[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

nahh…

This light was conceived, designed by the Gentlemen in BLF which eventually decided to name it the GT.

The Giggles name does not qualify nor even has any bearing or connection to these Gentlemen’ hard work.

Hence, no other name is more fitting than the “GT”. Some other name might sound exciting, but they will have no historical value at all.

So my vote for BLF GT to be printed. (The design/font to be determined.)

No offense to Lumintop, but for me perhaps they deserve a bunny logo on the GT’s head, that’s all ( as the factory that made the Gentlemen’s concept/design )

All credit must go to where it’s due.

x 1000……that giggles never set well with me either
sounds like a flashlight you would give to your little kindergarten girl to take to school or something…… ughhh

the belcher, big daddy fart -knocker, etc , would be more in line
you know, something big and manly :stuck_out_tongue: :+1:

If anyone is interested, Illumn is discounting some Xtar chargers with no coupon code required, and 20% off Folomov A Series Quick Chargers for Black Friday. Just thought I would mention it. Here is the website: https://www.illumn.com/

I’m pretty sure that the firmware has already been finalized.

Honestly, though, an SOS strobe would be no more useful in an emergency situation than any other strobe mode. The most important part of getting rescued is making sure somebody knows where you are going and when you are expected to return. If nobody knows you’re missing or stranded, a flashing light will not help much; few people know Morse code and even fewer would see a flashing light as bright as the GT and think that it’s a person in need of help. If people are looking for you because you’re overdue or because you were able to radio for help, I would expect any bright, flashing light to be just as effective as SOS for helping rescue teams locate you.

Just want to make sure this is seen here in this thread, Posted By Jerommel BFL GT/Lumintop logo

This looks legit.

For some reason I really dig their Hare(?) logo.

Not sure if this was one of the original design options, but I do like this one……….
hmmm……….for some reason I cant copy/paste the images.
Anyway, post 8 by Jerommel here…

The first one looks great to me, with one exception. I agree w/ KawiBoy1428,

I see xCentrino had similar thoughts, but types faster.

Kind of like this? Credit for the original image goes to Jerommel… here BLF GT logo discussion.

Bringing it over from the other thread:

I think both are great, the first as it is, or the second on the tailcap.

I’m not terribly concerned with the logo as long as it has some subtlety and class. This light has a nice, simple industrial design and pairing it with gaudy graphic design would be a shame. Please no “giggles” or Comic Sans!

Haha, so we’re doing logo’s in both topics then…

in the GT logo topic: BLF GT logo discussion. - #36 by Jerommel - BLF Special Edition Products - BudgetLightForum.com

I like this personally. Although it would most likely be printed on the area below the switch is I think what we are planning on now as we have no way to line up the head to make sure it looks ok. By placing it below the switch it will always be lined up with the switch.

A GT in that font that was used on the DEL driver at one point with lumintop (only fair to print the lumintop name on the light somewhere, they are doing this, for this price mainly for advertising) for the tailcap would round it out well. Then just the CE, rohs ect to figure out.

Whoever earlier posted that giggles has nothing to do with the team is dead wrong. TA bestowed the name on the prototype and he has had a massive amount to do with this beast. Just sayin

That’s not going on the battery tube flats? What happened to the suggestion regarding eliminating some or all of the battery tube flats?

It’s the name ‘giggles’, not the person.

l like this.

Yes, it looks nice!

Sweet, TA very nice!

I think these look great……. :+1:

My 2 cents; I’m not sure I could care less about the logo…

JUST BUILD IT ALREADY!!! :smiley: