[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Yep…. It is real scary that you ask!! :person_facepalming: . :+1:

But it is good that you ask. This light is not a toy!!

Follow patmurris’s suggestions below & if you do not know about Lithium Ion batteries as well as the SAFE USE of THEM… Now would be a great time to cool your jets of GT enthusiasm & learn.

That way hopefully you will have a harmonious outcome with your GT. Otherwise it could be the beginning of a disaster for you. :wink:

This is also a good example of why I was so insistent about the polarity protection.

It is a small change that keeps people from dead shorting cheap cells and possibly causing them to vent fire.

It is this video you know… :slight_smile:

Yep… well said TA. :+1:

You need to use button top batteries. The ones that stick up a little on the positive end.

If you want to use some protected cells here is a list I made a ways back showing the best cells from 2 stores that are sponsors here.

Liion Wholesale:

Protected Panny B $7. Protection Cutoff Current: 5-7A (usually about 6A)

Protected Panny GA $8.49. Protection Cutoff Current: 12-13A

Protected LG INR18650MJ1 3500 mAh $7.95. Protection Cutoff Current: 12-13A
RMM aka Mountain Electronics:

Protected Panny B $9.65. Protection Cutoff Current: 7A

Protected Panny GA $9.95. Protection Cutoff Current: 10A

If you don’t want protected batteries you can get them cheaper. Samsung 30Q and 35E are very good choices and are about $5 each.

If you want 8 unprotected batteries, the light works on 4 or 8, we have a deal running on 8 button top Samsung 35E batteries for $40. These can be ordered at the same time you order the light and will be shipped together.

List Updated - Click to view latest list of names

Merry Christmas Everyone.

I can understand why he would ask… Who doesn’t want 10 amps per cell? The assumption is that the seller of those cells is telling the truth. I made that mistake also when I first started. But my mistake was in a 1 cell light. Once I found out my mistake I dumped the cells.

John P’, you need to take the advice given and spend some time learning about Li-Ion cells. They are absolutely wonderful used correctly, but they can be bombs if misused. They are not cells that can be misused or used without thinking and without knowledge.

Not quite halfway down on this page, a bit below the Eneloop cells is a bunch of safety disscussion about Li-Ion cell safety.

John P I have found Samsung 30q 18650 batteries are right there in the sweet spot of performance and run time. I use those for pretty any flashlight I have and they are typically affordable depending on where you live. Jason ww listed a couple of places you can get them from. At around 5 dollars US they are tough to beat and if treated with respect they are quite safe. Stay away from anything that claims an 18650 cell with over 3500 mah. They are false advertisement of a likely inferior and possibly dangerous cell. Educate yourself on lithium battery safety as it can save your life. Cheers!

Merry Christmas to you Coyotehawk and thanks for keeping up the list for us.

I believe it’s giving you the volume of solid material in your model.

The air volume is pi*4.5^2*19 = ~1208mm^3. 362+1208 = 1570.

Thanks TA and coyotehawk and please people! Please read and understand liion battery safety. We do not want anyone hurt here.

I just saw a picture of the GT next to the TN42. It makes the Thrunite look like an edc.

Why do you calc density?
You know the weight of the GT. This equals a volume of water .
If the GT displaces more volume than this water it will float.
1.8kg Water is 1.8 Liter or 1.8dm^3

Volume of the GT should be easy: two cylinders and a “Kegelstumpf” (sorry know only German maybe blunt cone)

Please add me to the group buy for the gigathrower flashlight.

The volume of the GT is below 1.8L for sure, you can see that by just looking at the measurements in post #1.

joechina, I think the English you want is truncated cone.

Lol! Show us :smiley:

Where did you see this picture? I don’t remember this comparison being made before.

Then it may have been a photoshop. Or I’m mistaken in my Christmas enthusiasm.
That was on another computer. I’ve tried to find it again on my phone but no luck.

Hello, will this bag be for GT?

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/JJC-Deluxe-Lens-Pouch-Bag-For-Sigma-150-600mm-F5-6-3-DG-OS-HSM-150/32342132589.html?spm=a219c.12010108.1000013.4.529943cdHV3fjq&traffic_analysisId=recommend_2088_2_90158_iswistore&scm=1007.13339.90158.0&pvid=ed7ad195-2752-4099-9173-2ab884a65ba3&tpp=1