[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

If 5ar feels he was treated disrespectfully, then he can speak for himself, or as he chose to do, just leave and not speak.
You speaking for him is not helping anything other than start more arguments, and I highly doubt your own thoughts represent exactly what he feels.
Please just calm down and try to “white knight” less.

Oh, I was looking in the profile menu, not the messages menu, thanks.

I do apologize to this tread, and to the team, that I have been arguing alot and had posted posts that did`t cointained anything positive…

:innocent:

I like the head of design1 but the tube of design2 looks more practical in use and has a nicer look to it. Not that it really matters to me just saying.

This mob rule crap is exactly why i left this project.
Armchair dictators who don’t even know what they’re talking about but can’t seem to put a sock in it.

O well…

…and yes, i can be a jerk too…
Life sucks and then you marry one…

For projects like this the people running/starting it need to keep a lot of control over it with the final decision.
Giving too many options to people never turns out too good.
At least the Q8 project seems to be progressing well since they already have the aesthetics finalized, not much can go wrong with a popcan light :stuck_out_tongue:

I voted in the past but really do like both. Both would sell!

The big difference in how the outside design of the Q8 went compared to this was that I was on top of things and implemented all things practical asap so even though the sketches were of poor quality, all BLFers giving input knew action was taken so nobody felt the need to come with new designs. The design evolved and became what it is now.

The handle of the one would look good on the head of the other.
Either way, good luck.

He is not treated with disrespect, at least not by us. We respect him and are grateful that he has worked with us and made the original design.
We have discussed with him whether we could use his design or not and he was okay with it.

So having said that, keep it on topic.
Vote for the option you like, if you have constructive criticism about one of the design please tell us here.
There is a reason the vote topic is locked, we dont want a lot of off topic nonsense chatter.

Again, keep it on topic!

Your welcome, my pleasure. :+1:

Well said Jerommel!

(However, it could possibly seem to some) you (showed a couple of) things with your post…

• have not left cause you still seem to have an interest and are posting
  • (Are you actually different than the) people you are (referring to)

Oh well is right, it is what it is. :wink:

Edits in

Post #2502

For any of us that might not keep up with current events. :wink:

yay the circus is back in town

Cheers David

Seriously… What the hell did you do with 5ar’s design? It looks exactly as plain as fritz design did in the first poll… Why even bother with this poll when you’ve obviously already done everything to have fritz design win?

Hi everyone, please be very careful with the tone of your posts, and please don’t be rude.

Those who are starting to see rudeness hits on their accounts should check here and edit or delete the posts in question:
http://budgetlightforum.com/my-problem-posts

Two rings around the front of the head were removed because they were just for aesthetics and had no function other than complicate machining.
The “extrusions” or whatever it’s called on the front bezel had their edges softened and now there are more of them.
The heat fins around the LED were optimized for better cooling.
The tailcap has the rear switch removed and flattened for better tailstand.
The huge anti-roll extrusions around the tailcap were removed.

It’s very easy to see all these differences by just looking at the two images:

Also now that the same rendering program/settings is applied to both designs it is a lot easier to compare the two :slight_smile:

+1 :beer:

Cheers
Nico

BTW: lets cut the crap and discussions, vote and then the final verdict will be executed. Simple as that.
Design is important but in the end, the light actually being produced and being up to specified performance is what it’s really about!

The entire point of this light is performance, I could care less what it looks like in the end :slight_smile:
My flashlights are PVC sewer pipes but as long as they throw 3km+ I’m happy.