[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

The $40.50 deal is only available with the GT. They have a separate slightly more expensive deal listed.

Although right now I would recommend waiting to order the cells with the light until we establish the demand for the cells and can figure out the supply. Plus you save a few bucks.

I though it was open too now, M4D M4X did post a link to the batteries on his website. They are $42.50 if purchased separately/unrelated to the GT.

I’ll let M4D M4X confirm before posting the link, but one can find it on their own.

Thanks again for doing this, you have no idea how helpful it is! :+1:

You are #1276 on my list.

I’m not sure what list you are looking at but when I search your name on The Millers list on the first post of this thread, it has your name spelled correctly at #1099 on the list. Do a Ctrl + F to search your name on page one of the thread to verify.

Its my pleasure.

Anyone heard of Liter energy battery? From preferential batteryies shop on AliExpress? They had some Panasonic NCR18650b with protection will those work in the GT?

Paid! Plus $1 for the team.

Thanks!

Yes, they should work fine if they are button tops or you can solder blob them.

TA, since your here and have personally handled the prototype, do you know if a smaller mcpcb will work with the GT reflector?

Like you, I want to try adding a xhp70.2 (and maybe a CW xhp35 as well), but typical star sizes are 20mm. Maybe 27mm.

Will a 20mm fit or does it need to be the big 35mm size?

Order complete :smiley:

1x GT, 8x batteries, and donation.

A big thank you to the BLF GT team.

I’m in group 555 :wink:

Thanks TA! I ordered some a couple weeks ago in case there was no battery GB and they should arrive Monday. Still yet to see if they are proper and genuine… if they rubbish I’ll have to take the Samsung 35E’s with my light… it’s the only reason I haven’t completed my purchase yet

You can just add the cells ( i think we wrote that many times already ;))

GT paid for with registered mail and a few extra $ for the team. Thanks Neal!

I already 8 protected batteries I had purchased for this light so I didn’t need the Samsungs though whey were tempting.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that I got bumped up to the 555 group.

Made payment but no Neal email :question:

Paid and emailed Neal.

I didn’t see an option to select shipping, I have no idea how mine is coming. :slight_smile:

Ordered and donated but I’m a monumental idiot and despite checking thrice Paypal decided to leave the state out of my address. Everything else is correct, street, city, zipcode and country but state is missing. I really hope I didn’t throw a wrench in the process.

There should be a large copper DTP available for both the 70.2 and 35, as well as the 50.2. Maxtoch does the 70.2 and XM-L footprint (50.2) and Noctigon has a 32mm multi emitter board that should work for the XP footprint.

Should be available in all cases through Richard.

A 20mm would have clearance issues with the reflector centering ring for sure. 25mm could work with new holes drilled to mount it.

Although best to use the factory mcpcb if possible or one of the larger ~32mm mcpcb’s options.

I am ordering the XHP70.2 LED’s this weekend to try in the prototype. If it works out Lumintop has said they will consider getting some XHP70 mcpcb’s produced if there is demand for it (it is a $650 minimum order, so I that is understandable).

So with those mcpcb’s and a new sense resistor an xhp70.2 swap would be basically drop in.

I will post the results once the xhp70.2’s shows up and I test them. Might also test an xhp50.2 if the mcpcb for it shows up (ordering it for another build anyways).

Since I didn’t receive Neal’s e-mail (for whatever reason), I sent him an e-mail with my BLF user id, phone, and Paypal transaction number to both of his e-mail addresses. I hope that works.