[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Well list updated
AND now that a basic design is chosen I can start finding a manufacturer.
Will report back on this when we have news, just know we are working on it.

Interested!! Put me in the list please

Interested!

Nice to see you check in on this light, Michael. If it can hit 1 Mcd stock, you sure would have the highest probability of anyone I know of making 2 Mcd with it.

I really like the option of twin 18650 battery pods. single for short run times and duel for longer outings. Will the cell tube come in two pieces like the L2? Man! this is going to be one sweet lumenator. :smiley:

Some people decided earlier that no because it adds complication and looks worse, but I would still think of it as a possibility.

I’m in depending on price.

Honestly, one pod or two it does not matter. This BLF GIGA THROWER is going to ROCK!! :smiley: Even if some don’t care for the design, there going to want one. WHY? Cause it’s going to be an amazing creation at an unheard of value!! I feel I need to say thank you to everyone involved in the process of making this come to life. THANK YOU! :smiley: :smiley: And for welcoming me into the group, I’ll probably need therapy afterwards but hay. Wait, I am in therapy. :open_mouth:

No, 1 tube for both carriers, with the option to leave one carrier empty.
This is:
1 easier to manufacture
2 easier nice looks (no two short tubes that need to align)
3 better for the balance even when using only 4 cells, just use the carrier closest to the tail and the cell weight is behind the hand balancing the head weight in front.(just hold a full glass (wine sized) bottle horizontally two ways, one holding it in the middle and then on the neck. Now imagine the GT weighs as much as 3 of those 75cl bottles and you want to walk with it for more then 2 minutes, the importance of balance should be clear after holding it these ways a couple of minutes :wink: )

Welcome to BLF! Will update the list later.

Hello, quite interesting forum and tons of info. I completely changed my view on flashlights since reading BLF.

Please, count me for one of these.

Yep, also please put me on the list for one of these, thanks!

Welcome to BLF!
Will update the list later :wink:

Please add me to the list.

Will do!

Welcome to BLF, nice to hear this!
OP udated

And since we ask so much of a manufacturer on this I decided not to start a topic on CPF for it.
I expect some sort of limitation on the total number of GTs for the groupbuy come up at a certain time so want to keep the list in 1 topic/place.

Interested, please do add me in the list. :)

I think that’s a good call. The list is already getting large enough that it’s going to be tough for a manufacturer to hand out that many at around the hundred dollar mark without it hurting them too much. It may cost them every bit of a hundred bucks just to make this beast and then there’s the shipping. Personally I think if it’s under $125 I doubt people are going to drop out. That said, I do like the sound of an even hundo much better. :wink:

Agreed. But if it takes more than the $100 mark to do it right…. so be it. :+1:
The main thing to me personally is that it be the best that it can be… not the price.
If that surpasses the wishful target of $100, no problem. :slight_smile:

Technically it would cost several thousand dollars to make it the “best it can be” so we have to set some boundaries.

Technically”, you are correct. :+1:
What I was trying to convey was that if it cost, say $130; to do it right… let us not be constrained by a wishful $100 limit and end up with a piece of crap. :wink: