[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Yes got it !!
Finally I got the screws like you show in your picture to go in.
They could only screw in the 2 end gates but wont go in the 2 middle gates.
Regardless finally got to charge some 10180`s.

Thank you JasonWW, I would not have gone back and tried again if not for you.

Still no email from Neil ,did receive an email from PayPal confirming payment but if Neil is busy packing boxes for Christmas I will forgive him LOL

Just check your spam folder. or sent email that same you sent payment, with your blf name and phone number.

And yeah… we all waiting neal gift :slight_smile:

For me with registered mail, it must be next year

Hi Teacher,
First there were no instructions,
Then I could not work out how to use the small screws and metal pieces to charge 10180`s.
Thanks to JasonWW I had another go and finally got the screws to go in BUT ONLY in the first and last slots , Would not screw in the 2 middle slots no matter how hard I tried.
Does not seem to have 0V activation.
Would not wake any of my ` Dead` batteries even thou it claims to do that.!
The metal connectors at the top of the slots that connect to the top of the battery are very small, It is really ` Fiddly ` trying to get 10440`s and even 18650`s to connect.
The screens are very small, It is a little hard to read and is in black /white and there is a lot of info in a small window.
I just do not think it is quality built.
Look I am just a little hard to please when it comes to chargers and maybe I am being a little hard on this charger.

Here are some pics I took ` really quickly ` sorry .
Just got my Xtar Dragon today and so far am impressed.
But the charger I really like is my Skilhunt MD4.
Cheap, Does 300-500-700 and1000mA , gives the time charging and the shows the amount of mAh charged in every battery.
Big slots, big connectors. and CHEAP .

I will take and post some better pictures tomorrow… ( 3.30am here ) need to get to bed.

I am no expert by the way.

Hope this helps you but any questions please just ask.

Cheers, Mick

Thanks Zozz :slight_smile:

Thanks Velocraig

Even with those 10180 adapters, the 100mA charge rate might be too high for them. Since most 10180 cells are in the 60mah to 80 mah range, a good charge rate for them would need to be closer to 50mA. I would just check their temperature while charging to make sure they don’t get too hot. Their number of “charge cycles per life” might be reduced using the higher charge rate. I wouldn’t worry too much. 10180 cells are pretty cheap.

Ps, in looking at the specs and price of the Xtar Dragon ($75, 4 x 1A, 4 charge rates) I would say the Miboxer C4-12 has it beat. ($45, 4 x 3A, 10 charge rates) There are more features that have to be compared than just the 3 I mentioned, so you really have to study them to see what suits your needs best.

Good find. They are all on Amazon as well. Direct from the manufacturer. I use a similar neoprene cap for my hunting rifle scope that stretches over both ends. Works better than any of the half dozen plastic caps I’ve tried.

Does this light come wiv a pocket clip?

There were some prototype clips made from a truck leaf spring a couple months ago, but they just weren’t strong enough. :confounded:

Not sure I follow you, explain? Watching my spam (junk)folder nothing from him there

Gunslinger686…. If you have not received the Email from Neil send him a PM with your ……

1. Forum Username
2. Phone Number
3. PayPal Transaction Number

Tell him you did not receive the email from him & here is the info.

Title PM something like… DID NOT Receive email, here is my info.

Please add me to the list if it is not too late, this thing looks awesome! I am getting sucked in so fast, just bought the Q8 yesterday and neeed this one too!

Is there going to be a shorty tube? Makes it a bit easier to take with you :slight_smile:

Be prepared to spend some money. It won’t be your last flashlight for sure. :money_mouth_face:

I joined some time ago, and bought some flashlights. Then I bought a Nitecore TM06, and didn’t feel the need for any other flashlight. So I forgot about this forum a while. And started with custom knives instead. But I lost the interest gradually So now I have knives for like 5grand laying around… that sucks…

And now I’m back here lol.
Already bought a manker mk35, and a some other flashlights for the few weeks I’ve been back. Feels good to be back :smiley:

A short tube would be nice. :laughing:

There aren’t any plans for a short tube, but maybe once production gets caught up (in Feb or March?) Lumintop might consider it along with spare drivers and spare mcpcb’s. For right now they are just focused on making the lights and selling them.

Ps, everyone that has used the short tube has said it’s very unbalanced and adds strain to your wrist. This is why the long tube was chosen for production versions.

Sounds good to me. :smiley:

It’s nice to see this thread slowing down. I guess when people start getting shipping notices it will get crazy again, like with the Q8 thread.

Nvanlaar’s links for page 367.

The Millers Original List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 12

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 8

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT