[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

That's some weeks now that I've followed from times to times this thread, but I'm still unsure to jump in the wagon. Apart from the technical aspects and the need to posess a refined, uberspec'd item or just the giggle factor, I don't see clearly the business case in this light. I mean that I'm trying to be a "reasonable" being, therefore seeking relevancy in my decisions or taking them at least trying to, and here I'm not sure how I could use this light. Infact I have some metaphysical flashaholic questions :)

How do you plan to use it guys?

I wanted to give 10 Dollars Donation to the Team, but I only paid 1 Dollar. Why can`t I update the quantities for Donation?

Robert

Moin Moin

From northern Germany

GT ordered :+1:
:smiley: My thanks to all who made this great project possible :+1:

Regards

Jens Gimm

Just put it 10x in the shopping cart. :smiley:

Well, I can’t speak for anyone else in here but i have a tavern about a block away from my house across a field and i’ll be using it to check on that, as well as other little things in my quaint little township.
it will light things farther than any of my other LED lights without the wait time of my HID as well as the fact that it’s less cumbersome then my Xenon SA lights… hell, even my wife and kids can use GT. (i don’t let them near my maxabeam! lol)

You can also donate to the BLF Team here.

It’s like choosing between an economy car or a performance car. Nobody needs 500+ horsepower, but if it’s well within your budget, why not? Just buy it for fun.

The GT is basically 2 lights in one. The stock version that can blast a medium sized hotspot over a mile OR a xhp70.2, 6000 lumen light that can blast a big hotspot half (or more) that distance. I’m sure I can find a use for one of those versions.

Plus there is not going to be a more powerful thrower come onto the market any time soon, so why not buy it now and save some money? If Cree ever releases the xhp35.2 that can do 4,000 lumen, we can easily upgrade our GT to it, easily bump up the current and stay on top of the list as the longest throwing led flashlight.

Don’t you want to trick people into thinking a UFO is landing? Lol

I hade the exact same question.
Look on side 313 for some answers.

I didnt either know what to actually do with the light. But its just such a monstrous beast with a good pricetag, so i decided to get on the list.

If im not going to use it, i can let my dad borrow it when hes out hunting,or maybe sell it to my uncle.

I’ll use it on the beach . Walking the dog . To blind the neighbor two towns over lol

Sorry Texas_Ace, but I did sign up for two GTs early !
See page one of this thread. Number 360 and 361.
There simply was no hint that said that I had to pay the downpayment twice. So I exactly did what was written in the downpayment message I got. That´s the point.

JPLight, I see the Miller has your first light at #324 and your second light at #648 as per post #3.

See post #3 for info of how they give precedence to the first time buyers and those with 2nd and 3rd orders are pushed further back.

It’s confusing to me, so I can’t explain it.

I really can’t say exactly what happened. Miller was in charge of all that but I know he went about it in a 100% upright manner.

If you were eligible to get a second light for the cheaper price you would have received a second down payment PM to that effect. If you did not, then that means all the slots were filled before it got to your second light.

Miller went in the sign up order, everyone got 1 GT to start out with and there were still a few extra slots left over so a few people got the chance to get a 2nd light for the discount as well.

Without Miller being here there is really nothing else I can offer, I was not involved with that except as an outside observer.

Right, you only pay one down payment. You only get one GT @ $115. You can only order one now. The second won’t require a down payment, PM might come in another week or so. I know it’s long, but the info is in the thread many many times.

I will use the GT to shine the fields near my home to look for deer and predators and to check on my tip-ups that I set across the lake from my cabin.

Did she come with a lanyard?

oh common, you will find more unsreasonable flashlight, for ex, a 3000$ light that is custom made, and the brightness is not even higher than 20$ flashlight, LOL :stuck_out_tongue:

This is correct.

…………………………………………

This is not correct.

Ordered the GT ! thanks for all the efforts put in to this light .

Please add me to the list.

“Please add me to the list”