[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Just don’t link to BLF or anything in a review on CPF and all is well TA. Friendly folks (lots of BLFers are active there as well)
The ones wanting one can find it easy with a name like BLF GT prototype :wink:

I dont think so m8 : Even if they did they are banned already :wink: They love no reasons ban over there

Why are you scared?
I am not familiar with cpf, but i read some posts that said that they tend to act superior and be hoity-toity why is that?

Admins are strickt and budget is not their focus. Hence BLF was born.
However keep to the rules and it just another group of people loving flashlights.
Got nice responses to the Q8, not a lot but still nice.

If I had a GT proto review I would certainly go through it to remove all links and post it. How cool is it to be able to show something this awesome pushing the current stock LED throwers to second place.

When I left they seemed to think it was Surefire or nothing. Even now they seem to be talking about the same products from years ago (i.e. Malkoff drop-ins(which I’m sure are great)), and aren’t as open to budget brands.

Wouldn’t Lumintop have a good reputation?

Well Miller there wont be hosts for sure, i was hoping to see GT in a host form too

Klarus for isntance are quite friendly and open to nearly everything, Maxtorch too, not to mention Simon, or those guys from Eagle eye

It is one of “those” sites that is more worried about money, rules and “being in the club” then anything else.

I used to be a member over there years ago but it was a very unpleasant experience. For one thing they were VERY closed minded, new ideas were not just met with criticism but were downright belittled even if they were good ideas and proven over time.

They have so many rules it is almost impossible to keep track of them. Hence why I am scared to post anything.

They also REALLY enjoy banning anyone that doesn’t tow the company line.

I really don’t like being told what I can or can’t do, I am always looking forward for the next bright idea and I refuse to pay extra for something unless I get a worthwhile tangible benefit for my extra money, I also hate “brand names”, I got out of my way to hide them if I own them or not buy them if there is an alternative. So I don’t fit in with a crowd like that very well

Basically they are a good example of why I quit the internet, BLF has been the only exception for the last several years.

heheh do I have permission to post your review TA?

Mitko, at the $150 price point buying a GT would be cheaper then an empty host of a $200-$250 light.
besides the driver is pretty versatile and allows for a relatively easy swap to XHP70(.2) or 12V leds.
If I had to choose between $150 for a full light
or
$150 (to give a random estimate :D) to $190 + shipping of ~$30 for one without driver and LED
it doesn’t seem a very hard choice :slight_smile:

Yeah I’m just excited because I was like 20 over the list of the first 555 but I guess enough people backed out that I got in somehow so I am stoked.

Miller, i was talking on a long term base m8, yearly long term…i know what will happen now, those tonsa hunters arround me will see the light and will start whining…

That torch design will last for years, literaly…like C8( i think C8 will last forever you know)

200$ for a host….well, i was hoping for 100 or something, but it wont happen

indeed, for a 150 its a great light

about 20-30 asked for cancellation
Some did not pay (or are late)
a large part of those have indeed lost interest
So that is why all who asked for 1 can get one at $111, pretty nice.
Also nice that even some second GTs will be able to be bought for $111, and we know the chances are those are going to show up in modding threads first, very cool!

Of coure it would be great if the groupbuy GTs sparks interest outside BLF and it becomes a known light for a long time.
It just is a huge heavy light, shipping, material and the reflector all do not come in cheap,
But who knows, maybe Maxtoch would want to make a host in similar size, or indeed Convoy, that would be nice for sure

You just got to know the right people, keep it on the down low and not run your mouth! :stuck_out_tongue:

Lumintop, Trustfire, Thrunite and Convoy have been very very kind to me!! :wink:

If giggles proves to be popular I am betting that lumintop could be talked into a host version of the light with enough interest. Although I am also guessing that the cost of a host after this GB will be the same or more then a full light at the $150 price.

So might as well get some extra lights now to use as hosts. The driver can be made to work with basically any LED you could want as well with some component changes, so really the only thing to change is the LED.

I will look into posting it later, give them one last shot I guess. I have a feeling that it will devolve into complaints about the beamshots not being perfect before the first page if they are anything like they used to be.

It would be nice if (ALL) Manufacture’s had a spare parts page in their website/catalog like Trustfire has. Then you can get what you need when you want. If it’s not listed, you can contact the service dept, and they will contact you by e-mail per your request of it’s availability? :wink:

http://www.trustfire.com/en/flashlight-spare-parts.html

don’t be afraid of cpf, lots of great folks over there and many great modders.

yes, there are rules and yes, money is often not a problem.

We all have the same hobby after all!

1. - done

Glad to know some slots have opened in the first 555 at $111. :slight_smile:

While i went through the process i couldn’t shake off the impression i was committing to an order for some kind of alien technology… The size of it as i’ve seen on some pictures is outright intimidating. :smiling_imp:

With he 111 does that include shipping ??