

I didn’t know that, nice to know some history from BLF!
So Basically we are far ahead now of CPF thanks to SB.
BLF legacy!

Seeing ow slow CPF is and how nice the BLF projects are and were, it is very good they did not make a budget section over there but banned SB :smiley:

TK, Facebook, don’t let Zanbase see it, lol tapped on it only to be greeted by a security CAPTCHA. So I closed the tab :wink:

add me to 2 more, 3 in total

Please put down twoleftfeet for one. Thanks

I would like to be put on the list and thanks for reaching out to r/flashlight/ .

Yes, story time please :partying_face:

MARK

I’d like to be added to the list. Thank you.

This is probably not the place for that story. Forum rivalry is often considered as inflammatory a topic as politics or religion, and this thread is about the giga thrower.