[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

A long distance thrower will have a dark spot in the middle of the beam if shining it on a wall at less than (focus distance) as the collimation of the large lens doesn’t bring the light together until it’s out away from the end of the light. A really long distance thrower might show this out to 20 or 30 feet away. This is how it focus’s out to maximum distance.

A dark spot will show on a cloth covering the lens on most lights with a single emitter.

Steel_1024 I sawed in your thread for GT you have 3500mAh GA batteries with raised top.
Will they work in GT without modification?

Edit: Ok now I see you add a magnets to them

I understand, but why it doesn’t happen with Acebeam X65, K70, Nitecore TM36 and Thrunite TN42 ??

It does.
They just have smaller reflectors so you need to be closer to a wall to notice it.

Sorry Giancarlo but seems you don’t understand, it happens with single emitter throwers when you put them close to the wall like 20-30 cm

The experiment I just did cost me less time to prove than it took DB’ to post. Every light I tried showed a similar dark central spot. The similar 4 spots I see every night when I put the Fenix dome on my Q8 for use as a nightlight. Close enough and the LEDs and reflector just don’t have distance enough to “get right” as optically designed.

I have a TN-31 and the K70 and they do show a dark spot in the center beam at close distances…

It seems that the flashlight is covered with some kind of cloth, so the black hole seems so big

Why do people even care about this?
You don’t buy a 2km thrower to use it at 5cm distance.

Asian, Yup, but the experiment takes less time to write about than it takes to see it for yourself (that was a strong hint). Every LED light I tested had a similar dark spot when covered with a translucent film. (cloth is not required)

But if anyone thinks that they are being conned, the solution is simple. Just don’t buy the light. No one here really cares since there is no financial connection of the sales of the light to folks on this forum. There is the voluntary donation of the dollar to help defray expenses for the development team and that’s it.

What minor difference?
All I said was that rude points don’t really matter and you can just ignore them like I do, don’t give satisfaction to whoever clicked it :wink:

I just showed that the TN42 also has a dark spot, I know perfectly well that the black hole for the throw flshlights is the norm.
:wink:

yeah, and i wonder what kind of fuel mileage my 4000 hp, blown top fuel dragster will get when i take it to the grocery store ?
any ideas ?

Is it an issue if I purchased the flashlight then went back and purchased the batteries only using the same link, as I didn’t have the funds for the light and batteries at the time?

:laughing: :laughing: :+1:

I asked about a month ago to be added to the list but it looks like my name isn’t showing. Could I be added for just 1 light total. Thank you.

1334 Rokypop