[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

g'day! New to the forum. The buzz on this particular flashlight brought me here.

Is it too late to get SOS programmed into the blinky modes? I have never asked for SOS in any of my flashlights, but then again I have never encountered a flashlight that seems to whisper "take me somewhere as dark and remote as possible". This is that light.

I want to take this light mountaineering. I bet this thing will be heavy with 8 cells loaded in. I want to justify that weight by knowing that, if I get in real trouble, I can tailstand this thing at the clouds, set it on SOS, and hunker down for a few hours.

I think I read a few posts back the blinky modes on the GT will be that of the Q8. If that is so, I think it makes sense to ditch the bike strobe (really?!) and drop in an SOS beacon.

Either way, I give my thanks to the community that make these lights possible. I already think the world of my Q8s.

or so :slight_smile:

I’m for simply blf-gt on the tailcap, perhaps in the same lettering as on the Q8, perhaps even the same way, with manufacturer logo in between (the Lumintop bunny in this case)

Stricty, for me coming from an exact background, it should be blf- m t because it is about reaching the mega-candela, giga is 1000 times too much. But it was decided early in the process that giga sounded better.

The simpler we make the logo the better. This flashlight is not about some logo after all.
It is still hard to believe this project has made it this far and right now is actually being manufactured somewhere in a factory! I remember I almost lost hope when the first negotiations were not successful ( IIRC ) and the thread got silent.

What ever is decided I think BLF needs to be on TOP, Lumintop below, in honor of the Miller and Crew! IF Lumintop wants to change after all and said is done with the group buy, so be it, it will make the ones we have even more Special!

Just saying! :innocent:

I think Djozz’s idea is very good, but i think Lumintop deserves to have their brand name on it too.
By the way, there’s a dedicated topic for the logo:

I would love to be added to the list. I have tried but haven’t been sent any private messages.
Either way if possible can I be added to the list.

Thanks

Anyone know where i can find the BLF Q8 logo?

Please add me to the next available list. I’m a bit lost in the 8k of comments :blush:

Was this the logo you were looking for?

Add me to the list,

I first saw this a month ago on YOUTube, and wow this looks awesome. Thanks everyone for your input, hard work and making this available.

At page 70 there is a design of the GT with blf gt on it. But anyway this is about the BLF GT made by Lumintop, so these 3 has to be on the light: BLF-GT-Lumintop. Simple and true, this is what it’s all about.

I hope this isn’t too over the top, but how about the
BLF
BFL

Budget light forum
Big “friggin” light

Of course, if people ask, acronym stands for Behemoth Firing Lantern . Keeping it clean

nahh…

This light was conceived, designed by the Gentlemen in BLF which eventually decided to name it the GT.

The Giggles name does not qualify nor even has any bearing or connection to these Gentlemen’ hard work.

Hence, no other name is more fitting than the “GT”. Some other name might sound exciting, but they will have no historical value at all.

So my vote for BLF GT to be printed. (The design/font to be determined.)

No offense to Lumintop, but for me perhaps they deserve a bunny logo on the GT’s head, that’s all ( as the factory that made the Gentlemen’s concept/design )

All credit must go to where it’s due.

x 1000……that giggles never set well with me either
sounds like a flashlight you would give to your little kindergarten girl to take to school or something…… ughhh

the belcher, big daddy fart -knocker, etc , would be more in line
you know, something big and manly :stuck_out_tongue: :+1:

If anyone is interested, Illumn is discounting some Xtar chargers with no coupon code required, and 20% off Folomov A Series Quick Chargers for Black Friday. Just thought I would mention it. Here is the website: https://www.illumn.com/

I’m pretty sure that the firmware has already been finalized.

Honestly, though, an SOS strobe would be no more useful in an emergency situation than any other strobe mode. The most important part of getting rescued is making sure somebody knows where you are going and when you are expected to return. If nobody knows you’re missing or stranded, a flashing light will not help much; few people know Morse code and even fewer would see a flashing light as bright as the GT and think that it’s a person in need of help. If people are looking for you because you’re overdue or because you were able to radio for help, I would expect any bright, flashing light to be just as effective as SOS for helping rescue teams locate you.

Just want to make sure this is seen here in this thread, Posted By Jerommel BFL GT/Lumintop logo

This looks legit.

For some reason I really dig their Hare(?) logo.

Not sure if this was one of the original design options, but I do like this one……….
hmmm……….for some reason I cant copy/paste the images.
Anyway, post 8 by Jerommel here…

The first one looks great to me, with one exception. I agree w/ KawiBoy1428,

I see xCentrino had similar thoughts, but types faster.