[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Awsome! Thanks for calculating that!! …
and it shows that a deeper reflector doesn`t add that much weight…
I truly mean we should go for a “knock out” on the current “thrower-king”! :+1: :wink:

Why don`t take the thrower throne with a GIGA leap then!? :wink:

And the TN42 has a propotion of 1:1 in reflector measurement, so why don`t follow up, but just make it bigger?
I belive that 1:1 measure is what it takes to make it a winner, as the TN42 right now.

Would be nice whit a test setup whit specified LED and reflector! Just to see the output and actual numbers. Even a 4:3 reflector with specified LED would be interesting to see in such a test. :slight_smile:

And for the measures: The GT will be big anyway, so why not make it that GT we dream about?
thijsco just showed that weight wouldn`t be an issue with that +–200grams.

Are we just playing around or do we go all inn? Come on mr.J… hehehe :wink:

If we see just on this digram, 120mm in depth seem to be a pretty number… 80% light collected!! :smiley:

Im sorry but it seem to a bit of that last diagram…
A = π · r · r = 60mm · 60mm · π = 11.309,74 mm2 (I`m not trying to teach you math, because I know you are the king in that :wink: )

In this picture, upper right, you will see the same number as I have shown…

Anyway: I like your work, and it shows us some facts to consider in this build! NICE! :smiley:

You forgot to subtract the area of the circle formed by the focal plane of the reflector.
Everything below the focal point does absolutely nothing to the beam since it does not reflect the LED.
So basically take your pi*60^2 and subtract pi*bottom hole radius^2.
The deeper the reflector is the smaller the bottom circle becomes.
See [PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping. - #1791 by Enderman for referece.

Ahhh…….
I tought is was a bit odd that you didn`t do it right with an equation, an I should have trusted my gut-feeling for that! hahaha :person_facepalming:

…I`ll never doubt your math again, never ever again!! lol :innocent:

Haha it’s ok, always good to have people question you because that’s usually how you catch mistakes or learn new things.

:+1: NICE!

Poll a bit depayed due to some time needed for completion of certain designs.

But it doesn’t say anything about the focussing of the ‘corona’.

I don`t care about x and y usually, but in this tread I have been “addicted”! …and my wife shakes her head at all this… LOL :smiley:

But for some reason ther hasn`t been any pictures of the actual difference from deep vs. shallow reflectors…like something everybody can see, and understand…

So I found this:

What do other in this tread think about this image?

Interesting.
The shallow one seems to have a denser hotspot, probably because it’s wider at the base.

The spill is more powerful.

My VPN blocked me opening that link as it has been reported hazardous… :confounded:
…service worth every penny… :partying_face:

will make a beamshot for Uking review (I modded it with the good parts of a kronos X5)
Sigh I thought the review was ready, but indeed a good chance to show some impact of reflectors
I will take comparing pics of 4 lights with the same driver/led/tail switch combo in different housings:
All good stuff of kronos X5/X6 (XPLhi/driver/lighted tail)
Convoy C8 OP reflector
Uking
kronos X6 (waits for taking the good stuff out to be placed n a nice host)
Atrolux X5 counterpart (this will be another cell but hey.

I am in for one.

Looking forward to it! :+1: :slight_smile:

My assumption is that the closer the reflector is to the LED, the more spread there is and the less it contributes to throw.
EasyB’s claim is that the throw/lux is proportional to the front area.
If you combine the two, it actually makes sense because the closer the reflector is to the LED the less area there is reflecting the LED, which in turn offers less improvement to throw/lux.
So basically increasing the depth will increase the amount of light collected, but the amount of throw/lux will look similar to graph #2 where it showed the area.

No it doesn’t say anything about how large the corona is or hotspot is, but it does show that the “diminishing returns” come sooner for lux than it does for lumens.

Click on the image to view full resolution

5ar design v0.6

I hope you like it, tomorrow I will publish photorealistic renderings.

That’s incredible 5ar.

Awsome 5ar!! :smiley:

Should i say WOW!!!

I WANT IT! :wink: