[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

You are right as of the Rayleigh law of scattering,but I, for example, don’t like this warm tint.I have a Maxtoch 2X with a weird tint and I wait till Giorgoskok finds a proper led so I have a better tint.

I have seen such a video in a K70 youtube review.
Edit.
I found it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbyoEMC0x3o

Please add me to the list and send me PM for details for 2X. Thanks guys!

Alright, add me for 2 more

Please add me to the list.

Thanks!

Four new members, welcome to BLF!
To all will update OP later and will try to clarify things so it is clear how it goes. This probably will be much later today.
Done The BLF specials, my "rules" and FAQ :)

pls put me also on the list

I hear you, i’m not a warm white guy, i like a good neutral between 4000 and 4500, but i’m very very curious what kind of difference it would make with such a thrower.

Please Add me to the list I would love one of these

As I recall, the choice between cool white and neutral white in the TN42 was listed as making a 10% difference in output. I chose the cool white for absolute’s. Wasn’t a bit disappointed with it, wish I hadn’t traded it off. Can’t believe I did, honestly. So if it comes to be that I have a GT in hand, I’ll engrave my name on it or something to be sure it stays here for the duration. lol

Would like to have one, too!

Thanks

If someone could point me to a point in this thread where recommended battery specs are, I’d appreciate it. Or conversely, did I see that max Amp draw is about 2.5 so any 10 continuous Amp discharge 18650 cell would be appropriate? And is button top required/recommended? Is a protected cell preferred or needed or is there protection in the carriers?

Add me to the list, looking to buy two.

BVH, basically any cell will do, but:

I did some math and checked using the battery info by lygte/HJK, and I came to the conclusion that the 3500mah batteries (GA, 35e, MJ1) will provide the longest runtime AND longest regulated runtime, if you use 8 cells.

If, however, you plan to use only 4 cells (why though?), 3000mah high discharge batteries (hg2, vtc6, 30q) will provide a shorter runtime than 3500mah, but a longer regulated runtime. The choice there is yours.

Button top is recommended, but you can modify the battery carrier to work with flat tops, by removing an isolating plastic ring.

Protected is recommended as well, but not necessary. If you feel comfortable with testing your batteries from time to time and checking their voltage/making sure they are balanced, unprotected will work fine.

Myself, I bought 9 35e (there was a deal in packs of 3, 3.77usd each battery, iirc), unprotected. Flat tops, but I will probably solder blob.

Thank you very much Kaybi. I just spent 90 minutes skimming through this thread from the beginning to sort of get up to speed. I did see a couple posts covering the specs. I’ve got some Orbtronic 3500 10 Amp IMR’s and will buy more to arrive at 10 cells (a couple spares). Thanks again!

It would be better if all are the same age, and from the same manufacturer's lot

Do NOT forget that each GT carrier has 4 batteries in series, and the 2 carriers are in parallel electrically.

And note that if you remove the plastic ring to be able to use flat tops, then AFAIK you lose the mechanical reverse polarity protection.

Best Regards,

George

Please add me to the list

Please add my name to the group purchase list for the BLF special giga thrower. The demo is amazing and the operation of the switches seem really useful.

Yes will update list later
Yes matched married cells and the GT foes not draw a lot of amps so officially protected button tops, witg high mAh are advised.

Honest? After reading your PM explaining what you meant (not happy with new mbers squeezing older longer on the list BLFers down and now more new entries after our advertising), OK here goes:

Nobody got squeezed out of a GT.
When we started we aimed at $100 clearly stating that we had no idea how much it would be.
$120-$150 was the bandwidth frequently mentioned, and I did state $100 in response as negotiation tactic, if the consensus would have been $120-$150 no way it would have gone lower.

Do not forget the GT is very heavy, shipping is very expensive, this is no light where parts are cheaper or the same price or marginally higher priced then other big throwers, we know almost all is more expensive and still people can get one for $150 a very good deal, open for all, included those who asked to be put on the list first.
I could just have opted for the easy way, only 600 groupbuy GT lights for the promised $100 but that would have been excluding shipping so depending on shipping method a total price of $140-$155 and all first signed up could have their asked number, no new members could have bought it other then for $200-$250 plus probably $40-$55 shipping.
So lots and lots of negotiations and an extremely huge amount of clarifications, sorting, thinking and talking later we have presented a dual stage groupbuy that ONLY NEGATIVELY IMPACTS people who first signed up for at least:
111+150+150=411 +150=561
140+140+140=420 +140=560
155+155+155=465 +155=620
Oh, will you look at that, depending on actual shipping, either NOBODY would have benefitted but lots of people would not been able to get one, yes it is clear that would be much more fair :wink:
Or first askers in for 4 would save $1, but $11 on the fifth in case of best estimated shipping, wow, it would have been so much easier for sure :wink: IMHO not fair though.

Yes I do think it is fair to get more people one for $111 and no limit for now for $150.
If we would have said 555 in order of entry, some would have asked to be added to the list more, and people asking it later would be unhappy.
So there is no pleasing all, just choosing the most fair or least unfair way.
I hope you now see there is a lot being said and done before “official statements” are made or things are decided upon.

Above is reaction to the squeezing out, but there is also the new members part.
New members squeeze out people?
Any new member could be the new OL, why would date of becoming a member be important? Who are we or you to decide that joining date matters? By that logic interest lists should be ordered based on how long somebody is a member. If you think that is good, go ahead, if you present a cool light I will gladly be added at the end of the list after all that have joined before me.
Your list, your order.
For me, so IMHO, purely personal I really like BLF taking all serious, veterans and new members alike are treated with friendly respect and taken serious, it is one of the aspects that make BLF great.
Next thing is number of posts, ROFLOL, as if I shoulfd be taken more serious then almost all others with technical knowhow or modding skills just because I say “welcome to BLF” a lot :wink: not.
I, and again IMHO, am so surprised how a tiny number of members seem to think join date, or moment of asking to be put on the list really matters. I see it in the Q8 too, people being upset, “I was on the list longer and somebody who just joined already has his Q8 while I am still waiting” (or posts with this sort of remark I did not quote exactly :wink: you know in my head I hear a toddler’s voice going “whee whee I want ca-ha-ha-handy” I smile and shake my head.)
Why even notice that?
How can one look at things like that? Feels like a permanent state of disgruntled jealousy, sad IMHO. It is beyond me. The idea that someone else’s good luck or having a break does anything other then making you happy, no even unhappy. Seems not a very constructive way, one cannot control ones own faith, let alone somebody else’s so being glad somebody else has good fortune is the way to go IMHO.

We did not advertise, nor would I want to advertise. The biggest influx of new members were from Reddit and after the VOB video, and by that time we on BLF did have extensive debate and a running project for a long time, so all active members that want a GT were on the list or could have.

(Note that I woke up in the middle of the night to find a bunch of not nice PMs so this is worded a bit stronger and with less fun then I usually go for :wink: )

And of course welcome to BLF yet another two members!