[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

This is true.
Instead of the ANSI .25 lux standard, the distance to 1 lux is more realistic for real world use.
Especially due to the atmosphere and humidity which reduces the intensity at a faster rate.
This means the GT is useful to about 1000-1500m.
Also, this depends on the type of object you’re shining it on.
A white building will be very visible but a bunch of dark green trees will be a lot less.

please add me to the list

Can you PLEASE stop reading my mind ? :innocent:

for 2, 3, 4, etc

Yes, what your refering to is the ANSI-FL1 distance specification and the “effective” distance.

ANSI-FL1 measures distance out until the light level drops to 1/4 lux. This is about moonlight on a clear night with a full moon. Obviously it’s not very practical but it is a strict set of calculations that help people compare different lights.

“Effective” distance can vary from person to person, but it is usually 1/3 to 1/2 the rated distance. I’m like Waylon, I find about 1/3 the rated distance to be about right. I also substitute feet for meters as it makes the math easy. So if I want to see clearly out to 600 feet, I need a light that is rated at 600 meters throw.

Since the GT is rated at about 2200 meters, I know I will get a nice bright hotspot out to about 2200 feet. To spot a person sized object at that distance puts me in binocular territory. Lol

What do you mean by this?

Are you asking to be put on the list for more lights?

You may want one more for a XD16, they do look promising (have not seen them in the wild yet though)

TA I was wondering while an already established flashlight company like Lumintop would not be able to ship out flashlights without a certain single employee being present. It makes more sense that Neal getting all the particulars settled and Lumintop then shipping lights on their own. At least we don’t have to fear Neal’s wedding date!! Either way I am glad that they are working hard to get it right the first time. What is worrisome is the Millers absence. If anyone here knows him in real life, I wish they could check on him. He has never been gone this long since he joined Blf. I truly hope he is ok

I don’t think Neal works for Lumintop. He’s more of an outside contractor. He was working for Banggood back when this project started.

So Neal is basically doing this sale through his own little store with Madmax. I think it’s simpler, cheaper and easier for Neal to go to the Lumintop factory so he can supervise the quality control and packaging of the lights and ship them from there.

The alternative would be for him to rent a location and have Lumintop ship the lights there and then he works from his own little location. That would be worse as the lights would just sit there while Neal was away.

TA just said earlier that Neal is showing the Lumintop employees how to test, pack and ship the lights so we don’t have to wait 2 extra weeks. That sounds good to me.

I saw a holiday picture of The Miller with his family dated December 7th. So I think he’s doing fine and just needed a break from BLF as he’s been putting in so many hours here.

When you start taking these projects seriously, as the Miller does, it goes from fun to stressful real quick.

i have 9 codes for the GYRFALCON All-88 EU left...

only 50.5$ with the code: All88GIFTB

The last time I checked on him (a while into his absence on BLF) he said he was ok. :slight_smile:

It happened several times before that BLF members all of a sudden stop posting on BLF, perhaps when BLF has taken up a too large part of their life and all sorts of real obligations have developed. I would not be surprised if that happened to The Miller.
Some come back (a little less frequent), some don’t.

edit: Jason had the same thoughts :slight_smile:

Not to be rude, but Neal has to show Lumintop how to send flashlights to the rest of the world? That doesn’t sound very reliable if you ask me. The whole proces is a week behind schedule, but we don’t know what caused this? One of the leading team members, the Miller went offline without further notice. (Lot’s of credits to the rest of the team btw) And everyone is talking about the xhp 70? I payed for 2 GT’s (my son and me) + 8 battery’s and I have to hope that this 4 packets will survive the shipment in holliday season just before Christmas. I have lots of respect for the people working at this great project, but the finish seems a bit...well not what I had in mind.

^ I know that BLF projects start feeling different when you have hundreds of dollars put into them, but it still is a BLF project, so expect hickups to happen. Thusfar most projects have ended in receiving a flashlight that is well worth the money.

1+ I share your concern, I was cool with thinking that Neal will be there when first packages are shipped, but now knowing that he will leave instructions to Lumintop, kinda reminds me on The Miller absence and all troubles other team members had ….
Just hope that they will somehow manage to arrange all that demands for different value on packages and sort out everything in best possible way…

I agree. before I became a member I was paying full price for my Nitecore, Olight and Thrunite flashlights which everyone knows they are very expensive. I have ordered many BLF flashlights and have been amazed with the quality and price. Even though shipping can take quite some time for some, it was well worth the wait. :slight_smile: This was a huge project involving tons of money and time when all is said and done. The people here at BLF are amazing and I thank everyone involved for making me feel like part of something very special. THANK YOU :laughing: :laughing:

I am still behind this project for 100% and life is full of hick-ups and worse things. So don’t make a big deal of it. For me the most important thing is that Neal has a great wedding and a happy marriage. So please no discussion about it. It is what it is, and Lumintop will sort things out, they have a good reputation.

And the wait. I have no doubts this will be a spectacular light. Thankfully, I am in no rush and can wait.

Obviously Neal has to show them how to read his shipping list as to who gets batteries, who does not, what declared value to use, what goes in one box DHL and what goes in 2 boxes, etc… Then he has to show them how to pack the cells in the carrier with little protective stickers to stop battery flow. How to check the lights over and what to look for, etc… The boxes and manuals took extra time. QC took extra time. There has never been a set schedule. Lumintop and Neal have just been trying to do their best.

Do you remember what happened when the Q8 went out too soon? There were small issues that cropped up. Thorfire had to be reminded how to tighten screws without stripping them, etc… There are so many behind the scenes stuff that we are at least hearing about. Other companies would just say it’s delayed and that’s it. No more communication until a month later to say it’s delayed longer. That’s what’s frustrating.

I always suspected no lights would get shipped until January. The kicker is, Neal is probably going to have to dip into his pocket to pay some of the Lumintop employees to do what he planned to do just so we can get the lights sooner. That’s pretty impressive.

Nvanlaar’s links for page 375.

The Millers Original List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 12

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 8

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT