[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Save them for high powered lights and put cheap NCRB’s in it

Now that I’ve seen the light in a video and it’s so darn impressive…

add me to the list, please.

Thanks,
Jason

Welcome to BLF!
Will update list later!

sparkyDK and all, there is no obligation :smiley: only get a GT if you really like it, can easy pay for it, feel comfortable with the process (lots of waiting, sometimes hectic and maybe even strange) or are willing to accept it and feel totally comfortable with it being heavy, big and using matched and married cells in series.

Add me to the list.

The buck driver is very borderline with the voltage needed from the cells and the voltage required to power the XHP35 HI at high amps, the 2.25A or so targeted. It stays in regulation for a period, but better low resistance cells will extend that time of regulation. I would not recommend NCRB's for this light, specially protected ones, because I would want it to be in regulation for as long as possible.

Would the driver work better with 4,35 V cells or not?

Actually, the limited power that ’this caliber’ light runs on could well be provided by one 18650 (would require an effort in developing a suiting boost driver for the 12V XHP35), so the question is not at all as dumb as you make it sound. One of the earlier designs (the design is a done deal but it is still my favourite one :wink: ) was a lightweight and compact box-style GT with a handle, with the 12cm reflector but with just 2 or 4 18650’s.

Saw the YouTube video and that’s a light worth waiting on. Add me to the list.

I have extras of the following cells so I was wondering…

Pro’s and Con’s of using 8x of the following cells in the BLF GT? (and also… NCR18650B question listed below)

Unprotected Button Top Samsung INR18650-30Q (for Emisar D4, Noctigon Meteor, BLF Q8)
Unprotected Button Top LG INR18650MJ1 (current go to cells for most of my lights)
Unprotected Flat Top LG INR18650MJ1 (current go to cells for most of my lights)
Unprotected Flat Top Panasonic NCR18650B (seems like an outdated cell, is there an application where this is needed over something like the MJ1/GA?)

Or for a light like this should I pony up and get 8 more Keeppower Sanyo NCR18650GA’s? Those are what I am currently running in my TM16GT, M3XS-UT, and TN42.

I was thinking about using MJ1s and just pulling some out of my shelf queens otherwise I have 8 Unprotected Flat Top Panasonic NCR18650B’s sitting inside a case with no use at this time. Do these cells even have a use with any current market flashlights or should some MJ/GA variant always work better with the slightly higher mAh. The big difference is the 6.7A of the NCRB’s vs 10A of many other choices correct?

I think there is only one prototype around with 8 cells, the other two are shorties with 4 cells. I don't know or recall what's been posted/tested previously - I thought there was runtime tests done on the 8 cell version, not sure where.. I would think the NCRB's are usable, will work ok, but not have as long runtime in regulation as lower resistance cells will.

Pretty sure the new carriers will require button tops - hope someone from the team could jump in here....

Please add me to the list for a second light.

The carriers are supposed to have removable plastic polarity protection. So you can remove the protection and run flat tops

My choice came down to NCR3500GA, grab 12 of them at NKON for 3.50$ pcs, and now just hope that plastic isolation will allow contact with raised top of GA

If it is still possible, I too would like to be added to the list.

this was mentioned on reddit so I finally made an account. this looks ridiculous, add me to the list please!

I read somewhere earlier that you could buy protected batterier along with this light for about 7 $ a piece. But can lumintop deliver it to Europe if banggood cant ship batteries ?

Good question, idk now, but surely will :wink:

Welcome 3! new members to BLF!
Will update list later, no worries

Batteries when shipping with falshlight can be shipped as built in but must be isolated to prevent contact. So no problem with DHL due to weigh but with two package option I am not sure?

What are you going with, ond or two package deal?

DHL (neighbour) :sunglasses: , as long as Lumintop is willing to declare smaller value of package It’s fine with me…